T-Bug & Takemura Revelations! (spoilers included)

+
Well it would be nice if you could romance Takemura or at least one night stand with him. Maybe they can pixelate all the important bits too as a jab at Japan's regulation requiring pixelation for all adult videos..

But I have one question, which I am sure is discussed elsewhere...

After the interlude when V wakes up at the landfill, when you crawl out Dexter walks up to you and drags you out. Then you see Takemura walk up to Dexter and he says "I did what you ask" and Takemura shoots him in the head. Then Takemura puts you in his car and drives off (after says "I found your father's killer), his eye is glowing which indicates he's in a call or something. V blacks out but then later on Takemura says he needs your help as these kill bots are trying to kill you.

So exactly what happened while V blacked out? Why did he go from talking to the company to being hunted down and chased? Also if you play corpo V you were sent to snuff someone but then your implant is deactivated and it's quite uncomfortable yet V acts like he/she never been a corpo the whole time and acts like he didn't know how Takemura felt.

I think if your lifepath should at least result in a side quest or something to expand on your origins. Like additional missions about the Bakkers if you're nomad, corporate favors (especially to deal with what happened to Jenkins) if corpo, and work for the Valeintinos if street kid (possibly more back story with Jacky). It doesn't have to affect the main story in any way but it should at least matter something, or at least have different dialogue options.

T-Bug and Takemura are NOT dead. How do I know this? Because they "died" off camera, and we never saw their bodies. It's extremely unsatisfying in visual media to have a main character die and not see the death (usually with a few last words as they snuff it), or at least see the body. In any TV series or movie, if a main or recurring character dies off-screen, and we just hear them die via audio (T-Bug) or are told that they died (Takemura), then it's a 95% sure bet that the character is not really dead and will come back into the story at some point -- with a harrowing tale of how they barely escaped and and have been hiding or on the run ever since.

I expect to see both of these characters again in DLC.

This is exactly what I thought on my first playthrough after Takemura died. He was the only character I really cared about and I thought he died rather abruptly so I thought CDPR had plans for him. Can't say the same for T-bug though. I didn't even know that she died during the heist mission.

After the interlude when V wakes up at the landfill, when you crawl out Dexter walks up to you and drags you out. Then you see Takemura walk up to Dexter and he says "I did what you ask" and Takemura shoots him in the head. Then Takemura puts you in his car and drives off (after says "I found your father's killer), his eye is glowing which indicates he's in a call or something. V blacks out but then later on Takemura says he needs your help as these kill bots are trying to kill you.

i kinda speculated/explained it in the what happened to takemura thread

i agree with you.

takemura was one of the most exceptional guard dogs in the cyberpunk universe. far greater then oda and adam smasher. so much so that he was confident in his skills against oda in his prime even without ANY of his own cyberwares turned on. since takemura was the personal bodyguard of saboro "the emperor", one of the top 10 most powerful man in the cyberpunk world, he must have world class, state of the art military cyberware as well as decades of cutting edge training to go with it. we are talking about someone who can eat a whole squad of max-tac for breakfast w/o even blinking an eye. using takemura to track down V is the most efficient way for yorinobu to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

on 1 hand, takemura is maybe the most effective tracker yorinobu has at his disposal to tracking down any loose ends in his fathers murder. on the other hand, takemura himself IS also a loose end since his loyalty will always be with saboro if push comes to shove. yurinobu knew about the relic program as well as the backed up engram saboro made of himself (just like hanako knew) so takemura will always be a threat to yorinobu. by using takemura to track down V, he can have both loose ends eliminated at the same time.

it likely that after takemura reported that he has located the final loose end to yorinobu, yorinobu had all of his cyberware remotely turned off to create an opening for the elite saka ninjas that he deployed to tie up the loose ends. unfortunately, the elite saka ninjas that he sent is likely personally trained by takemura and even without his cyberware, he was able to best them in combat.

unfortunately they didn't really make all this clear enough in the fight sequence and we are left to play sherlock homes.
Post automatically merged:

This is exactly what I thought on my first playthrough after Takemura died. He was the only character I really cared about and I thought he died rather abruptly so I thought CDPR had plans for him. Can't say the same for T-bug though. I didn't even know that she died during the heist mission.

takemura did NOT die if you saved him when they took hanako back, did not kill oda, and you choose to side with hanako in the end. he is tasked to come to the space station to "collect your soul" so to speak.

as for other endings, he either dies due to a supposed seppuku or from saka storm troopers. it's true you don't see his corpse in any of the endings. but it's unlikely that he'd skip out on the seppuku ending due to the way he was written and portrayed in the game. the shame to his honor would be too much to bare so to speak. even if he doesn't off himself, it's unlikely arasaka would allow his continual existence considering he was the one who vouched for you for the hanako meeting and your eventual betrayal to arasaka.

