The Minimap is awful and we need a visual aid in game.

+
The minimap is too small. If I take my eyes of it for a second, I immediately miss my turn. It's absolutely too small and it's awful.

Another thing to note is that an alternative to zooming it out would be to give us the same visual aid as older Racing Games where they have glowing seethrough arrows pointing the way. This way we could focus on the world and get a better idea on where we need to go with the ability to turn it off and on. Lore wise it could just be a Implant or update to our Eyes.

You, among dozens like myself, can't stand the minimap. It totally breaks immersion.
I feel like it'd be a simple fix, I just don't get why it's not done yet.

But a visual aid would still be optimal. I hate having to focus on the minimap instead of the world. Maybe might have issues with this game, but I don't think the world itself is one of them. It looks absolutely amazing on a PC with Ultra Settings. I wanna focus on it more. Having visual aids you can turn on and off in the settings or in your own implants / inventory would be incredible. At least in my opinion.

I'll repeat what I've said before: "You figure by the year 2077 we'd have a GPS system built in to our retinas". We get on screen biomedical feedback, notifications of funds transferring, threat detection, and holocalls yet our navigation options are archaic. The minimap, quest tracker, and subtitles are my biggest turn offs. The game is gorgeous and gets ruined because of a lack of foresight.

I feel like it'd be a simple fix, I just don't get why it's not done yet.

CDPR has other why more important problems as a minimap in game.
They are focus the bugs and then when its time maybe they will chance some thing from the community.
And now are holidays so they will do nothing until next year maybe mid january.
Bugs > Performance > maybe some things what the community want,
but i have no hoppe that CDPR will do something for the community
there are so much to do, the community screems for better keybinds but this is also a part we all missing like many other parts..

I'll repeat what I've said before: "You figure by the year 2077 we'd have a GPS system built in to our retinas". We get on screen biomedical feedback, notifications of funds transferring, threat detection, and holocalls yet our navigation options are archaic. The minimap, quest tracker, and subtitles are my biggest turn offs. The game is gorgeous and gets ruined because of a lack of foresight.

There are races in the game with AR route display. Why can't this be the default navigation aid?

Having driven a car (recently) with a HUD - why is this not a thing 50 years from now!!!
(and even optional in the optics - think working version of google glass)

my suggestion is a minimap that becomes bigger when you drive and a flashing animation of the same when a turn is near so I can quick look at the map and see which way I have to turn. Otherwise lets have an OSD arrow that pops when you need to turn. I am not a fan of the always-on path that appears during races. It's needed when you race but I don't want to be distracted when I drive casually around the city

Fortunately they have better things to address that put big arrows in front of you, and they finally do it I hope it will be optional.

The minimap works fine for me, I rarely miss a turn, mibe one of hundred times, at most. And I haven't good reflexes at all, in fact I will said they are bad.
Sounds more like a user problem, many people never adjust their screen resolution and screen/eyes distance to a fair distance to see the whole screen. The common practice is the big and the close the better. The minimap thing is the lesser of your problem as this practices eventually derived in optical problems

Fortunately they have better things to address that put big arrows in front of you, and they finally do it I hope it will be optional.

The minimap works fine for me, I rarely miss a turn, mibe one of hundred times, at most. And I haven't good reflexes at all, in fact I will said they are bad.
Sounds more like a user problem, many people never adjust their screen resolution and screen/eyes distance to a fair distance to see the whole screen. The common practice is the big and the close the better. The minimap thing is the lesser of your problem as this practices eventually derived in optical problems
you made a point as many pc players play the game near the screen and screen these days are quite bit so you need to move the eye in order to check on all area.

Having said that I still thing the minimap radius needs to scale up when driving, right now is a good size for walking speed but not when your moving in speed of that of a car o a bike at 200mph. Why then any other game that has driving cars, GTA for example, have the exact same feature (minimap scaling up when driving), why do you think they did it?

Top Bottom