The second disc for cyberpunk 2077 keeps failing to install please help xbox one x

+
This does not work for me. Still will not download disk 2
Damn this one sounded promising too
Post automatically merged:

Well everyone it's almost time for me to head home and make the exchange on the way. Thanks to everyone who had suggestions, glad they worked for you but unfortunately nothing seems to be working for me, will be getting a different game with the money I already spent, and probably not coming back to this shitheap of a company.

Last edited:
Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart

Just done this and its downloading again
Didn't work for me. It did change it from "insert disc 2" to "disc is dirty" or something like that. Hopefully they get this fixed soon. Ridiculous

Hi everyone, I didn't have this problem with Cyberpunk however there have been other games that failed to fully install on my xbox console from the disc. If you use the xbox mobile app you can download games you do not own digitally to your xbox then attempt to use the disc for the license. Hopefully this helps!

Hi everyone,

First time posting on here, apologies if already answered. I had the same problem today when installing both disks.

Here's what I did:
1. When it asks to install disc 2, put the disc in and go to "my games and apps". Select the options on the cyberpunk 2077 game icon and choose "try installing again". From this point the game should continue installing.

2. Once disc 2 has completed it will ask for disk 1 again. From this point install disk 1 and do the same thing again by selecting "try installing again". You'd think it might restart the whole install but it hasn't on mine.
It should complete the download and then ask you to download the network update.

IIve just completed this and started the game.

I hope this works for anyone experiencing this issue. Happy to help

Hi everyone,

First time posting on here, apologies if already answered. I had the same problem today when installing both disks.

Here's what I did:
1. When it asks to install disc 2, put the disc in and go to "my games and apps". Select the options on the cyberpunk 2077 game icon and choose "try installing again". From this point the game should continue installing.

2. Once disc 2 has completed it will ask for disk 1 again. From this point install disk 1 and do the same thing again by selecting "try installing again". You'd think it might restart the whole install but it hasn't on mine.
It should complete the download and then ask you to download the network update.

IIve just completed this and started the game.

I hope this works for anyone experiencing this issue. Happy to help
Nope, done that numerous times too

Hi everyone, I didn't have this problem with Cyberpunk however there have been other games that failed to fully install on my xbox console from the disc. If you use the xbox mobile app you can download games you do not own digitally to your xbox then attempt to use the disc for the license. Hopefully this helps!
This worked!!! I canceled the download, took out the disc, and retried from the app. When it was done I popped the disc in and it fired up. Thank you so much!!

Last edited:
I had the same issue with disk two. I reset my console/ install numerous times and tried a lot of the methods on here with still no luck.

My Xbox One was connected via network cable, I have just taken this out and my Xbox has automatically connected to my WIFI.

Low and behold, my installation resumed and has now completed!

Hoping this might help/ work for you all.

I had the same issue with disk two. I reset my console/ install numerous times and tried a lot of the methods on here with still no luck.

My Xbox One was connected via network cable, I have just taken this out and my Xbox has automatically connected to my WIFI.

Didn't work for me unfortunately

After doing a factory reset, reconnecting to the xbox mobile app to my xbox one x and fully deleting the game I was able to get it to download from the store on the xbox app.

I have the same problem. There is no obvious problems with the disc. However, if you look at the back of both discs under light, disc one has an oily slick look to it. Most xbox games have this. Disc 2 does not and looks more like a dvd. I think that has something to do with the problem.

If anybody sees this please speak up, it may help in determining a problem or a solution. I have had games like this before only to return the disc and get the same kind of disc.

Im on xbox one s

Yes i actually checked all my xbox one games including Cyberpunk and they all have the oily feature on them BESIDES Disc 2! This is definitely a written error with the disc itself. To by-pass it download the full game from the xbox app and then just insert the working disc 1 into the drive and your off to Night City

Ive spent about a full day trying everything known to man kind. This solution with the xbox app worked for me and i wish i knew about this before. Make sure nothing is in your guys queue, uninstall any cyberpunk data you might still have on your hard drive and download the game right from the app. Once its completed you just put in the disc 1 and your off the cyberpunk 2077 heaven :)

