Tagging broken on pc

+

Can you tag in combat tutorial?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Are you using a Logitech mouse? Remarkably, CP2077 doesn't seem to work with the most popular mouse brand in the world. Seriously, how did this not get picked up in testing? I've had to use a different brand mouse to play the game.

Was having this problem on my Logitech MX Master 3, where middle click (and mouse4/5) aren't recognized by the game

This thread on reddit was a huge help, and fixed my issue to get middle click working.

Another user in that thread modified the inputmappings to use the G key instead of middle-mouse everywhere it was found

Go to your "<Cyberpunk Game Directory>/r6/config" and open "inputUserMappings.xml".

On Steam, that's by right-clicking on your game in the list > Properties > Browse Local Files.

Then, if you search for <button id="IK_MiddleMouse"/> you will see the middle mouse uses. I added a new button, G, to all those mappings with: <button id="IK_G"/>

Now I use G whenever I see the middle mouse button..

HOPEFULLY some coder at CD is desperately trying to find an MX Master mouse to try and make the mapping work. I can bypass this issue using a controller, but I don't WANT to use a controller, I like MOUSE aiming. An inability to bind things away from keys I don't like to ones that I do is mildly infuriating, especially after the 3 hour wait to finish downloading and play the game in the first place.

Given that this same issue apparently occurred in Witcher 3, you would think they'd have accounted for it in CP.

ok, i restarted my save again and i got it to work.
I presses Caps Lock and pointed to the guard and it automatically tagged the guard.
Please try this and see if it works for you.

So, a quick update from myself on Xbox Series X (Digital Download) - I've managed to "fix" this by reverting to an earlier autosave to the very beginning of the tutorial and going through all the scenarios again.

This time for whatever reason the tagging worked (I knew because on my minimap the bright yellow indicators for the guards turned into a dull yellow ones, so I could see that I was ticking them off).

Hopefully this helps others and that's the worst of the bugs out of the way!

Following solution worked for me: change the tagging key under keyboard settings -> general to the right or left mouse key
seems that the game does not recognize some computer mice proparly

edit: I had the same issue with the granate key. Had to change it, too.

Have the same problem, and using a logitech G502 lightspeed mouse. Tried everything listed here (minus the logitech fix) so far. Odd that the game recognized the middle mouse button during the remap, but not in the game? Tried remapping the tagging to ~, also didn't work. Tried using the controller, and that did not work.

Had a very similar issue with the tab key not wanting to bring me into hack mode either. Had to quit and restart the game for that to start working.

Finally figured this out.
use CAPS lock to switch to cybermode
hover over dude, hold right mouse button, you'll see a down arrow over the robot
now middle-click and you'll see two arrows appear, one on each side of the down arrow
>V<
now it's tagged, do that for each and you can move on.

Same exact problem described by others. I didn't realize the icon was representing mouse-middle-click. HOWEVER, for me.... I had to double-click with the middle-mouse-button each time I selected someone.

It works for me:

Go to find your mouse profile XML. Mine was here:
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Logishrd\LogiOptions\devices\6b023
Open the XML with notepad. Mine was "6b023.xml".

Find a line that looks like this:
<fn_controlid rawxy="1" actiongroup7="win8nav2" actiongroup8="win8nav2" rawwheel="0" group="3" groupmask="7" id="0x0052" reprogrammable="true" type="mouse" taskidlist="middleButtonTaskList2" gestureidlist="othersGestureidList" actiongrouplist="win8NavList" actiongroup="virtualdesktop">
<task id="0x003a" class="mouseclick">

Add the 'divert="0"' text to it as so:
<task divert="0" id="0x003a" class="mouseclick">
Save, restart windows, try, like i said - it works for my logitech mouse!!!

The middle mouse (and extra buttons) are not working when using MX Master 3. Apparently, other users reported the same behavior for other Logitech devices.

Here is more information: https://www.reddit.com/r/LogitechG/comments/ka1xm7
The proposed fix isn't working for everyone, including me.

I am very annoyed as I cannot go past the tutorial, and I don't want to start rebinding. I'd like to experiment the game as it was designed.

Please do something about it.

(Also, azerty keyboard is not supported. I consider this as an epic fail for an AAA game)

Was having this problem on my Logitech MX Master 3, where middle click (and mouse4/5) aren't recognized by the game

This thread on reddit was a huge help, and fixed my issue to get middle click working.

Another user in that thread modified the inputmappings to use the G key instead of middle-mouse everywhere it was found

werkd Thank you
Post automatically merged:

logitec mouse M330 middle button also no click in CP 2077
edited "inputUserMappings.xml". to add the G
thanks freakin_a

Last edited:
OK, after messing with this for about 10 minutes I could get reliable 'tagging' bu doing this. Once in Cybermode (CAPSLOCK) I could get it to tag by pressing and holding all three mouse buttons in this order, RM, MM, LM. So you are holing down both RM and MM when you click LM and it tags. Bloody cumbersome thing to have to do. Is it meant to be that crap?
FYI I too am using a Logitech mouse.

Same here. MX Master 2S. Ended up rebinding to L Ctrl, works, but not ideal especially since it took a while to even figure out why it wasn't working

Hi all,

Had this issue, it's related to the mouse. I tried the solution in the reddit thread without any help but what did work was just uninstalling Logitech Options Software. Once I did that the bindings worked as expected. Not ideal but a working solution until patched.

Top Bottom