Votes: 2 0.6%

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've already seen a gameplay demo and they said it's "playable from start to finish", which probably only refers to the main storyline but I'd say Q2/3 2019 isn't too unrealistic...
I don't want the game released, I like having something to look forward to.
Try getting into Star Citizen, maybe. You're gonna be in suspense until 2025 at least :p

Its looking like CDPR are going to reveal the release date soon. According to the Q3 Financial Results they are preparing for future release. The fact that the game is playable from start to finish indicates an alpha build. Also the deal with WB and Bandai Namco strongly suggests a 2019 release as the Witcher 3 was due to be released the year after they were announced

I think a release date reveal at the Game Awards in December looks almost certain now

The link to the financial results is below

Its looking like CDPR are going to reveal the release date soon. According to the Q3 Financial Results they are preparing for future release. The fact that the game is playable from start to finish indicates an alpha build. Also the deal with WB and Bandai Namco strongly suggests a 2019 release as the Witcher 3 was due to be released the year after they were announced

I think a release date reveal at the Game Awards in December looks almost certain now

The link to the financial results is below

I think the same.. and the Accord with Polish gobernment has a deadline on June 2019. I think we could see CP2077 before the expected.. cross fingers

Cyberpunk 2077 vs RDR2: We're keeping to the estimation of a debut in Q4 of 2019, with sales of 19 million copies in Q4 alone, and income of 1.9 billion PLN (about 525 million USD). During a conference call, the Board has confirmed that quality remains the absolute highest priority for CD Projekt, and Cyberpunk 2077 will be no less elaborate and polished than RDR2. For comparison, the sales of RDR2 (gross) was 725 million USD within the first three days after it shipped, 15 million copies within the first eight days, and 17 million copies within the first twelve days (data from Take Two). The game was released only on PS4 and Xbox One consoles. With that in mind, our forecasts for CP2077 seem very reserved - remember the game will be simultaneously both on the consoles [PS4 and XBO] and PC. We also believe that the world of Cyberpunk / sci-fi should be more popular among gamers than the Wild West.

Other news:

• Gwent: it's too early to tell, with the marketing campaign still on-going. Gwent is seen as a strategic experiment in the F2P multiplayer market, highly possibly before other F2P games from CDP(R). The sales are below expectations, with forecasts for downloads being lowered from 1 million to 0.5 million per year. It's not alarming, though.
  • Gwent Thronebreaker: the sales are below expectations. The main marketing campaign is over, the upcoming sales will primarily come from promotional sales (nothing is planned at the moment). New campaigns may be worked on and released, but it's tied to the overall sales of Thronebreaker. The forecasts are lowered to 200k copies in Q4 2018 (from 500k), and to 200k per year starting in 2019 (from 1 million per year).
  • The stock value of CDP dropped by 33% lately, but it's correlated with a general drop of 20% within the whole sector and should not be alarming by itself.
  • The success of RDR2 indicates that there's still a big market for large single-player AAA games, and the very success of RDR2 [and God of War, with its accolades - my addition] forecasts a huge success for CP2077.
  • The recommendation of stockwatch.pl regarding CDP(R) stock is being changed from 'Neutral' to 'Purchase', indicating an elevation in trust for market stock of the company (good news for CDP(R) and their fans) - the stock value should rise ~38% rather soon.

sauce: https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/a6yc3z/_/ebyyc6z https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/a6yc3z/_/ebyztkf
Kinda what i was expecting but i was hoping for nexgen consoles to be out before this game comes out dont want to play this game on a crappy old console.

stolen from gaf

I would take this with a very large grain of salt. It's just an educated guess by a polish financial firm. Also, just for complete accuracy, I believe financial Q4 2019 is technically Q1 2020 (January-March) to us lay-folk.

I would take this with a very large grain of salt. It's just an educated guess by a polish financial firm. Also, just for complete accuracy, I believe financial Q4 2019 is technically Q1 2020 (January-March) to us lay-folk.

its one of those financial fiscal year thingys that i keep hearing about but have no idea whats going on. ok thanks. so still a possibility that it launches same time as the new consoles. good news.