I'm having the exact same "disc 2" problem!!! I've even gone back to GameStop and had them exchange the game because the employees there and myself have all been convinced it was a blank or defective disc.....NOPE!!! Now I've wasted two evenings after work coming home after back to back 12hr days to HOPEFULLY SIT AND ENJOY THIS GAME ONLY TO HAVE IT WASTE MY TIME AND MAKE MULTIPLE TRIPS FOR NO REASON!!!
Also I've tried everything everyone is suggesting with it changing NOTHING!!! CDPR....GET IT TOGETHER AND FIX THIS!!! HAVING PAID IN FULL A YEAR AGO TO HAVE THIS!!!....YOU'D HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF MAKING PEOPLE WAIT LONGER FOR A WORKING PRODUCT!!!

I'm having the exact same "disc 2" problem!!! I've even gone back to GameStop and had them exchange the game because the employees there and myself have all been convinced it was a blank or defective disc.....NOPE!!! Now I've wasted two evenings after work coming home after back to back 12hr days to HOPEFULLY SIT AND ENJOY THIS GAME ONLY TO HAVE IT WASTE MY TIME AND MAKE MULTIPLE TRIPS FOR NO REASON!!!
Also I've tried everything everyone is suggesting with it changing NOTHING!!! CDPR....GET IT TOGETHER AND FIX THIS!!! HAVING PAID IN FULL A YEAR AGO TO HAVE THIS!!!....YOU'D HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF MAKING PEOPLE WAIT LONGER FOR A WORKING PRODUCT!!!
Was in your same boat bro do it through the xbox app its the only way it will work. I returned my copy at gamestop as well for a replacement and the same thing happened. Only after downloading the game from the xbox app to my console did this work. Its free to do so! After its finished installing just put in your Disc 1 and your playing son! Just did this a little while ago and have been playing flawlessly since.

I got a copy on the 10th, put it in my series x. Install went ok till it asked for disk 2. Totaly unrecognised this disk. Drove back to store, got a replacement. This time it worked. Next day i asked my son if he wanted a copy for his base xbox one downstairs so we wouldnt have to share. ( My tax came in so i thought id get him an early xmas present), so sure enough i get another copy, bring it home, an hour later he comes upstairs and says " dad disk 2 isnt being recognised". I give him my copys second disk. And it works. Surfice to say the base xbox one does not play the game properly anyway so i returned that copy. All staff at (one of the biggest game sellers in Australia) look at me weird when i describe the disk 2 issue with them. And how its happend twice with two diff copys on two diff xbox consoles. Im calling shennanigans.

Was in your same boat bro do it through the xbox app its the only way it will work. I returned my copy at gamestop as well for a replacement and the same thing happened. Only after downloading the game from the xbox app to my console did this work. Its free to do so! After its finished installing just put in your Disc 1 and your playing son! Just did this a little while ago and have been playing flawlessly since.
Good lookin out brah! I'm a try it out an see what's up!!

OK so this works, but now I don't get the 43GB patch

I downloaded it from the xbox app and when I put in the discs it's asking to download the game again even though its already on my console and not one bit of help from the Devs no way will I buy a game made by these again such a let down too was looking forward to this game but hey back to vallhala

OK so this works, but now I don't get the 43GB patch

Yeah I was playing last night for 4 hours flawlessly on the xbox one x. It automatically will download and apply the patch once u put in Disc 1 and the game is fully installed. Youll see a pop up that theres an update.
Post automatically merged:

I downloaded it from the xbox app and when I put in the discs it's asking to download the game again even though its already on my console and not one bit of help from the Devs no way will I buy a game made by these again such a let down too was looking forward to this game but hey back to vallhala
Erase all cyberpunk files on all your hard drives and then go into the xbox app and download the game again. This 100 percent works! I had to have my xbox on while i was on the app to work properly. Try it again no need to wait

Hi all. I am on Xbox One X, I have the game on disk. I didn't have any installation problems, but I'm surprised to see that the game only has 59.34GB (Version 1.0.0.6) version 1.02 in the game menu. Is it the same for you? I thought the game was bigger than that, right? (sorry for my english, im french and google translate is not my friend^^)

I had the exact same thing.. been trying to install this game for 5 hours now..first time this ever happend in 15 years

Top Bottom