The Axii Sign

+
Maybe instead of having Axii being a turn the player against his enemies type thing, maybe it should just be one that makes the enemy not attack for a period of time (unless Geralt attacks first) and only when used for peaceful matters people may follow Geralt's orders. In this case it can also be used for larger groups of enemies and it gives a group control type of function so that he can focus on certain enemies rather than being overwhelmed.

AnthonyF1227 said:
Maybe instead of having Axii being a turn the player against his enemies type thing, maybe it should just be one that makes the enemy not attack for a period of time (unless Geralt attacks first).
Interesting idea - I would say - no matter if he will attack them. They can be slow, something like bewitched. Their reactions can be slow or no reactions at all (can depend on their 'level' - peasant, city guard, warrior, mage). I have to say, I didn't use this sign too much, so little change can improve it.

Slicedice808 said:
This is a question that has been on my mind since I first used the Axii sign in the Witcher 2...

What is the Axii Sign exactly? How is it described in the books? What are its capabilities?

In the game we only get to use it in dialogue when CDPR lets us, but in the reality of the Witcher universe, what are its capabilities?

For example, in the prologue, you can use the sign on the soldiers to leave the La Valette citizens alone. Could have Geralt just used the sign on Letho and told him to suicide? Would Letho or Iorveth or any other comply if Geralt just ordered them -using the Axii sign- to fuck each other to death?? Is the Axii sign an ultimate weapon which can be used to persuade anyone into doing anything Geralt might want?? If so, why does he even bother to pay to merchants or persuade anyone to do something??

Anyone ever wondered about this??

Yes I have wondered about it, and yes as already pointed out, Geralt uses it to calm Roach in the books. In Witcher 1 it was completely different compared to Witcher 2 that had a more mind trick(with gesture even!) to it, and I thought of the Jedi in Star wars. Geralt's eyes flashed cool though. :D

It is also the least used sign(along with Yrden) in all of my playthroughs of both games, but then again, that is my choice. I'm a Quen/Aard fan myself.
I do however look forward in using Axii in Witcher 3 as it will be involved in, dare I say, the 'original' sense of taming/calming Roach.

To your comment of "fuck each other to death??" I say and but then again, Geralt once told a powerful being to literally do just that(well to f himself anyway) with comical consequences. And he wasn't using the Axii sign either. ;)

Top Bottom