The Most Annoying Bronzes (Opinion)

+
Hellsmoke77;n10761311 said:
That monster combo used to be popular, I got it from a very good player named Gravekpr. It's actually not hard to mulligan but you do need Royal Decree or Woodland Spirit in your starting hand. When the combo works most people pass because of the massive tempo. You should try it because it shocks most people, they sit and think for a sec and then pass usually.

My ST deck isn't like Brouver, it has Swordmasters, Handbuff units, elven archers for Shirru and Iris for surprise tempo which usually wins me round one. It's a deck I have been optimizing for two seasons and is very successful so far. Deck building is 50% of the fun for me and being original catches people off guard. Nova is usually boosted to 28 or so and I always push for final say.

Maybe Henselt players underestimate me but I rarely get them passing first round. Keep in mind I like long rounds too so maybe they know that and work around that.

To your points..

1. I agree, monster spy is useless. This is one reason I stopped playing monsters.
2. Again I agree, ADC isn't worth running with a spy in monsters. Just my opinion.
3. I disagree, I have several ways to make a thin deck. You can't thin the beloved deathwish netdeck but again, being original can win you games as people have no idea what to expect. I could go in on this more but it's a lot to type and there are stupid things that cripple monsters like the mulligan crap that makes playing Crones impossible. I wont play monsters until weather cards have the same draw priority as other cards. Many people say there are no set draw priorities but smart monster players should know better. But anyways monsters can thin quite well I assure you.
4. Again we agree, rares are for the most part awful and some are 100% must include so we can even compete.
5. And yet again we agree, ridiculous that we have no deathwish leader, Dagon is trash even Woodland Spirit is much better and Hillock is unreliable so not using it at all. Wont risk the game for RNG. The other two leaders are cool and find their place in certain archetypes even if some of those archetypes aren't viable at all like the Mild Hunt. Most golds are bad or very situational though.

You sound like me before I stopped playing monsters and moved to ST. I understand your frustration, I really do. I haven't played in a month and if some of these issues aren't fixed I doubt I'll come back. My second faction ST is about to get YET ANOTHER list of nerfs because people simply don't like it and I have no interest in the other 3 factions.

The reason I defend the elf swap is because that's the last archetype ST has left. I agree Brouver needs a spy nerf, I somewhat agree on scout needing a change if replaced with another option to drop two bodies for swap to stay viable and the same goes for half elf hunter, lower it a point but leave the bodies. Even with those nerfs plus wardancer being nerfed the archetype could be dead. There is a thin line for that archetype and if it gets a dwarf style nerf it's dead and I for one will just uninstall the game.

Seems interesting enough to at least win a few games. For the time being I am just avoiding monsters until greatswords don't dominate the meta and make weather irrelevant.

Maybe better off with Eithne scorch stacking deck? This deck was really popular a while back and not sure why people stopped playing it. Seems like the direction you are going. Props for trying to build your own thing though.

I played monsters a few hundred games last season before totally giving up on them and moving on to Henslet until they fix this game. I hate playing Henslet though... and I hate Skellige (the most braindead overpowered faction by a mile).

Personally dont think half elf hunter deserves a nerf... changing scout to "copy of a bronze elf IN your deck" would fix the butthurt of the card ripping random weather clears and massive plays out of nowhere.

Dwarfs decks are viable in SC, even spellatel. Swarm is used now just because brouver-yevin-barclay-cleaver combo is so busted.
:rage:

liezldiezldee;n10761371 said:
Seems interesting enough to at least win a few games. For the time being I am just avoiding monsters until greatswords don't dominate the meta and make weather irrelevant.

Maybe better off with Eithne scorch stacking deck? This deck was really popular a while back and not sure why people stopped playing it. Seems like the direction you are going. Props for trying to build your own thing though.

I played monsters a few hundred games last season before totally giving up on them and moving on to Henslet until they fix this game. I hate playing Henslet though... and I hate Skellige (the most braindead overpowered faction by a mile).

