The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
Suhiira;n10905201 said:
Cancer is such "fun".

Don't suppose anyone out there wants mine (colon) ?

Ooph. Didn't know you had cancer. If this is personal, you don't have to answer, but is it treatable?

Snowflakez;n10905321 said:
Ooph. Didn't know you had cancer. If this is personal, you don't have to answer, but is it treatable?
Had surgery, they got most of it.
I have one "advantage" tho, at my age chances are I won't be around in 10 years to worry about a relapse.
If I was younger I suppose it would be more traumatic, but there comes a point in your life you realize you're much closer to the end then the beginning and sorta come to terms with it.

Suhiira;n10905471 said:
I have one "advantage" tho, at my age chances are I won't be around in 10 years to worry about a relapse.
If I was younger I suppose it would be more traumatic, but there comes a point in your life you realize you're much closer to the end then the beginning and sorta come to terms with it.

Sorry to hear that. My uncle died of cancer not so long ago in age of 55, so I know how hard it can get.

Suhiira;n10905471 said:

Well, in the meantime, I look forward to hearing more of your war stories and arguing about stupid game mechanics. Cheers.

Lol it does suck getting old though I suppose like they say you only as old as you think you are, but I'm feeling stuff that I never felt in my 20's. I'm just off the calander now. The odd ache in the morning when getting up, the one grey hair that pops up even though I pull it out, it still comes back. Tk goodness it only one! Did something stupid the other day and my arrogance to getting it seen to by thinking "the pain will fade in a few days" taught me a lesson.

Long story short, I was hanging the flat screen back on the sitting room wall after doing some messy wiring cleanup, I could not see around or over the dam tv while trying to have it sit back on the mounting brackets, I over reached and ended up doing the sideways two step. It did not end well. I saved the tv from hitting the floor, but I hit the floor in its place. My left shoulder was sore, but eased after a day or two, afew days later the shite hit the fan when I realized I could not play properly using the ps4 controller as my index finger seemed to not be listening to my brain. The pain in the arm had gone, but in its place I had a numb arm and a non functional thumb and index finger.

Went to to the doc and after some scan and other procedures turns out I had shattered part of my rotar cuff in my shoulder and pinched the main nerve leading down my arm. It been two weeks and only now my hand is starting to function properly again and I can kinda play games again. Moral of the story, ask for help when moving big things and don't wear socks on a laminate floor in said moving big thing process.

Last edited:
Potestaquisitor;n10907771 said:
Lol it does suck getting old though I suppose like they say you only as old as you think you are, but I'm feeling stuff that I never felt in my 20's. I'm just off the calander now. The odd ache in the morning when getting up, the one grey hair that pops up even though I pull it out, it still comes back. Tk goodness it only one! Did something stupid the other day and my arrogance to getting it seen to by thinking "the pain will fade in a few days" taught me a lesson.

Long story short, I was hanging the flat screen back on the sitting room wall after doing some messy wiring cleanup, I could not see around or over the dam tv while trying to have it sit back on the mounting brackets, I over reached and ended up doing the sideways two step. It did not end well. I saved the tv from hitting the floor, but I hit the floor in its place. My left shoulder was sore, but eased after a day or two, afew days later the shite hit the fan when I realized I could not play properly using the ps4 controller as my index finger seemed to not be listening to my brain. The pain in the arm had gone, but in its place I had a numb arm and a non functional thumb and index finger.

Went to to the doc and after some scan and other procedures turns out I had shattered part of my rotar cuff in my shoulder and pinched the main nerve leading down my arm. It been two weeks and only now my hand is starting to function properly again and I can kinda play games again. Moral of the story, ask for help when moving big things and don't wear socks on a laminate floor in said moving big thing process.

Jesus. I'm glad you're okay now, that sounds awful (the not playing video games part, not the pain, obviously).

Snowflakez;n10908021 said:
Jesus. I'm glad you're okay now, that sounds awful (the not playing video games part, not the pain, obviously).

The thing was the initial piain only lasted two days and using my guy mentality I was like it will blow over. The arm only started acting up (numbness) a week later. Lol I though at one stage I had a mini stroke or something lol. It's been in a sling for two weeks now and it cramps often cause of it position so I take it out from time to time for a stretch. Lol I had bought God of War and could not play lol. I can play now but after like two hours it starts to ache, but it's getting better. Tk goodness my car has a DSG gearbox or I would have been stuck not driving either!

Very sorry to hear that, Suhiira! But I totally appreciate your stance -- we're all gonna kick off at some point. I'm a strong believer in things being "sad" while simultaneously being "okay".

As encouragement, though, I know of someone that recently overcame colon cancer as an outpatient and beat it. Several treatments, lots of meds for a while...not one full 24 hour period in the hospital. Just a few overnights. It's truly amazing how far the treatments have come.