Last edited:
T-Bug? look everywhere on the map, you will understand.

Takemura; you just have to save him at some point in the gameplay.

notice; I never place spoilers.

Yup, Yoko describes how they 'found her' in her netrunner chair, all of her 'sensory systems fried' or something along those lines. Its definitely assumed that she's dead for sure.
Nervous system, but yes. She suffered an extremely painful death as a result of getting hit by Arasaka's Black ICE.

And just having Johnny say "Takemura is dead" without showing us his mangled body was an awful way to to get rid of a character we had grown to really like. It's like TV, you have to show the viewer, you can't just tell him something important happened.

If Takemura is actually dead, CDPR needs to take a writing class.

No its not like TV because TV usually doesn't take place entirely in first person perspective. To do what TV can do, but purely in first person, you have to be everywhere, all the time. Things happen in real life. You are frequently not around to see it happen because you are not an omniscient ghost camera You don't need visual confirmation of everything that occurs outside of your line of sight. I don't see how this is a problem and applying TV trope logic to a medium that doesn't even use the same perspective technique makes no sense.

This whole phenomenon of having to see the body in TV to know the character is dead comes from terrible shows like The Walking Dead. And the reason it exists is because of how consistently manipulative the screenwriters have been with faking deaths to milk viewership ratings.

Last edited:
T-Bug and Takemura are NOT dead. How do I know this? Because they "died" off camera, and we never saw their bodies. It's extremely unsatisfying in visual media to have a main character die and not see the death (usually with a few last words as they snuff it), or at least see the body. In any TV series or movie, if a main or recurring character dies off-screen, and we just hear them die via audio (T-Bug) or are told that they died (Takemura), then it's a 95% sure bet that the character is not really dead and will come back into the story at some point -- with a harrowing tale of how they barely escaped and and have been hiding or on the run ever since.

I expect to see both of these characters again in DLC.

Well, t bug may not be a considered a main character.

but, possible ways?
faked her own death when things looked bad. screamed and jacked out to save her own life, had other netrunners help cement the narrative with tales of her demise.

Alt soulkilled her before black ice got her, but seems unlikely. It would mean alt is running around "saving" runners before their death.

I don't think the versions of soulkiller Arasaka has are remote, I believe they require a large amount of processing power. The first soulkiller wasnt remote, thats part of why they kidnapped alt. I am uncertain if hanako soulkiller 3.0 is, but I'd assume it wasn't since she still seems interested in it, and wants V to find it.

As far as takemura, V can save em, so he is most likely alive, and dlc ready.

No its not like TV because TV usually doesn't take place entirely in first person perspective. To do what TV can do, but purely in first person, you have to be everywhere, all the time. Things happen in real life. You are frequently not around to see it happen because you are not an omniscient ghost camera You don't need visual confirmation of everything that occurs outside of your line of sight. I don't see how this is a problem and applying TV trope logic to a medium that doesn't even use the same perspective technique makes no sense.

This whole phenomenon of having to see the body in TV to know the character is dead comes from terrible shows like The Walking Dead. And the reason it exists is because of how consistently manipulative the screenwriters have been with faking deaths to milk viewership ratings.

well actually yes, but also no, because faking of death is actually very real. Also presumed deaths turn out false too at times. And since these are fictional worlds which tend to be about unlikely scenarios, its a real possibility.

T bug has a lot of good reasons to fake her death, and possibly even plans to do so. She mentions this is her last job and burning any and all bridges. That said, plotwise not a lot is gained by keeping tBug alive, unless it was designed early on that she has more importance, and this was always a feint.

Its up to V, his fate

Last edited:
Top Bottom