The Swap update is now live!

+
What an "awesome" patch...

You, guys, have previously said that you won't release updates during the season. So was it a lie?

Some thoughts about updates:
  1. I personally hoped that create would be removed. But you just touched it partially... Nerfing one create cards and doing nothing with other is not the best approach.
  2. Making a few top factions weaker and not changing others make that others overpowered. I guess no explanation here is needed.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Its interesting how quickly the meta changes after a patch, even more when it's a moderate size patch like this one.

I've already faced some interesting decks today, but unfortunately, also a lot of exactly the same decks: greatswords.

Usually i dont build or adapt decks to counter a single deck, but i was getting pissed so i adapted my Cursed NR deck and now it's fit to give GS some trouble - banish one with Vandergrift's Blade, thunder and Seltkirk everything so no GS or longship gets past 11 pts, and a scorch in case something does go by...

I see many people who did not like it, but why they expected more!

The changes were very good, some maybe, but they were very good.
The problem is that you need adjustments to several other cards

For how much is this!

If Greatswords becomes the supreme deck for the meta, everyone will just tech to make sure their decks don't lose to GS and then GS will fade. It's easier to do that with just one strong meta. So, I wouldn't be too worried about GS dominating for too long.

goofything;n10955069 said:
I am unable to mill by premium Brouver. Is anyone else having this issue? The selection is grayed out and unselectable, as if I don't own it.
Anyone else having the same issue?
same issue with regular Brouver... cannot be milled despite having it

goofything;n10955069 said:
I am unable to mill by premium Brouver. Is anyone else having this issue? The selection is grayed out and unselectable, as if I don't own it.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Void_Singer;n10955672 said:
same issue with regular Brouver... cannot be milled despite having it

Delete all of your Brouver decks, then you can mill him.

this terrible environment continues for six months
it's a dead game
very disappointed with you, CDPR
RIP Gwent

I am personally not disappointed with this patch, for the simple reason that I didn't have high expectations.

Burza had already specified that this patch would be about carry-over and create only.

There are even good surprises, since it includes some changes about spy abuse. Brouver nerf was a predictable change, but it was not the case of Dun Banner, and I'm pretty happy about it.

Of course, I would have like a deeper patch and a more balanced version of the game, but we already knew it wouldn't happen.

It appears that CDPR wanted to deal with the most frustrating cards. During the last months, people have been more vocal about create, wardancers and spy abuse, than about Great Swords ; because frustating cards are more hated than OP ones.

Wardancer was a frustrating card, Great Sword is an OP one.

In different Gwent forums, there are tons of topics about Wardancers and Brouver, but not so much about GS.

This can partially explain CDPR priorities, even if I admit again that they should have balanced the whole game.

Moreover, as some have already noted, CDPR should have reworked Hym and Skjall in the same way than Brouver.

It doesn't make sense that the only untouched Tier 1 deck... is also the only one which is still able to really abuse the silver spy.

I fail to understand why CDPR didn't think of it...

About the other changes, as expected :

- wardancer has been killed,
- Brouver has been weakeaned (fortunately),
- elven scout is no longer a 2 bodies card.

I don't understand why some people are enthusiastic about the new swap ability of elven scouts. V officers were largely enough. What Swap archetype needs is more cards that can be swapped, not the reverse.

I am not sure that the ST Swap/swarm deck is still playable. I am happy to have switched to a ST Handbuff deck this season.

Swap is very playable, i got reckt by a francesca deck. my swordmasters were useless against a horde of units.

At least i got GM finally with Aguara, after 5months of warcurser nightmares.
:yes:

ST Swap/swarm is a very fast tempo deck, whereas ST Handbuff is usually a low tempo deck.
Naturally, odds were against you. It does not necessarily mean that this deck is still good. I guess we should wait next meta reports.
And GG for your GM rank.

The thing I really don't understand in that list is the nerf of Dun banner. It feels like every time a card is good and well designed they've a problem with it.
Also still no change about NG handbuff and consume starts getting ridiculous.

The rest is nice and interesting.

partci;n10954103 said:
Those 3 are absolutely atrocious, yes.
The funny part being back when Triss TK was released and I was saying that the card is super strong and everybody where laughing at me saying the card would not even been played in Arena...

rrc;n10954178 said:
Greatswords when they move to Graveyard should be set with their base power. This was an awesome suggestion. Simple to fix and fixing one of the most broken cards. (Yeah yeah, Muzzle and AC will ruin it, so everyone should have them in their deck?).

So that the card isn't played anymore and fall into oblivion. Not sure I would like this change.
I'm sure agree with the idea of bringing back the "regressing" tag but certainly not for Greatswords.

GenLiu;n10960265 said:
The thing I really don't understand in that list is the nerf of Dun banner. It feels like every time a card is good and well designed they've a problem with it.

The rest is nice and interesting.

The funny part being back when Triss TK was released and I was saying that the card is super strong and everybody where laughing at me saying the card would not even been played in Arena...

So that the card isn't played anymore and fall into oblivion. Not sure I would like this change.
I'm sure agree with the idea of bringing back the "regressing" tag but certainly not for Greatswords.

How about some middle ground? Like, Greatswords weakening by 3 when moved to the graveyard? certainly not going back to default strength, but also not being super strong either? Would that work, you think?

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
GenLiu;n10960265 said:

Dun banner is a well designed card indeed, but in that meta it only allowed to play Thaler for free (and even get +points in Foltest decks). If CDPR removes CA spies, Dun banner can be reverted back.
Btw, even before the nerf some Henselt decks had a third type of machine instead of Dun banner, and that is another indication that the card is not OP (and winch was the problem).

As for greatswords, right now it's a better version of Tuirseach Skirmisher. However, I would prefer a buff to the latter over a nerf to GS. GS, axemen and consume are the only few top tier engine decks we have atm, and killing any of those will finally turn the game into point vomiting everybody claims to hate but everybody plays.

Top Bottom