Potestaquisitor;n10907771 said:
Moral of the story, ask for help when moving big things and don't wear socks on a laminate floor in said moving big thing process.
The one I always find amusing is after 20 years in the Marines, two "wars" (Vietnam and Gulf I) during that entire time the worst "injury" I got was one Saturday I was messing around at a skateboard park and managed to shatter (not merely break, shatter) my right wrist. Military doctors being what they are when he walked into the room looking at the x-ray and letting out a low whistle I knew I'd done something "impressive". The result being my right wrist only bends to about 45 degrees to this day. I always got a chuckle because ever since I had to do one-handed or "knuckle" push-ups, NOT because I was trying to "out man" the men, but because with the wrist doing them the normal way was impossible.

Last edited:
SigilFey;n10908331 said:
As encouragement, though, I know of someone that recently overcame colon cancer as an outpatient and beat it. Several treatments, lots of meds for a while...not one full 24 hour period in the hospital. Just a few overnights. It's truly amazing how far the treatments have come.
Yeah, they tell me there's only a 50/50 chance it'll be back in the next 20 years, I could cut that to 30ish if I did the whole radiation therapy thing, the side effects of which we're all familiar with and aren't fun at all, so why bother? If I was still in even my 50's it might be worth the trouble ... but ...

Anyway, back to the topic ...

WAIT !

This is "Forlorn Hope" ... there is no topic ... the name is rather ironically suitable tho.

Suhiira;n10905471 said:

Can you post a piece of evidence so I can make you famous (serious)? A medical note is enough for me, my friend. It's not necessary to include personal info.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10909031 said:
Can you post a piece of evidence so I can make you famous (serious)? A medical note is enough for me, my friend.

I don't think Su wants to appear on Reddit, Lis.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10909031 said:
Can you post a piece of evidence so I can make you famous (serious)? A medical note is enough for me, my friend. It's not necessary to include personal info.
I don't "do" Reddit, Twitter, or any of the other "social media" stuff. I REALLY don't care what someone had for breakfast nor do I think what I had is of any interest to anyone else. As to the cancer, shit happens, I'm not gonna worry about it more then necessary. I get yelled at all the time because I frequently don't bother to check my e-mail more then once a week. The people that I think I need to hear from immediately have my phone number, everyone else can with till I get back to them.

I hit these (and a couple other) boards a few times a day because there are (sometimes) interesting topics to discuss.

Last edited:
Can someone here imagine waiting years of not decades for a game only to be over 60 with cancer only to find out that Cyberpunk 2077 is a disappointment? Or even worse, a souless FPS? Jesus Christ CDPR I'm gonna be angry not for me but for everyone here, specially Suhiira, and I'll also be heartbroken like someone who feel deeply in love with someone only to hind him/her in the bed with someone else..only to find out that someone else is your dad.

Suhiira;n10909101 said:
I don't "do" Reddit, Twitter, or any of the other "social media" stuff. I REALLY don't care what someone had for breakfast nor do I think what I had is of any interest to anyone else. As to the cancer, shit happens, I'm not gonna worry about it more then necessary. I get yelled at all the time because I frequently don't bother to check my e-mail more then once a week. The people that I think I need to hear from immediately have my phone number, everyone else can with till I get back to them.

I hit these (and a couple other) boards a few times a day because there are (sometimes) interesting topics to discuss.

I can respect your decision. I ain't gonna post it. I was thinking about the benefits of me posting about you over reddit, CDPR would probably notice it and perhaps stay in touch with you (imagine playing this game or the sequel to CP2077 before anyone else). PM me if you change your mind ;)

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n10909141 said:
Can someone here imagine waiting years of not decades for a game only to be over 60 with cancer only to find out that Cyberpunk 2077 is a disappointment? Or even worse, a souless FPS?
As I said a moment ago ... "shit happens".
Anyone that's been here any length of time knows my stance on most of the major issues concerning how CP2077 "should" be handled. Will CDPR do everything the way I think is should be, of course not, let's just hope the don't go a path I find inexcusable (souless FPS).

Nuther story ...
Some of you may be familiar with the tale of the "Rolling Stones" hit "You don't always get what you want". At the time I happened to live in the little town in Minnesota where Mick met Jimmy at our local drugstore (like every kid in town I knew Jimmy well, and we didn't make fun of his condition), hell I may well have been there when they spoke reading comic books at the rack or looking at toys/candy. But that song perfectly sums up my views on life. Hope for the best, settle for what you get, and don't bitch (too much) about it because you're not going to change anything and just annoy other people.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10909141 said:
I can respect your decision. I ain't gonna post it. I was thinking about the benefits of me posting about you over reddit, CDPR would probably notice it and perhaps stay in touch with you (imagine playing this game or the sequel to CP2077 before anyone else). PM me if you change your mind ;)
CDPR knows where to find me if they care to ... on their very own CP2077 forums.

Top Bottom