Votes: 2 0.6%

Votes: 1 0.3%

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Throwing my guess out there.

If they show public gameplay at Gamescom, Q2 or Q3 2019 is my guess. If they do not, Q4 2019 at the earliest and more likely early to mid 2020.

If we're looking at a 2020 release, I'm disappointed in CDPR. Why even bother revealing your game so far ahead of its internal release (they have an internal release date, trust me, every game dev does - whether or not they share that with the public is another story) date? Do you really need a 2+ year marketing campaign to get people on board?

I seriously doubt it. Bethesda did just fine with Fallout 4 (game quality is another story). Granted, that was an established IP, but how long is the "new IP tax"?

If we're looking at a 2020 release, I'm disappointed in CDPR. Why even bother revealing your game so far ahead of its internal release (they have an internal release date, trust me, every game dev does - whether or not they share that with the public is another story) date? Do you really need a 2+ year marketing campaign to get people on board?

At least 2 reasons:

1. Building even more hype. Considering how much hype they built with just 1 trailer back in 2013, by 2019-2020 it's gonna be crazy. Considering how much money they plan to pour into this project in total, it has to sell like hot cakes.

2. Shareholders. They are a public listed company so they kinda have to reassure shareholders/investors that the game is actually being developed and important milestones are being hit.

I think the period between having an announced release date and the actual release is going to be fairly short. There are a number of indicators like a funding application and rumors about investor communications telling about stockpiling funding for marketing & giving an estimate of spring 2019, so I think there is reason to believe that is a target they are shooting for, but it could also just be rumors. That said, if they haven't committed to a date they have the freedom of holding off until they are happy with the project.

These different points makes me feel like they want to get it out by spring 2019 but also think that is an aggressive goal and don't want to disappoint the audience.

Many of us have been waiting on this for years, so I don't think hype would really die if it gets stretched out by an extra year or two, I think it is more likely that over the course of 2 years the fan's desire will fuel speculation which will grow expectations past what is deliverable.

At least 2 reasons:

1. Building even more hype. Considering how much hype they built with just 1 trailer back in 2013, by 2019-2020 it's gonna be crazy. Considering how much money they plan to pour into this project in total, it has to sell like hot cakes.

2. Shareholders. They are a public listed company so they kinda have to reassure shareholders/investors that the game is actually being developed and important milestones are being hit.

I don't buy #1. You don't need years and years to get the word out. Look what's happening with Bannerlord. Revealed way too early, and people are actually forgetting about it, and that's WITH constant demos at major conventions, and weekly developer blogs.

#2 makes sense, I guess, but I don't think shareholders are reason enough for an early reveal. Other companies have shareholders, too, and they reveal their games (some of which have even longer development cycles) closer to release.

I don't buy #1. You don't need years and years to get the word out. Look what's happening with Bannerlord. Revealed way too early, and people are actually forgetting about it, and that's WITH constant demos at major conventions, and weekly developer blogs.

#2 makes sense, I guess, but I don't think shareholders are reason enough for an early reveal. Other companies have shareholders, too, and they reveal their games (some of which have even longer development cycles) closer to release.

Yeah. But other companies don't release 1 trailer and then go full silent mode on it for 5 years too often.

Yeah. But other companies don't release 1 trailer and then go full silent mode on it for 5 years too often.

trailer 1 wasn't for the game it was to announce their intention to develop the game, they didn't start full production till after the last of the W3 dlc shipped.

how do i know this? the devs told us so. because they have been transparent about what big things are going on, and that they wouldn't release details before the game was ready to have details about it released.

that they are talking now suggests that they think they are in the final year of the development, that they give no hard date to us indicates that they are well versed enough to know that could be anything from 9 to 15 months because software dev is not a precise process.

they don't want years of hype or to try to rush marketing the game in 6 months before release. again, all from their own statements.

From Twitter
"Remember how chill this account used to be when we only tweeted like once every five years? "

And I think this sums it up. Why would you start a PR campaign if you aren't at least sure enough that you are far in deeloping the game? 2019 seems to be the clear goal here right now.

From Twitter
"Remember how chill this account used to be when we only tweeted like once every five years? "

And I think this sums it up. Why would you start a PR campaign if you aren't at least sure enough that you are far in deeloping the game? 2019 seems to be the clear goal here right now.
i think they only posted that so we don't think they will do the same thing they did after the first trailer

Alright, I'm new to the forums, but it honestly aggitates me that they would show the demo to journalists, and such, but here's my honest and personal opinion. I am beyond hyped for this game. Ever since the first trailer was released. I've been reading Polish interviews, and watching every video I can find on it. I understand the need for polish, and I understand it's just literally not a finished game. People are worried about optimizing/downgrading graphics. I'm not. I guarantee a lot of people arent worried about that and just want gameplay. Not even 50 minutes, just like 10 or 15 minutes. Give us an idea of what we're getting ready for. It's unfair that I don't work at ign, or gamespot, or have a youtube channel reviewing games. After waiting since the reveal trailer for almost 5 years. We got another trailer, no gameplay. But there was a private screening..... for a game coming out in about a year or so, so why not make the demo public? It's obviously the most anticipated game of the year, and the next year. Yes that raises concerns for taking their time, but they have been for 5 years.. I love everything CD Projekt Red. Hands down favorite developer of all time. I'm just jealous and want to vent to other gamers who actually care lol. Am I the only one that feels this way? Don't tear into me guys lol. And if a developer sees this, and responds. Know that I'm honored to even get a reply from you. I'm just itching for more. Nothing is scratching said itch, besides work, bills, and my fiance. Video games are my escape from the stress. Needing something fresh and new like like Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
There's already a thread on this.

