The romance options for straight Female and Male V is disappointing [Mild spoilers]

+
Holly mother of God! You coomers are weird.

"as a male V you should work harder to turn Judy straight"

"Judy hot me want bang bang"

LOL

Enough already, with the whole player sexual characters. People falling for you just because you're the main character is the weirdest shit ever.
I hope CDPR doesn't change the sexualities on already existing romances and they stay as they are (maybe add more to their stories but that's it, no straight/gay shock therapy)

In regards to people saying there is a base for romances being for both genders because there are flirt options. Well those are there to give you more options as to how you want your V to interact with the world (to give you options). Just because V or the player want's something that doesn't mean that that person/character wants the same. YOU have the option to make a move, but like in real life you can get rejected because they are not gay or straight. Preferences are a thing.

I will give you one thing though, CDPR should add at least one more romance per gender/sexual orientation to the game.

But on the totem pole of things that need fixing in this game I don't think romances should be number one.

To close this of,

Panam best girl :D

Keep in mind that Joytoys have their memory wiped after each session......
Not in all circumstances.
The Johnny AI job was organized by a Joytoy who kept her memories of the client, though I guess it's possible they were wiped after making the BD.
The ones on JigJig street retain their memories, we can find this in an overheard conversation if we hang around the area. The poorer Joytoys simply can't afford the same level of tech luxury.

All that said, you're correct. I guess I was trying to point out that the more options we're given the more narrow-minded we seem to become if an option we wanted isn't included. Us humans love to play the victims :/

Representation of sexualities is important in games, and important to character depth. Making them all bisexual for the purpose of V to fuck is actually a shallow move. You want these characters to feel realistic and alive? Write them with a personality. This includes unique sexualities.

You don't have to make all the romance characters bi. You just need to have many romance options. Which CDPR said they would do. They did not deliver.

Funny you mention this, I just explained this to a mod in another thread.

Another example of promising one thing and delivering another. Yes, I'll probably get chastised again for using the word promise, but it is what it is. You'll find dozens of CP2077 gaming articles that use the same language in their titles, why do you think that is?

Funny you mention this, I just explained this to a mod in another thread.

Another example of promising one thing and delivering another. Yes, I'll probably get chastised again for using the word promise, but it is what it is. You'll find dozens of CP2077 gaming articles that use the same language in their titles, why do you think that is?
Username checks out. Love it lmao.

I ThInk that judy should just romance both gender what people if already pick male V we cant go.back now
Post automatically merged:

It will take to long play

Making the characters playersexual would just be the smart thing, as even when you can't romance them you still have their final quests many of which are kind of romantic anyway. With River the entire conversation with Joss makes little sense if V isn't a possible romantic partner, and let's not talk about Judy's final quest, which still has the MC waking up naked, and looking around as if Judy was supposed to be there. The quests are DESIGNED to be romance quests, so not having it there makes them feel off. It was as if the game planned for every character to be a romance option, then walked it back for PC points or something.

Making the characters playersexual would just be the smart thing, as even when you can't romance them you still have their final quests many of which are kind of romantic anyway. With River the entire conversation with Joss makes little sense if V isn't a possible romantic partner, and let's not talk about Judy's final quest, which still has the MC waking up naked, and looking around as if Judy was supposed to be there. The quests are DESIGNED to be romance quests, so not having it there makes them feel off. It was as if the game planned for every character to be a romance option, then walked it back for PC points or something.
Wouldn't surprise me if they originally had different ideas about who was romanceable by whom, although I did always get the sense that Judy was a lesbian, although that may have just been what was mentioned in PR - I haven't played her romance. What's plain to see is that content has been cut from the game. I, and some other people, got the sense that Takemura was originally a romance option too, because it feels like a lot was cut from his storyline. He would have been great as a bisexual or straight character.

As it turns out, you were right on the money.

There's even a fanfiction of Johnny and Kerry in the game that you can find on a shard during the 'Psychofan' gig. lol

All that being said, this really makes me wonder how gay players, or those playing a gay male V, would feel knowing that Kerry is only into them because of Johnny being part of them, not for V himself. Like, that just feels really cheap and dirty, and not in a good way. Makes me really glad I avoided going for Kerry, frankly. As a one-night stand Kerry would have been fine, but as a gay male v's only romance option, where Kerry wasn't even really into V for V? Geez...

Last edited:
Not to mention Cyberpunk as a genre is all about how sexual boundaries have changed. With actual bodies changing and sexuality being more fluid than ever in this new world. Just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Mods have already shut one thread down for asking to change the sexualities of characters, don't get this one shut down. Leave the characters as they're written.

I wasn't saying we should change them, nor do I think they should be changed, because they shouldn't. One of my biggest annoyances with two games I played in the past was how they changed the already established sexuality of the character after the fact because of pressure from the fans.

I was just saying that there's a possibility some of them were originally different from how they are now, because of potential cut content. It was a simple observation, but if it's going to stir up problems that's the last I'll say on it.

All that being said, this really makes me wonder how gay players, or those playing a gay male V, would feel knowing that Kerry is only into them because of Johnny being part of them, not for V himself. Like, that just feels really cheap and dirty, and not in a good way. Makes me really glad I avoided going for Kerry, frankly. As a one-night stand Kerry would have been fine, but as a gay male v's only romance option, where Kerry wasn't even really into V for V? Geez...
Honestly? That would not bother me at all. :shrug:

Dont get me wrong its nothing game breaking or anything but just.....disappointing ,im kind off baffled that they do all this marketing for judy and having fans fall in love with her just to have them cockblocked because she only prefers females ,the only option for straight male V is panam palmer dont get me wrong she is my favorite female character in the game ,but if Judy was an option i would have looked forward to it if i replayed as male V again ,same thing with the witcher 3 where you had triss and yenn and other rpgs with romance like Mass Effect and Persona looking forward to romances really helped while replaying these games.
As for Straight Female V i also feel that kerry could have also been a great romance option for her and takemura aswell but sadly none of them are.

I played male V and hooked up with Panam. Honestly the ending was extremely disappointing. You spend all those missions breaking down her walls and getting close only for her to seemingly treat you worse and not acknowledge that you're together once the endgame starts. No affection after the sex scene whatsoever. No kiss or anything before you go off to potentially die?! The end with her 'romance' just feels so disconnected and empty. I felt like she loathed me MORE afterwards than before. Really disappointed. It's like CDPR just didn't feel like incorporating her romance into the endgame at all and just left it be as is.

Wow, people compaining because people want more romance options with the characters that exist, and whose final missions a clear romantic setups even when V isn't the correct gender. These characters are NOT REAL. No one is hurt by making them player sexual, especially when there is a total lack of other options in the game for romance AND I have a sinking suspicion that part of the reason that there is no way to change gender and character customization after character creation is because of these options being so limited in the first place.

Hey don't limit the problem to the straight options. They are all bad. Vomitously so.

I would have preferred they left them out altogether and got better faction handling or decent vendors. With all the censorship and dumbed down options, what's the point? I hate and even resent the Johnny sex scene.

Top Bottom