The compendium of tweaks and fixes for the PC version

+
You, sir, are a true gentleman for sharing this with the rest of us and I would like to thank you so much for doing so on behalf of everyone here! :clap:

The Touissant sharpening fix will now go straight into the OP under a new section and shame on CDProjekt RED for leaving bugs like this in the game for (extremely) talented fans to fix for free in their spare time instead of just enjoying a fully working game... :thumbdown:

EDIT: You can now refer to the new section #16 of the OP for Murzinio's sharpening filter fix for Touissant! All thanks go to @Pawel1995 once again for bringing this wonderful news to our humble thread! :cheers2:

About the sharpening in Toussaint, it's not a bug apparently. One of the reds said it was disabled in Toussaint on purpose:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...d-and-wine-(?p=2755641&viewfull=1#post2755641

Just a quick question concerning Tweak 4 on the first page: With the most recent Nvidia WHQL driver version 372.90 installed, it seems "Nvidia Streamer Service" is gone from the "services" list. Instead I noticed an entry "Nvidia NetworkService Container" of which I'm not sure that it has existed before. So, is it only me or did the StreamerService entry dissapear for everyone?

About the sharpening in Toussaint, it's not a bug apparently. One of the reds said it was disabled in Toussaint on purpose:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...d-and-wine-(?p=2755641&viewfull=1#post2755641

Thank you very much for sharing this with us, I personally wasn't aware this was an(other) artistic direction from CD Projekt RED. Nevertheless, we now have a mod for those of us who missed having sharpening on in Touissant and I will update the relevant section from the OP with this new information! ;)

Just a quick question concerning Tweak 4 on the first page: With the most recent Nvidia WHQL driver version 372.90 installed, it seems "Nvidia Streamer Service" is gone from the "services" list. Instead I noticed an entry "Nvidia NetworkService Container" of which I'm not sure that it has existed before. So, is it only me or did the StreamerService entry dissapear for everyone?

The NVIDIA Streamer Service disappeared for me as well, but I believe this is only the case when you also choose to install GeForce Experience 3.0, which is actually much more user-friendly compared to its previous iterations. If anyone thinks I should still amend the relevant section in the OP, however, just let me know and I will do so as soon as I am able! :p

Btw, AFAIK Nvidia Streamer Service is nothing but a Shadowplay. The only way it could constantly affect performance is background capture of last few minutes of the game (if this function was on).

Btw, AFAIK Nvidia Streamer Service is nothing but a Shadowplay. The only way it could constantly affect performance is background capture of last few minutes of the game (if this function was on).

Not really, it's actually got to do with streaming games from your desktop to an NVIDIA Shield handheld console if you happen to have one. :p

Unfortunately, the NVIDIA Streamer Service will continually search for available Shield devices to link to in the background regardless of whether you actually have one or not and its constant performance drain is something that we can all easily do without! ;)

Last edited:
Not really, it's actually got to do with streaming games from your desktop to an NVIDIA Shield handheld console if you happen to have one. :p

Unfortunately, the NVIDIA Streamer Service will continually search for available Shield devices to link to in the background regardless of whether you actually have one or not and its constant performance drain is something that we can all easily do without! ;)

With GFE 3.0 the Shield Streaming can be disabled entirely within the software without the need to kill the process.

Hmm, when I tried to get rid of this process, it was disabling Shadowplay every time, so I had to leave it on. Maybe it doesn't matter now with Geforce Experience 3.

Hi Verrenus & everyone -- I'm from Thailand and play THIS awesome game for 141 hours. My question is -- what is TextureStreamingReduceGameplayLOD & TextureInFlightCountBudget ? THANKS VERY MUCH.

Hi Verrenus & everyone -- I'm from Thailand and play THIS awesome game for 141 hours. My question is -- what is TextureStreamingReduceGameplayLOD & TextureInFlightCountBudget ? THANKS VERY MUCH.

First of all, a very warm welcome to our humble thread, my friend, and thank you very much for your question! :cheers2:

As far as I am aware, tweaking those two parameters in the past did not amount to any visible changes or improvements in-game. I would, however, let other members of this thread comment on the matter before drawing any conclusion. :p

Should you have any other questions or concerns at any point in the future, please do not hesitate to write again and we will sort everything out together! :D

First of all, a very warm welcome to our humble thread, my friend, and thank you very much for your question! :cheers2:As far as I am aware, tweaking those two parameters in the past did not amount to any visible changes or improvements in-game. I would, however, let other members of this thread comment on the matter before drawing any conclusion. :pShould you have any other questions or concerns at any point in the future, please do not hesitate to write again and we will sort everything out together! :D
Thank you Verrenus. I am now happy with my tweak setting. I'm about to finish the main story and will try the new game +. All the items in stash will still there? I'm sorry for my rusty grammar. I understand all 33 pages of this thread and also understand 90% of all dialogues in the game. But when it comes to speaking or writting , I'm totally crap. Thanks again.