The short answer is, it's not ready for public consumption yet. The developers can talk to the gaming press and explain the how they plan to deal with the various bugs and WIP assets in a way that they can ensure that the media will understand. The masses on the other hand will simply mock a game that still very early in development for being broken.

The longer answer is, game development is an iterative process. you build each piece in a rough fashion and then as multiple pieces start to work together you can then refine them as one. This takes time.

Also, nothing in the game is free. Every texture, every model, every animation, sound, lighting effect, etc requires people to design it, build it and then test it to ensure it doesn't break any of the other hundreds of thousands of entities in the game.

And to build even just one small asset, like a pair of shoes for example, to 2018 standards is a lot of work. There's the hi-poly mesh, the low poly mesh, levels-of-detail meshes, textures, normal and environment maps, rigging, IK physics, and sound effects. Now repeat that process for everything else you see.

Then there's all the other work you don't see like the renderer, the physics and AI simulations, sound engineering, the scripting (the plot, the dialog and the world (flick switch A to turn on light B)), and so on.

Six years in probably the minimum development time for a game now days. It's coming, just be patient.

Last edited:
There's already a thread on this.

The short answer is, it's not ready for public consumption yet. The developers can talk to the gaming press and explain the how they plan to deal with the various bugs and WIP assets in a way that they can ensure that the media will understand. The masses on the other hand will simply mock a game that still very early in development for being broken.

The longer answer is, game development is an iterative process. you build each piece in a rough fashion and then as multiple pieces start to work together you can then refine them as one. This takes time.

Also, nothing in the game is free. Every texture, every model, every animation, sound, lighting effect, etc requires people to design it, build it and then test it to ensure it doesn't break any of the other hundreds of thousands of entities in the game.

And to build even just one small asset, like a pair of shoes for example, to 2018 standards is a lot of work. There's the hi-poly mesh, the low poly mesh, levels-of-detail meshes, textures, normal and environment maps, rigging, IK physics, and sound effects. Now repeat that process for everything else you see.

Then there's all the other work you don't see like the renderer, the physics and AI simulations, sound engineering, the scripting (the plot, the dialog and the world (flick switch A to turn on light B)), and so on.l

Six years in probably the minimum development time for a game now days. It's coming, just be patient.

Thank you for the reply. I know this game is is going to be expensive to make and already has been, they will take their time and it pains me to say this, but it doesn't at the same time, I'm okay with that. The thing that bugs me is, they show it to people with a pen and paper, and can explain in every sinlge last detail but it's not gameplay. They showed it off to press, but not die hard fans? I understandand rendering, and optimizing for consoles, but us die hard fans won't mind "downgrades" graphics wise. Im sure a lot of their fans like the gameplay mechanics, and story. If anybodys got a problem with the graphics on consoles, go play on pc. But thats what I'm itching for, good, roleplaying awesomeness. I really hope they release at least half, or even a quarter of the demo they showed to the press at e3 at Gamescom. The hype for this game in general, not the graphics, but the concept, is even bigger than god of war. Give us something to watch and observe for the next year. Obviously they're far enough along in development to not change core gameplay mechanics, so its not like they'd change a lot. At least talk to us about how for along in development they are and progress they've made, or AT LEAST how long they've been working on this game alone. Give us something to go on if they won't show it you know?

Thank you for the reply. I know this game is is going to be expensive to make and already has been, they will take their time and it pains me to say this, but it doesn't at the same time, I'm okay with that. The thing that bugs me is, they show it to people with a pen and paper, and can explain in every sinlge last detail but it's not gameplay. They showed it off to press, but not die hard fans? I understandand rendering, and optimizing for consoles, but us die hard fans won't mind "downgrades" graphics wise. Im sure a lot of their fans like the gameplay mechanics, and story. If anybodys got a problem with the graphics on consoles, go play on pc. But thats what I'm itching for, good, roleplaying awesomeness. I really hope they release at least half, or even a quarter of the demo they showed to the press at e3 at Gamescom. The hype for this game in general, not the graphics, but the concept, is even bigger than god of war. Give us something to watch and observe for the next year. Obviously they're far enough along in development to not change core gameplay mechanics, so its not like they'd change a lot. At least talk to us about how for along in development they are and progress they've made, or AT LEAST how long they've been working on this game alone. Give us something to go on if they won't show it you know?

The game it's not ready for the public yet. Guys how it's possible that you can't understand the reason of CD Project (and it's not the only) to don't show anithing of the demo? The version is a pre-alpha, they used super hight-end pc to show the demo obiviosly beacuse it's not optimized and polished. Why they have to show us? Did you listen about the ridicouls discussion about the animation of TLOU 2 with that idiot message sent by the guy of Eidos Montreal? Did you see what happened? Some guys of course tried to agree and report this absurd theory about the fake animations in TLOU 2? Instead of applause to Naughty Dog team for be always the best in game -quality, we create lies to denigrate the work of others. And previous, the absurd theory about the downgrade of God of War...I listen soo many people says this 2 weeks before the realese of the game: "It's impossible this graphics on PS4, it will be downgraded". Fortunately, GOW is soo excellent in every aspect that the only things that are downgraded are the brains of these geniouses. Guys seriosly, the community on internet is immature and that's why they don't want show anithing at moment: too prevent to be victim with a gameplay that can be showed too early and the changed in various grapfical aspects, during the developing of the game. Watch Rockstar for example; their game it will be realise in the next mounths but they didn't show any real-time gameplay yet.

It's the opposite. 77% that will not show.
It will be at Gamescom (Iwinski confirmed that, so whatever the Twitter account says is frankly irrelevant) the question is, will it be public or private? Or both?

I've heard that they will have a physical booth there, so at the very least we may get some fresh interviews based on the new stuff they decide to show (to the press, or to the public). But I don't remember where I read that, so take that specific bit with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom