The combat rebalance mod.

+
The combat rebalance mod.

Hello folks,I'm fairly new to The Witcher and completely new to these forums. Since I'm still pretty early in the game, I want to make sure I'm playing the best version of The Witcher there is.I found this http://www.moddb.com/mods/full-combat-rebalance1/downloads/full-combat-rebalance-ver-1013 the Full Combat Rebalance ver 1.0.1.3 mod, and was wondering what your opinions on it were. Should I use this mod? I've read elsewhere that the CDProjekt developers themselves say that this author's mods are worth a look.Again, I'm just starting out in The Witcher (just left the beginning Kaer Morhen fortress after Leo died) and I want to play the rest of the game with the best possible configuration.Are there any other additional mods you guys like that I should look at before I go any further?Thanks!

if you bought the game and upgraded it to the current patch (btw, there's another patch tomorrow), then the FCR is part of it ... so it's "official" in that sense.I personally haven't tried it, but reports have been positive. :peace:

I would say, the FCR mod is an extension of the Flash mod because it takes over many features. You can learn more about FCR here. And this list contains all available community adventures.

It's a great mod.I would recommend you play the game for the first time with out the mod, to get a feel for the original game. After you do that use the Combat Rebalance Mod. It changes weapon, and armor stats significantly and is a bit more challenging.

Forum veteran
VictoriousDead said:
It's a great mod.I would recommend you play the game for the first time with out the mod, to get a feel for the original game. After you do that use the Combat Rebalance Mod. It changes weapon, and armor stats significantly and is a bit more challenging.
Nah... I would say that that still isn't enough. First a person has to complete the game with all possible outcomes... in this case: Three.Then, and only then, will they appreciate the mod and new adventures to the extent they were meant for. :peace:

Ive also been thinking of gettin this. I hvnt played the game but i did play the first two chapters and was halfway into the third. then my vcard broke down. damn vcard. anyways i have a new laptop that can play the witcher decently (not maxed tho) so im restarting. Should i get the combat mod? I DO have a feel for the combat

Forum veteran
aymanhaq said:
Ive also been thinking of gettin this. I hvnt played the game but i did play the first two chapters and was halfway into the third. then my vcard broke down. damn vcard. anyways i have a new laptop that can play the witcher decently (not maxed tho) so im restarting. Should i get the combat mod? I DO have a feel for the combat
Absolutely NOT!! Well, download it, but don't start it as then you will get only 1 experience.Rather complete the game (maybe a couple of times) and then install the MOD to get a different play experience. It's the only way you can appreciate it. :peace:

To feel the changes introduced by the mod you need to play vanilla Witcher to have a comparison gameplay.

Top Bottom