The lack of 3rd person view

+
i like the desicion to keep everything in 1rst person, its really immersive
i also like the 3rd person stuff like the mirror scenes and the intro montage with jackie

It's obviously done by design, due to immersion. I hated it when it first came out it would be in first person and def would not buy it but over the years I figured, ah what the hell. Now, it would 100% ruin the game. Even more than playing it on console would (sorry guys couldn't resist).

Do you know that "joke" about the three lobsters being cooked in a pan, wanting to escape?
I wonder why would it hurt people to have 3rd person view? Why is the idea being bashed? The game doesn't have it as of now - why feeling so hurt just by the though of it? You are safe. : )

Somehow, I am yet to read a reasonable though on this opposition.

I just want to thank the the ones before for posting the facts, videos, "archived" comments and the evidence of how parts of the game were just cut.

What this game mainly lacks is the third person view ->>> even for the super-mega immersive first person experience, the shadows of the character are just... have you seen them?

I have played only on a friends PC. I wanted to buy this game but there is just way too much to be fixed - and added.

They could start with the third person view - right after dealing with the glitch and bug festival. Then I would pay full price.

So very, very much potential wasted...

I would have loved to at least have 3rd person in some major conversations and cut scenes.

Right now the only way to see my V is in the mirror while my resolution is 1/4 of my actual resulotion in order to maintain stable fps, by driving my car in 3rd person and in some unique scenes and photomode. Sadly.

First person is not my 1st choice. But I think for this game I wouldn't have it any other way. A lot of cool moments that I have personally experienced I think would be diminished in 3rd person, maybe not even same effect at all - and it was their artistic decision and I like the end result.

I think they could deff improve the player shadow and when you switch to 3rd person on a motorcycle the assets for 3rd person on your character load in too slow RN.

I wonder why would it hurt people to have 3rd person view? Why is the idea being bashed? The game doesn't have it as of now - why feeling so hurt just by the though of it? You are safe. : )
Some are probably tired of us lamenting and feel the irresistible need to react. Others just enjoy kicking a fallen man in the face while he's still lying on the ground.

...even for the super-mega immersive first person experience...
Some think it's obvious 1st person is more immersive, while an immersive experience differs from one person to another.
I've read a well verbalized post in another topic from probably another forum. He/she wrote that some are immersed being the protagonist, while others feel more immersed being the director that steers the protagonist.
Post automatically merged:

3rd person view mod VIP

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
The decision from CDPR to do a 1st person only,
is because the have to do all the different animations for movement with all the weapons and clothing just for the 3rd person view.
And when the multiplayer comes in the future, some ppl play 1st and other 3rd, that is an unfair situation.
I hope they will be in 1st and that´s it, i had never brought this game when it was a 3rd person game, that for sure.
It's the reverse. When they finish the MP game. They can complete 3rd person mode. Becauase all the animations will be done in MP. Weather they port and complete in CP. Probably no. Just like how Pokemon doesn't back port and put the missing Pokemon. As they lure you into buying remakes and sequels for the missing ones. Just to get you to waste more money. Fans would probably extract all the MP animations and do the 3rd person mod that way.

I honestly wish they would have forced players with first person when driving as well (if they had fixed the camera on all vehicles). I also wish they had removed most (if not all) fast travel computers in the game.

I honestly wish they would have forced players with first person when driving as well (if they had fixed the camera on all vehicles). I also wish they had removed most (if not all) fast travel computers in the game.
I would never use a car out of missions period, if that was forced. Every car game. Racing or story. I never used that piece of garbage view. Because everyone does same thing. Make the view bounce around. With every little thing you do. When your car shift gears in real life. Does your whole head shake, and wiggle, no. It's Like you're bolted to the seat. Make the interior act like a real car. If you want me to use that angle.

I am curious, do the lot of you go to everyt
I would never use a car out of missions period, if that was forced. Every car game. Racing or story. I never used that piece of garbage view. Because everyone does same thing. Make the view bounce around. With every little thing you do. When your car shift gears in real life. Does your whole head shake, and wiggle, no. It's Like you're bolted to the seat. Make the interior act like a real car. If you want me to use that angle.
Do you also drive up on the curb and sidewalks at 100 mph cause your vehicle to make you bobble around? If you stay on the road there is very little bobble. I do agree, that a forced 1pp view for vehicles would have been bad with the way some of the vehicles are. Some drive fine in 1pp as you are sitting in your seat properly

I'm good with 1st or 3rd person (3rd is better for me if i'm in cover but w/e)... my only thought on this topic is that i know a few ppl, spouse included, that JUST CAN'T PLAY 1st person without getting motion sickness despite all the most well-meaning, helpful tips and 'how-to' vids.'.
Devs., I understand your reasoning for 1st person -- selling the game to ppl who just can't play in 1st person... seems kinda reasonable too. ;)

I'm good with 1st or 3rd person (3rd is better for me if i'm in cover but w/e)... my only thought on this topic is that i know a few ppl, spouse included, that JUST CAN'T PLAY 1st person without getting motion sickness despite all the most well-meaning, helpful tips and 'how-to' vids.'.
Devs., I understand your reasoning for 1st person -- selling the game to ppl who just can't play in 1st person... seems kinda reasonable too. ;)
You can turn the head bobble off I believe

Thank you. Yeah, we tried this and everything else we could learn about. I don't totally understand the cause but it's something about unpredictable camera swings when getting near walls?? *shrugs* idk
Oh, that's the leaning, allowing you to peek around corners. It's part of the gameplay and cannot be turned off as far as I know

I would drive in 1st person, if it was possible lol Driving in 3rd person is many millions of miles better in this game

The game is buggy and unfinished, true. but saying they cut it out is not true. They already stated in the 2018 48-minutes gameplay that the game will be first person for better immersion. This has nothing to do with cutting content to make it in time

ESO added first person upon players' request. You telling me CDPR couldn't do the same and launch with both 1st and 3rd person?

the only other game that allow you to look down at yourself is Destiny,

Which also has 3rd person when in the Tower or wielding a sword...and a few supers; I main Titan so I don't really know if all the supers of Warlock and Hunter pull you into 3rd person.

---

Have no fear; there's a NexusMod mod that does 3rd person...somewhat decently.

Nexusmod site: /cyberpunk2077/mods/669
((I assume hyperlinks aren't allowed here like on many official forums.))

EDIT: I think a lot of people think we want it to be ONLY 3rd person. I can't speak for the others, but I want an option to play the game the way I want to play it, which is in 3rd person.

First person was by NO MEANS more immersive. It actually broke my immersion more times than not. The romance scenes were HORRID in first person. Seriously, this was a time the game should have swapped to third person.

My V's bald head shadow in the sun was a WTF moment.

If you are going to do first person, then you better have the dialogue be perfect(it wasn't). Examples how you spoke to Jackie on the elevator and how you speak to Jackie's mother after the incident. Seeing my characters emotion on her face sells what you are saying to another character. It connects you to the character making it more immersive.

Stop taking the easy way out and do the work and make it right...just saying.

Top Bottom