Are you guys sure about that? I just took a look at their Fiscal year 2017 financial reports, and they're on a January - December reporting period (i.e., fiscal year = calendar year). Of course that might have changed.

As to the bigger picture of release date, I'm sticking with first quarter 2020 unless / until proven wrong (which I probably will be). The year 2020 is just too poetic for them not to take advantage of it.

Are you guys sure about that? I just took a look at their Fiscal year 2017 financial reports, and they're on a January - December reporting period (i.e., fiscal year = calendar year). Of course that might have changed.
It's not about CDPR specifically, but the jargon of the Polish analyst being quoted. Several of the news outlets mention the caviat: i.e. https://www.dualshockers.com/cyberpunk-2077-release-date-rumor/ - "For the record, financial dates are slightly skewed — so Q4 of the 2019 year would be from January to March of 2020. (if this analyst is to be believed)."

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12/17/polish-analysts-expect-a-q4-2019-release-for-cyberpunk-2077/
"A Polish investor report on Stockwatch has estimated the release date for CD Projekt Red’s Cyberpunk 2077 for the fourth quarter of 2019. So, sometime between January 1st and March 31st, 2020. "

IIRC, lots of fiscal year jargon assumes year end in March for historical reasons that started in the United Kingdom, and still are the basis for schedules around much of the world.

Last edited:
It's not about CDPR specifically, but the jargon of the Polish analyst being quoted. Several of the news outlets mention the caviat: i.e. https://www.dualshockers.com/cyberpunk-2077-release-date-rumor/ - "For the record, financial dates are slightly skewed — so Q4 of the 2019 year would be from January to March of 2020. (if this analyst is to be believed)."

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12/17/polish-analysts-expect-a-q4-2019-release-for-cyberpunk-2077/
"A Polish investor report on Stockwatch has estimated the release date for CD Projekt Red’s Cyberpunk 2077 for the fourth quarter of 2019. So, sometime between January 1st and March 31st, 2020. "

IIRC, lots of fiscal year jargon assumes year end in March for historical reasons that started in the United Kingdom, and still are the basis for schedules around much of the world.
I realize that I'm a complete nerd, but that's interesting. I'm going to have to read up on the historical context over the break.

I'm still betting on a 2019 release until I get told otherwise. One educated guess is as good as anothers.

Although I voted 2020, I honestly don't care when the game is released. This isn't due to my lack of excitement, but actually due to my immeasurable faith in CD Projekt Red to make the greatest video games of all time. As long as the game is as good as they say it is, the game should be released whenever they want.

Logic wise i would have said its an early 2019 title because of the amount of footage they showed from the game. if its late 2019 are they gonna be at e3 again? cause honestly i dont wat to see anything more from that game.

The "Q4 2019" in the analyst prediction is ambiguous, it could still mean something like the actual release in November, but earnings reported in January-March, since that is the first full quarter year then after release. In other words, it can be correct as both calendar Q4 and financial Q4, if I understand it right.

Logic wise i would have said its an early 2019 title because of the amount of footage they showed from the game. if its late 2019 are they gonna be at e3 again? cause honestly i dont wat to see anything more from that game.

It is only speculation of course, but maybe they originally wanted a release in Q2 2019 (there is even a "Samurai" poster in the demo in V's apartment about an upcoming event on May 31, that could have been a subtle hint without officially committing to a date), and it was pushed back since then. In any case, a second E3 appearance would not be unusual, the same also happened with The Witcher 3, it would have been at E3 in both 2013 and 2014 even without the delays.

few weeks ago they clearly said the game is still in early development, it won't be ready in 6 months.

still valid?
RPG.png

the game looked ready in tht 48min demo. i guess i have no clue how game dev works. all the "pieces" of it was fully functional.
Vertical slice looks like a finished game too. Doesn't mean the game is ready.

Another example of a "finished" game:

It took two more years to release it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom