Do you enjoy seasonal mode?

• Yes, most seasonal modes were fun.

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Kinda, some seasonal modes were fun.

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • No, most seasonal modes weren't fun.

Votes: 19 37.3%

• Total voters
Ban the stupid card Damien de la Tour from all modes.
This is one of the two most toxic seasonal modes ever.

Last edited:
I don't know if this was the post you were thinking of, but I never really understood why CDPR got rid of silver cards. They provided a valuable extra means of restricting various targeting mechanics. So many of the current broken or OP combo issues currently plaguing Gwent could potentially have been controlled by it. Incidentally, it is worth noting that originally silver cards could be of any rarity, not just Epic.

As for the seasonal modes, I found some of the earlier ones very enjoyable. They rewarded your ability to come up with new ideas to make best use of the rule variations. Unfortunately, there are a lot more borderline OP cards than there were back then, many of which are just such a seasonal rule variation away from being totally broken and ruining the fun of playing seasonal games. Ban lists for specific cards would certainly help as a last resort. We also have more team websites now who often broadcast such broken or OP combos within days of each new season starting, so seasonal meta decks quickly proliferate.

On top of this we have the by now stale topic of CDPR's failures at balancing this game (for whatever reasons). If they can't achieve good balance within the more controlled environment of Classic mode, what chance is there of having reasonable balance in these seasonal modes - many of which seem to have been dreamt up at the last minute and not subjected to even 5 minutes of thought or testing as to potentially serious issues?

I have found little to enjoy in the last few seasonal modes and coupled with the seeming rise in required seasonal games to complete some of the seasonal reward trees, the whole thing has started to feel too much like an unwelcome grind. I hope this isn't just a way of encouraging people to buy the seasonal reward packs instead of earning them...

I really hope that CDPR put a lot more thought into it when they review the seasonal modes for next year (as they alluded to in their recent roadmap overview stream). An extra mode that is both a fun and refreshing diversion from Classic mode is very much needed (Arena also needs a lot more love!)

I also miss Silver cards, it doesn't make sense to me on account a big part of Witcher lore is how Silver affects the Monsters, and also it's kind of a big deal to Dopplers.

I am a former console player, who already had a smaller account I'm messing with for now just to 'enjoy' the seasonal. Sure, I probably screwed myself messing with it since Gwent seems to install itself onto the 2nd account I created for my transfer. I didn't know this would happen, especially after asking around to be sure it was safe to use the account that wasn't related to the transfer. *sigh* such a complicated ordeal, and I'm still waiting for an email to tell me it likely failed but I suppose I shall see what the new year brings. Anyway, I am straying from the point.

This season is EXTREMELY frustrating.

1) NG Damien/NR Engines or go home. Period.

2) Too many players are forfeiting before I even have a chance to bust my snowman, am I missing something??

3) Even when I manage to get my snowman, the drop rates are.........less than satisfactory. This wouldn't bother me so much if it weren't for all the early forfeits which even though I'm 'winning' simply don't count for a damn thing, you miss out on every single thing a 'win' produces for you.

I want the cardback, and it's a pity that even if my transfer is eventually successful I won't get to have it unless I pay cash. Even if I get it on my alternate account, it will be missing from my PS4 account that has pretty much everything, don't get me started on card backs and transmuted cards (also having every card in the game prior to the last expansion...), Beta rewards that have gone to the vault, and just not being able to participate in the Holiday season events.

TBH I enjoyed he resilience of Mahakam season. I also did love the season of the Elves. The bear annoyed me, and I may be one of the few players who was frustrated with Draconid (though it was funny as hell, and I got the card back which is a real beauty.).

I have some ideas for certain seasonal functions like Season of magic: Every card played spawns and plays a random spell card in conjunction with it's color. Season ofDraconid: All Draconid cards gain immunity and resilience(lol...). Season of Love: Every turn, on turn end, 'charm' a random card from your opponent's side of the board (Orders automatically play against the players' wishes, boosting the opponent cards or damaging their own.) OR it can just seize a random card from the opponent at the end of every turn.

Perhaps none of these are viable or fun ideas, but special events in Beta were really cool. I had one of the best Halloween's ever getting my Higher Vampire title, it actually felt like something special and it was a time when I was hooked. Played all day, losing ALL the time, and loving every second of it.

Forgive my ramblings about other topics......but yes, this seasonal event is bothering me on several counts which are pretty much covered in my post.

I remember having great enjoyment from solving the puzzles in Thronebreaker, and think something along those lines would be a great replacement than the current PvP-with-some-new-rule-seasonal-system we have now. Something that's single player, interesting, clever. As most players I switch to seasonal when I'm tired of normal gameplay, and actually look for something different and refreshing, def not same thing with a twist.

Season of the griffin is fun, if you play a monster deck. Keep boosting cards and you win easy, no geralt will stop your cards.

Seasonal is ok I guess but I really hate how many reward trees forces you to play it for a very long time. It's not for me I don't find it that fun yet I have to play a mode I dislike in order to progress. So annoying.

Top Bottom