Tagging broken on pc

+

Can you tag in combat tutorial?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Cant get past combat tutorial due to not being able to tag.

tried changing keybindings, looks like other people having same problem with controller

I got it, you must press middle mouse button.. OMG!!!! All it shows is an icon of the mouse.. Should at least highlight in RED the middle mouse button!!!!

I got it, you must press middle mouse button.. OMG!!!! All it shows is an icon of the mouse.. Should at least highlight in RED the middle mouse button!!!!
tried middle mouse, tried rebinding key to T and L tried restarting comp each time i rebound key and still isnt working for me
Post automatically merged:

le spamming middle mouse button to no avail

tried with 4 other keybinds T,L,Y,U.

when I tried with T and I wasnt in scan mode, I could see the answer phone icon lightup in the bottom left corner and this signified to me that something was wrong

everything up to date on pc

Last edited:
I also can't tag. Tried middle mouse, tried remapping. Loading older saves...nothing is working...everything is up to date - PC, 5800X, 5700XT

I got stuck on this yesterday for a few hours and quit.
Everything was going fine, but during this mission, I couldn't tag anyone. Tried to press every button, even MMB, and nothing happens. I'll try again later :(

I guy from another post told he'll recreate his character. I hope to not need this until tonight.

What the game doesnt tell you, before tagging you need to hit/hold TAB to activate your cyberware optics and then the middle mouse button for the tagging

What the game doesnt tell you, before tagging you need to hit/hold TAB to activate your cyberware optics and then the middle mouse button for the tagging
Hold=tab/PRESS=CAPSLOCK to cyberware, then tried to press MMB. Still not working to tag anyone.

And I can't restart tutorial. There isn't an option.

Other option could be, that you need to be in a specific location? This is just a wild guess, I was stuck there too. When I moved to the left side of the window I somehow managed to activate cyberware and tag enemies, unforutantely I`m no longer able to recreat it as the game constantly crashes....

I'm also stuck at this Point. I cannot mark enemies in this turorial.
Reloading Game, change key assignment, gamepad and keyboard also not working.

Maybe CDPR does not expect that someone is doing optional turorials :)

Got Version V1.03

Other option could be, that you need to be in a specific location? This is just a wild guess, I was stuck there too. When I moved to the left side of the window I somehow managed to activate cyberware and tag enemies, unforutantely I`m no longer able to recreat it as the game constantly crashes....
That's Ok. I'm accepting suggestions.
Since I can't leave that "room" I walked in circles for more than an hour trying to find any way to tag them. I even watched a video from a guy doing this tutorial mission and I repeated every single step :(

CDPR needs fix this ASAP or an option to restart tutorial.

Last edited:
I found that using a controller for this buggy phases makes tagging possible when blocked on keyboard.
Also, sometimes, reassigning the key to tag has allowed me to "force" tagging temporarily.

I did do that. tried tab and caps lock both

I found that using a controller for this buggy phases makes tagging possible when blocked on keyboard.
Also, sometimes, reassigning the key to tag has allowed me to "force" tagging temporarily.
I also tried using a controller to no avail

That's Ok. I'm accepting suggestions.
Since I can't leave that "room" I walked in circles for more than an hour trying to find any way to tag them. I even watched a video from a guy doing this tutorial mission and I repeated every single step :(

CDPR needs fix this ASAP or an option to restart tutorial.
The game autosaves A LOT. I am about to just go back and skip those last two tutorials, but I don't like that at all.....

I'm stuck at tagging enemy tutorial with a female street kid "V".
Yesterday, I walked in circles trying to find a way to tag those 4 choombas with no answer.

Tutorial says to use MMB to tag them. I tried:
-tag them with/without cyberware;
-Walking in circles looking for a different location to tag them;
-Press/hold MMB;
-Restart CP2077;
-Restart windows;
-Cried/pray :(

And there isn't any option to leave that "room" or restart the tutorial. After trying for a few hours I quit.

My specs:
-SSD;
-7700K;
-1070ti;
-32gb ram;
-windows 10 + nvidia drivers up to date.

I'm accepting suggestions or a fix ASAP. I'm hoping to keep playing without need to recreate my char tonight.

I'm stuck at tagging enemy tutorial with a female street kid "V".
Yesterday, I walked in circles trying to find a way to tag those 4 choombas with no answer.

Tutorial says to use MMB to tag them. I tried:
-tag them with/without cyberware;
-Walking in circles looking for a different location to tag them;
-Press/hold MMB;
-Restart CP2077;
-Restart windows;
-Cried/pray :(

And there isn't any option to leave that "room" or restart the tutorial. After trying for a few hours I quit.

My specs:
-SSD;
-7700K;
-1070ti;
-32gb ram;
-windows 10 + nvidia drivers up to date.

I'm accepting suggestions or a fix ASAP. I'm hoping to keep playing without need to recreate my char tonight.

I finally got it!!!!!

After reloading to the tutorial hub save, I went back and did the hacking portion again, then I was able to tag enemies in the next section!!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/ka7urj

I have the same problem but reloading doesn't solve the problem, I'm stuck at the Tag step, but it won't tag the guards. When you mouse over them it scans them, but there's nothing for Tagging, so can't proceed to the next step.

I have the same problem but reloading doesn't solve the problem, I'm stuck at the Tag step, but it won't tag the guards. When you mouse over them it scans them, but there's nothing for Tagging, so can't proceed to the next step.
I had to redo hacking. I've seen people say remapping fixed it for them, others said a controller did it, some even said that disabling the GOG in-game overlay did it for them.

The link I put above seem to have all the fixes I've seen in one post

Same issue for me on Xbox Series X, I posted in the Xbox section about this too. If I'm lucky I might have an autosave before the other hacking bit and can try the reloaded save suggestion mentioned above.

I had to redo hacking. I've seen people say remapping fixed it for them, others said a controller did it, some even said that disabling the GOG in-game overlay did it for them.

The link I put above seem to have all the fixes I've seen in one post
Thanks only thing i've not tried yet is the controller, will have to faff with that later though.

It's a potential for an amazing game, but let down by simple Bugs so far, :(

Plugged a controller in. Doesn't do anything (useful)
Tried using another mouse button as I have a few spare. Doesn't accept inputs unless you use one already in use... like mwheel down, to which it states binding failed.
Loaded previous save. Actually spazzed out worse here, It spawned me on the wrong side of the window with the bloke and the laptop. Had to re reload this mission again... worked.. moved onto the tagging mission... same thing. Can't tag.
Shadowplay doesn't work... not a suprise here eh? Delay something for so long and make a pigs ear of the starting tutorial mission.... not looking good.

Last edited:
I finally got it!!!!!

After reloading to the tutorial hub save, I went back and did the hacking portion again, then I was able to tag enemies in the next section!!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/ka7urj

Got on this morning tried playing around a bit no luck

I am going to try this later tonight I will post my results

But my god a patch would be nice I also do Not want to play further without being able to tag/finish this part

Redoing the hacking section of the tutorial made tagging work for me

thank you @crunchyhampster for finding the fix

Last edited:
Top Bottom