The second disc for cyberpunk 2077 keeps failing to install please help xbox one x

+
do you both have the same series of xbox? because from my research its been an xbox one s issue, everyone else seems to be playing already.

anyhow im going back to the store now for the third time to just get an xbox card and if the digital copy doesnt install im throwing the whole xbox out :'(

I use the XboxOne X, and my brother uses the standard Xbox One. So the difference could be in there, but still... very weird

well im officially out of options. the store is telling me thy can only exchange the game for another of the same, which does me no good seeing as the discs arent working. so now im out $65 and have no way to install the game

well im officially out of options. the store is telling me thy can only exchange the game for another of the same, which does me no good seeing as the discs arent working. so now im out $65 and have no way to install the game
Yeah I just called them and got the same thing. Guess I'll be returning it and getting a different game of the same cost, extremely disappointing..

do you both have the same series of xbox? because from my research its been an xbox one s issue, everyone else seems to be playing already.

anyhow im going back to the store now for the third time to just get an xbox card and if the digital copy doesnt install im throwing the whole xbox out :'(
Post automatically merged:

i think the problem with this game is they maybe couldnt fit it all on one disc? i really am not sure but it wont even let me preload before finishing installation. rather frustrating

I am playing on the Xbox Series X so it might be related to all the issues with the previous generations. That's so crazy. Sorry yall are struggling to get this running and wasting money on the game. Hopefully these companies work something out about returns if more people keep complaining about this issue.

Hi I had the issue on the series X, i pressed the button with the three lines on the center of the controller and chose try installing again with disc 2 in the drive and it resumed the install, hope this helps.

Same issue for me on the Xbox One X. Following along hoping for a solution.
Wouldn't get my hopes up, I've already seen people get a brand new disc and same thing happens, told I can't get a refund need to exchange for same game or another of same value, which may be the way I go.

To elaborate a bit
I went to
>My games and apps
>games
>went to cyberpunk
>pressed menu button
>chose try installing again
And then it resumed
My console isn't set to english so the names might vary a bit.

To elaborate a bit
I went to
>My games and apps
>games
>went to cyberpunk
>pressed menu button
>chose try installing again
And then it resumed
My console isn't set to english so the names might vary a bit.
I've done that countless time, uninstalled what was already installed and tried again, hard reset, reset internet, power cycle, leave for 30 minutes, come back and try again, nothing, it's like the second disc is blank, I've given up at this point, I can return it and get another game of same value, guess that's the path I choose for this shit.

This is also happening to me. Disk one installs fine, disk 2 nothing. Gamestop will not issue a refund, only exchange. Microsoft support says that they are getting alot of reports of this issue. Everyone needs to file a support ticket and flood CDPR to fix this. I spent 3 hours on with support and on my 9th attempt in downloading. My console acts like there is nothing on disk 2. And its not my disk drive. I inserted game that I had previously uninstalled and it immediately began to install. I even thought that the update was corrupting the disk download so I put my console offline and tried to download... no dice.

This is also happening to me. Disk one installs fine, disk 2 nothing. Gamestop will not issue a refund, only exchange. Microsoft support says that they are getting alot of reports of this issue. Everyone needs to file a support ticket and flood CDPR to fix this. I spent 3 hours on with support and on my 9th attempt in downloading. My console acts like there is nothing on disk 2. And its not my disk drive. I inserted game that I had previously uninstalled and it immediately began to install. I even thought that the update was corrupting the disk download so I put my console offline and tried to download... no dice.
Yeah I'm done with it at this point, guess it's Watchdogs for me..

I've heard disk 2 isn't even necessary to play also. Anyone that has it downloaded care to confirm? If that is the case then I'm not sure why it's even asking us to insert disk 2 though

Yeah I'm done with it at this point, guess it's Watchdogs for me..
Microsoft and Gamestop both say to give them a couple days and see if they release a patch. I know its frustrating but they will more than likely patch this as it will hurt their pockets. My friend had quick success on installing on PS4. since i have a PS4 pro, I may exchange for a PlayStation version

I've heard disk 2 isn't even necessary to play also. Anyone that has it downloaded care to confirm? If that is the case then I'm not sure why it's even asking us to insert disk 2 though
Because the game size exceeds the disk size. You need both disks to download a physical copy. You dont need both to play, only download. It's excatly like Red Dead Redemption 2, they had a 2 disk download.

Microsoft and Gamestop both say to give them a couple days and see if they release a patch. I know its frustrating but they will more than likely patch this as it will hurt their pockets. My friend had quick success on installing on PS4. since i have a PS4 pro, I may exchange for a PlayStation version

How? It seems like a physical issue with the disc itself, I don't see how a patch would fix it.

I would think that it has to be a patch that Microsoft releases. Clearly there is something preventing that 2nd disk from downloading. A patch would need to be applied in order to enable the download. Unless they are going to issue everyone a digital download code. To me, that would be the easiest fix

I use the XboxOne X, and my brother uses the standard Xbox One. So the difference could be in there, but still... very weird
I don't know if it will work for everyone but i had the disk 2 in the drive on my xbox and put another update queued in front of the cyber punk install(insert disk 2 request). When it auto finished the first game it finally started to update from the 2nd disk.

I have the Xbox scorpio edition and kept getting no response when it asked for disk 2 and put it in and nothing happening.

The second disc for cyberpunk 2077 keeps failing to install please help xbox one x

I have the same issue. I tried reinstalling the game, hard resetting and factory reset of my xbox and nothing works. The xbox tries to read the second disc but it just doesn't do anything. My roommate also bought an xbox one copy to play on his Series X and I tried the second disc from his copy and the same thing happens.

I've been having the same issue. It says disc 2 is dirty etc. Won't read it at all, I have been trying for hours. I gave up and left the disc just sitting in there and after about 20mins it randomly installed some more then stopped again, I'm just going to leave it in there powered on and see if it starts up again.

I have the same issue. I tried reinstalling the game, hard resetting and factory reset of my xbox and nothing works. The xbox tries to read the second disc but it just doesn't do anything. My roommate also bought an xbox one copy to play on his Series X and I tried the second disc from his copy and the same thing happens.
Yeah looks like there's a bunch of us. And of course CDPR is being quiet about everything with all the other shit shows happening so no idea if there even can be a fix. I'm done, going to return to EB games and get something else, just not sure yet probably Watchdogs, such a disappointment. Didn't even get to judge it for myself.

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart

Just done this and its downloading again

Top Bottom