Personally dont think half elf hunter deserves a nerf... changing scout to "copy of a bronze elf IN your deck" would fix the butthurt of the card ripping random weather clears and massive plays out of nowhere.

I don't run Eithe because Francesca gives me the ability to react to the match. If I see monsters I use her to pull Outlaw so I have mandrake for Sabbath. If I see a swarm deck I use her to get my swordmasters to reduce the units on the board. If I see Brouver the elven archers are good for removing scouts and killing Iris as well as lining up scorch. I just feel safer with Francesca personally. I'm trying to get a deck together with Eithne but haven't found a mix that feels flexible enough to adapt to all situations. Basically I use Francesca to pull what im missing most to win round 1. Round 2 is bleeding them to 1 card if possible and if I'm expecting a big finisher I'm buffing Ciri round 2.

This is what I've been running.

Francesca

Outlaw
Ciri Nova
Shirru
Iorveth

Yeavinn
Iris -tempo (Brouver decks can't stop it) can be replaced with Roach if seeing lots of mandrake/Coral, it's a nice surprise for most people tho lol
Mandrake
Aelirenn - tempo
Ida - removal/clear
Breann - removal

Elven Scout x2
Swordmaster x2
Wardancer x2
Vrihedd Vanguard x2 ( always keep one for Francesca)
Dol Blathanna archer x2 ( kills Iris or lines up scorch as well as removes scouts and mercs in elf swap decks, also kills rot cows or Succ)
Half Elf Hunter x2
Hawker Support x2 (buffs swords, Breann, wardancer or Nova depending on the situation)

Last two are flex spots, I go with..

Vrihedd Dragoon x2
or
Vrihedd Brigade x2

You could also use two officers for more tempo or to swap bricked wardancers. Still messing with what feels best but ended up using Brigade, like moving greatswords and clearing weather at will.

Maybe you can get a good idea or two from it :)

Last edited:
liezldiezldee;n10761371 said:

Overpowered maybe.

Braindead? Not any more than any other faction. They are all easy to play.

Pruny;n10761461 said:
Dwarfs decks are viable in SC, even spellatel. Swarm is used now just because brouver-yevin-barclay-cleaver combo is so busted.
:rage:

spellatel? with sentry?

what list do you run? it is a fun deck i play in casual sometimes but it just seems like a worse version of octivist handbuff or spotter handbuff with the damage it can produce

dwarves would probably be the next most viable deck if elf swap was nerfed. people probably overreacted to the nerfs it received and it isnt that far from being viable.

liezldiezldee;n10762471 said:
spellatel? with sentry?

what list do you run? .

i play swordmasters to destroy henselt. but i have seen some good spellatel players with tons of beer and without farseers.

liezldiezldee;n10762471 said:
spellatel? with sentry?

what list do you run? it is a fun deck i play in casual sometimes but it just seems like a worse version of octivist handbuff or spotter handbuff with the damage it can produce

dwarves would probably be the next most viable deck if elf swap was nerfed. people probably overreacted to the nerfs it received and it isnt that far from being viable.

I tried dwarves after the patch, forget it. What made dwarves so strong was Ithlinne and Iorveth Meditation because you could push the first round and could win 100% with the huge point swing those two cards provided. Your strengthened skirmisher res combo was enough for round 3. Now you can hardly keep tempo.

Double commanders horn was a big part of that deck too, hardly worth it now. That's why they nerfed it.

You could try the drunken dwarves, I play them in casual sometimes but they wont get far in ranked. You'll get stuck around rank 18 or 19 tops if you make it that far.

I would add in a point that it is rez and restore made skellige cards so annoying, From the beginning of open beta, it has been proven that once a card is good or overtuned skellige player would simply abuse it for at least 7 times, featuring never-ending savage bear, frost axeman, PTR veteran, discard war longship, GS light longship, etc etc. This made decks, apart from spell'tael and vicovaro, unable to control opponent strategy and thus put into disadvantage. Matching against skellige is like suddenly disabling the control part of your deck unless it's Vandegridft's sword, mandrake or mandrome.

Top Bottom