Thank you Verrenus. I am now happy with my tweak setting. I'm about to finish the main story and will try the new game +. All the items in stash will still there? I'm sorry for my rusty grammar. I understand all 33 pages of this thread and also understand 90% of all dialogues in the game. But when it comes to speaking or writting , I'm totally crap. Thanks again.

No worries, my friend, it is always my pleasure to help as best as I can! :p

If you are happy with your current tweaks, then by all means focus on just playing and enjoying the game for as long as you want. I personally spent 300+ hours on my first playthrough of the main game and both of its expansions and I can honestly say that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is now my favourite RPG of all time, if not videogame of all time even! :wub:

Like I mentioned earlier, never hesitate to drop us another post in the thread if you have any other questions at any point in the future and don't worry about your English either - it's perfectly fine and it will actually only get better the more you play videogames in English, so that's another reason why you should never give up on PC gaming! :D

Last edited:
300 hours ? I guess you explored everything as you can, perhaps without fast travel ?

Here's another thing I'm a bit curious. I'm going to play game again using the "new game +" feature. So all my gears and items in my inventory and stash from previous gameplay will still there at the beginning of the new game + ?

Thanks very much.:geraltthatsgood:

300 hours ? I guess you explored everything as you can, perhaps without fast travel ?

Here's another thing I'm a bit curious. I'm going to play game again using the "new game +" feature. So all my gears and items in my inventory and stash from previous gameplay will still there at the beginning of the new game + ?

Thanks very much.:geraltthatsgood:

Yup, that's taking the time to explore everything the game had to offer quest-wise and almost every nook and cranny on every map without fast travelling (except between different world regions, of course)! ;)

When you are going to start a "New Game+", you will be asked to import your most recent post-ending saved game. After doing that, you can rest assured in knowing that everything you had by that point in both your inventory and your stash will be carried forward into the "New Game+". You won't lose anything that you already had! :p

Last edited:
Yup, that's taking the time to explore everything the game had to offer quest-wise and almost every nook and cranny on every map without fast travelling (except between different world regions, of course)! ;)

When you are going to start a "New Game+", you will be asked to import your most recent post-ending saved game. After doing that, you can rest assured in knowing that everything you had by that point in both your inventory and your stash will be carried forward into the "New Game+". You won't lose anything that you already had! :p

Thank you very much. I really appreciate for what you've done with this thread. I'm sure that everybody feels the same. Only a few Thai gamers know about the tweaks of this game and that's why I feel so lucky I found this thread.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate for what you've done with this thread. I'm sure that everybody feels the same. Only a few Thai gamers know about the tweaks of this game and that's why I feel so lucky I found this thread.

No worries at all, my friend, and thank you so much for your extremely kind thoughts - I appreciate them more than I could ever say! :blushing:

I feel like I have done everything in my power to help other PC gamers get the most out of their experience with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, as well as some other of my favourite games (just check out my signature to see which ones I mean), but I am afraid it's ultimately up to everyone following this thread to not only make it known to others, but also to share in this sense of fraternity, accessibility and inclusiveness as much as possible. :gathering:

In today's world of division, discrimination and overall apathy, it is my firm belief that even the smallest gesture of kindness done to your fellow man - regardless of his/her age, sex or cultural heritage - can act as a positive force to combat the sometimes overbearing negativity we encounter in our daily lives. If my tweaking guides (which will always be completely free and as friendly and accessible as I can write them) can help even just one other PC gamer get more enjoyment out of his/her favourite game, then I consider that to be a massive win for the good side of mankind, one individual at a time. ;)

So by all means, enjoy your adventures as Geralt, my friend, and whenever you find the time please spread the word about our work in this thread to others who might be in need of help with their own gaming setups. I would be more than happy to welcome them on board as well and help them out as best as I can with whatever questions they might have! :D

Last edited:
could somebode can give me best cascadeshadow values for gtx 970 and good for eye look ?

Have you tried the first set of values listed under section 15 of the OP (i.e. 3, 3, 2.5, 2), since they have been known to provide the best quality/performance ratio? :p

I see you're using Windows 7. If you play in windowed or borderless [fullscreen] windowed, and you have Windows Aero on, you'll have stutters. Disable Aero and you're good to go.

Top Bottom