The second disc for cyberpunk 2077 keeps failing to install please help xbox one x

+
Hi all. I am on Xbox One X, I have the game on disk. I didn't have any installation problems, but I'm surprised to see that the game only has 59.34GB (Version 1.0.0.6) version 1.02 in the game menu. Is it the same for you? I thought the game was bigger than that, right? (sorry for my english, im french and google translate is not my friend^^)

Update 1.04 is available on Xbox (version 1.0.4.0). Hopefully there is a definite improvement on Xbox One X...

I'm having the same problem i even returned the game and got a new copy. disc 2 still didn't work this made me question if it was the disc or my xbox but then i saw other people are having the same problem. Should i just buy it digitally or is there a fix!?

I'm having the same problem i even returned the game and got a new copy. disc 2 still didn't work this made me question if it was the disc or my xbox but then i saw other people are having the same problem. Should i just buy it digitally or is there a fix!?

so far no fix or responce from cd project about this issue i liked the goodies you get with a solid copy.but i think i go and get the digital game

so far no fix or responce from cd project about this issue i liked the goodies you get with a solid copy.but i think i go and get the digital game
Hopefully cdpr responds because it looks like a lot of gamers are having this problem and some probably wont even know because they will try to download the game on Christmas. It would be weird for cdpr to not respond to such a big issue. We should bring it to their attention on twitter or something

If nothing helps, despite there being enough free space on your harddrive (I've recently read on the GOG support website, that they recommend that unpacking everything on PC requires about the same amount of additional free space on your harddrive as is needed for the game... - maybe it's somehow comparable on Xbox...), you can always reach out to CDPR support: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/xbox/sp-technical/issue/1763/my-game-crashes-8
(there's no exact topic for this kind of issue, so this will have to do...) - click on Contact Us to send a ticket.

If nothing helps, despite there being enough free space on your harddrive (I've recently read on the GOG support website, that they recommend that unpacking everything on PC requires about the same amount of additional free space on your harddrive as is needed for the game... - maybe it's somehow comparable on Xbox...), you can always reach out to CDPR support: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/xbox/sp-technical/issue/1763/my-game-crashes-8
(there's no exact topic for this kind of issue, so this will have to do...) - click on Contact Us to send a ticket.
so are we talking about 200gb or less that needs to be free on your xbox..

so are we talking about 200gb or less that needs to be free on your xbox..

Yeah, perhaps something between 160 and 200GB or so. But as mentioned before, I don't know for sure if that's the case on consoles too. It could explain the issues... or not.

Hopefully cdpr responds because it looks like a lot of gamers are having this problem and some probably wont even know because they will try to download the game on Christmas. It would be weird for cdpr to not respond to such a big issue. We should bring it to their attention on twitter or something
my thoughts exacly i dont understand that there is no response what so ever from cdproject.. there is another threat on the microsoft website about this issue the community is try to figuer out how to fix it.. some things work for people but most things dont thats so frustrating. if i get rid of my solid copy en monday morning there is some sort of update to fix the problem i will be mad 😑
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, perhaps something between 160 and 200GB or so. But as mentioned before, I don't know for sure if that's the case on consoles too. It could explain the issues... or not.
yea thanx for mention it tho.. it could be an issue i had like 140gb free ik delete a game or 2 see if it helps

my thoughts exacly i dont understand that there is no response what so ever from cdproject.. there is another threat on the microsoft website about this issue the community is try to figuer out how to fix it.. some things work for people but most things dont thats so frustrating. if i get rid of my solid copy en monday morning there is some sort of update to fix the problem i will be mad 😑

yea thanx for mention it tho.. it could be an issue i had like 140gb free ik delete a game or 2 see if it helps
Small update..i had 380gb free dit everything over but still the same..

Last edited:
I think that you must insert disc 2 first... on the ps4/5 you also must insert disc 2 first, its printed on the ps discs :data disc insert data disc (2) first and play disc (1) second.

I think that you must insert disc 2 first... on the ps4/5 you also must insert disc 2 first, its printed on the ps discs :data disc insert data disc (2) first and play disc (1) second.

I thought you insert disc 1 first then disc 2 then disc 1 again doesn't matter anyway disc 2 dosent work

The second disc for cyberpunk 2077 keeps failing to install please help Xbox one x

Update: I returned the game and bought it digitally. Really wanted the stuff that came with a hard copy but owell.

SOLVED (I think)
I ran into this exact same problem and I hit the menu button (The one with three parallel lines) and selected "Try Install again" and it worked.

The second disc for cyberpunk 2077 keeps failing to install please help Xbox one x

Update: I returned the game and bought it digitally. Really wanted the stuff that came with a hard copy but owell.
I installed mine no problem, YOU GOTTA INSTALL DISC 2 FIRST AS THATS THE DATA DISC THEN INSTALL DISC 1 AS THATS THE PLAY DISC.

Hope this helps, my friends.

Yeah looks like there's a bunch of us. And of course CDPR is being quiet about everything with all the other shit shows happening so no idea if there even can be a fix. I'm done, going to return to EB games and get something else, just not sure yet probably Watchdogs, such a disappointment. Didn't even get to judge it for myself.
I literally made an account on here just to reply if I see that anyone Is having a similar experience. I’m on the one x returned a copy already on my second brand new copy this is day 2, and I am facing the same crap verbatim. I’m honestly about to just make the exchange for a digital download. Shit is heart breaking I can’t remember the last time I’ve ever see a developer fuck up this hard. Reminds me *almost* of the GTA online launch. 60 dollars idc you’re gonna feel that. SMH should I just wait for a possible disc 2 patch or just hit the download?

I literally made an account on here just to reply if I see that anyone Is having a similar experience. I’m on the one x returned a copy already on my second brand new copy this is day 2, and I am facing the same crap verbatim. I’m honestly about to just make the exchange for a digital download. Shit is heart breaking I can’t remember the last time I’ve ever see a developer fuck up this hard. Reminds me *almost* of the GTA online launch. 60 dollars idc you’re gonna feel that. SMH should I just wait for a possible disc 2 patch or just hit the download?

I dont know if you guys found a solution yet, but this fixed mine! Just do the Alternate Mac Address and it was able to read my Disc 2!!

I installed mine no problem, YOU GOTTA INSTALL DISC 2 FIRST AS THATS THE DATA DISC THEN INSTALL DISC 1 AS THATS THE PLAY DISC.

Hope this helps, my friends.

Try this!! Just do the Alternate Mac address, fixed mine not reading Disc 2

Hey!! I got the same situation with disc 2, I found a solution by downloading the game digital by the xbox app on my console, then I thought the disc 2 is the one that runs the game, but it didin't, so I put disc 1 on my console and solve it! I was finally able to play cyberpunk, hope this helps!

Top Bottom