taking a hiatus until 2.0.2 or when cyberware issues are resolved.

+
it's an operating system... which mean it replace your cyberdeck
The Chrome Compressor 100% replaces Cyberdecks, Sandy, and Berserk
I'm aware, I should have clarified: There's a bug where once the Chrome Compressor is purchased and installed, it cannot be removed. I can go to a cyberdoc and reinstall a cyberdec/berserk/sandevistan, and can even equip quickhacks to the cyberdeck, but I'm never able to quickhack anything again. The inventory menu still shows the compressor as the equiped OS (no cyberdeck), but if I tab over to the cyberware menu it only shows the cyberdeck and its equipped quickhacks.

I'm aware, I should have clarified: There's a bug where once the Chrome Compressor is purchased and installed, it cannot be removed. I can go to a cyberdoc and reinstall a cyberdec/berserk/sandevistan, and can even equip quickhacks to the cyberdeck, but I'm never able to quickhack anything again. The inventory menu still shows the compressor as the equiped OS (no cyberdeck), but if I tab over to the cyberware menu it only shows the cyberdeck and its equipped quickhacks.

Yeah that is a major issue that needs to be addressed ASAP. I've noticed some other strange stuff when switching Cyberware, I had Gorilla Arms equipped mostly for beat on the brat, then switched to Mantis Blades, and it didn't change the look of V's arms, until I actually entered combat using the blades. Like In the menus, and looking down or holding a weapon I still had the gorilla arms hands. But once I popped the blades open the hands changed to the correct "Skin".

Definitely some funky Cyberware stuff going on, can't say I'm entirely surprised seeing how many changes they've made to that system in general, I would have liked it to be a little bit of a smother launch, but all things considered with such a major overhaul, as long as we get a relatively quick fix to it it's fine IMO.

Definitely some funky Cyberware stuff going on, can't say I'm entirely surprised seeing how many changes they've made to that system in general, I would have liked it to be a little bit of a smother launch, but all things considered with such a major overhaul, as long as we get a relatively quick fix to it it's fine IMO.
In a few days 2.0 will have been out for one month. So we can already say the cyberware fix cant be a "quick fix". I really hope it's the major focus of the devs for the next update of the game.
It's really sad because cyberware is one of the two biggest upgrades of 2.0 (with the new skills tree), and the more we play, the more we can see how it's utterly broken on many, many levels. Some perks may be bugged, but overall the new skills seem to work out well. Cyberware, on the other hand, is really broken.

Yeah, i haven't found any cyberware capacity shards in probably 20-30 hours, and i need just a bit more to complete my build, not even looking to slot all the iconic cyberware or anything.

Might go back to BG3 until they fix this issue, because i want to have my V. complete and the way i want them.

because i want to have my V. complete and the way i want them.
exactly my case, i might end up using mods to give me just the 24 more points i need... and as you say, is not that i wanna use all iconics, i just wanna use axolotl and apogee sandy... the rest, well, goddamnit, even my eyes are the ones that use only 1 capacity, not 8...

also keep in mind that, in more restrained builds, if you spec into edgerunner but you keep getting shards you will be automatically loked out of fury...

then again, it all comes down to this randomness of shard drop, this is so so SO bad and has so many BAD ramifications that i cannot complehend what thought process went into it... just by the fact that you cannot preplan your build makes the whole thing uggly as fuck... [...]

I don't think any of the fundamental flaws with the game are ever gonna get fixed. REDengine was discontinued. They laid off a bunch of staff. They want to move on. Any updates from here on will just be fixing crashes and progress blockers I think.

I don't think any of the fundamental flaws with the game are ever gonna get fixed. REDengine was discontinued. They laid off a bunch of staff. They want to move on. Any updates from here on will just be fixing crashes and progress blockers I think.
I'm not sure why you say this here. This thread is mainly about bugs linked to the new cyberware rules in 2.0, or new bugs appeared since 2.01.
We're not talking about any "fundamental flaws" of the original game here. I don't say you're wrong, but i think you're not in the right place to say that.

WAS
Was this ever fixed?

Top Bottom