The Origins of the Crones

+
The Origins of the Crones

I found a very interesting book, in the chamber that you talk with Yennefer in, when you first travel to Vizima. Although I'm sure a number of your already know about it, here's a summary, for those who don't:

A woman/creature called "The Mother" (Also She-Who-Knows" and "the Lady of the Wood".) came to Velen from a far-off land. She was very lonely, so she created three daughters out of dirt and water. Later, she went mad, and began destroying the land. Her three daughters decided that they had to save the land, so the killer her, and buried her body under that great tree (The Whispering Hillock.). But, her soul remained, which led to her becoming that evil spirit that you have the choice to kill or free.

Fascinating. I can't get enough of this game. Every time I play it, I learn something new.

what is the origin of the creature "mother/ she-who-knows" ?

I think the Crones (Or She Who Knows.) mentions that She Who Knows is some sort of druid, or something. Or, am I mistaken? I might be mistaking this with another character.

I am not sure it is explicitly stated anywhere, like the OP said from a far-off land. Maybe she arrived when the conjunction of the spheres happend? I dunno just speculation.

Sweet line of thinking! That makes a ton of sense.

Just replay the bit where the crones capture Ciri and they refer to her blood as the "blood of the traitor", an obvious reference to Lara Dorren, which the elves consider a traitor, together with their alliance with the wild hunt, perhaps this indicate a common origin?

Just replay the bit where the crones capture Ciri and they refer to her blood as the "blood of the traitor", an obvious reference to Lara Dorren, which the elves consider a traitor, together with their alliance with the wild hunt, perhaps this indicate a common origin?

Hm...that's a darn good point. Perhaps they came from the world of the Aen Elle. That explains how the land that they came from (That is so far away.) doesn't have a strong, foreign accent.

Top Bottom