The structure of the main quest is awful and it's not suited for an RPG

+

Guest 4406876

So here they say that branchin quests, choices that shapes how the world reacts to you...there's nothing of that. Absolutetly nothing.
Technically there are choices, and they shape the world (you can have 1 quest with A or B). So it's exactly as advertised.
Before you jump at my neck wait: yes I was sarcastic to underline some BS that has been said around here.
Oh btw that was subject to change...so yea.
You though you were buying CP77, instead you got Pacman but you knew it wasn't final right? (pacman and CP are both bright ass yellow)

Off the top off my head and these are just some of the largest ones:

Bloody baron:
wife lives he goes away to treat her
wife dies he goes nuts
kids live/die
Yeah I wanted something like this. Shame the choices you make didnt affect outcomes for characters like Jackie, T Bug and Everlyn.

Guest 4406876

Only branching quest is the first one. Rest is just linear. This is just sad.
Well it's not completely true...it's just it doesn't matter what you pick, heck not even paths really matter.
For replayability I guess they intended that you can play "FEW" missions from 2 different points of view, or have a 3 seconds difference down the line. Or kill this or not kill that.
And this because this game is heavily scripted as a movie, not a game. So it doesn't leave much room for player gameplay and choices effective in the short term or, HAHAAH, that actually impact a world that doesn't exist.
What i noticed it can really change was the ending, after the point of no return they did that, also because they fucked up so hard everywhere else, that they really had to get at least the endings right in functionality.

Well it's not completely true...it's just it doesn't matter what you pick, heck not even paths really matter.
For replayability I guess they intended that you can play "FEW" missions from 2 different points of view, or have a 3 seconds difference down the line. Or kill this or not kill that.
And this because this game is heavily scripted as a movie, not a game. So it doesn't leave much room for player gameplay and choices.
What i noticed it can really change was the ending, after the point of no return they did that, also because they fucked up so hard everywhere else, that htey really had to get at least the endings right in functionality.

Considering the base material, this is upsetting.

They made a great RPG game out of Witcher and it is based on a book.

They made a terrible action adventure game out of a PnP RPG game.

This makes no logical sense and I cannot find the words to describe my disappointment.

Quest design also needs to account for different builds and player agency, you can't force a dialogue check like this, what is this?

Top Bottom