Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I remebmer, CDPR announced that TW3 will be the last part. Just hope they will bring it to perfection

a bit offtopic, last game of the trilogy of geralt of rivia, but they will make more in the witcher universe (which mean u can be anyone prob and not just a witcher) they said so

I doubt it, BioWare was praised for the Citidel DLC by pretty much everyone. I think both Triss AND Yen fans would appreciate a similar type of DLC.

I really enjoyed the Citadel DLC. And I know I would appreciate it, being a Triss fan and all. Pretty much everyone I talked to said it was good. I think it would be rather smart of CDPR to do something like this with its main focus being the characters you've met throughout. With extra special attention given to your love interest (extra, extra special attention to Triss though :p).

i sincerely wouldnt be surprised if cdpr already saw this thread and was already thinking on doing something, they never reveal their plans afterall

I would bet money that they have seen it. Are they planning on doing anything? That I cannot say. However, based on how popular this thread is, I would have to guess they will pursue some of these ideas.

Same here - I really want to play the game again because it is such a good one. At the same time, I think it might be better to wait until more Triss-related content is available to have a more refined experience overall. The problem is that we don't know when (if ever) this'll happen.
I'm also hoping that expansions/dlc will include more Triss content. The game was a damn masterpiece but I think I'll stay away if there isn't going to be more Triss stuff.

This is another thing filling me with a great deal of angst. I want to wait but I can't be sure we will ever get our wish. :( They can't let her go out like this.

I vote for: Dissatisfied from the lack of Triss content and want more!!
I want much more! Why almoust everyone in the game think Geralt with Yen, even if after Last Wish when Geralt say that he don't love anymore Yen. I dissapointed. Why there is so little time with Triss in game.
I want DLC with Triss like LI. MORE TRISS!!
P.S. Sorry for my english.

Welcome to the discussion @0nakita :) Thanks for the vote of support. I'm glad to see new people jumping on this thread. I know it is quite long, it can get heated at times, sometimes it wanders off topic but I would suggest to any newcomers to go back and read the entirety of the thread. There's a lot of good points and if you feel as passionately about this as I do it won't really seem that long. I came on here and read cover-to-cover in a couple of hours. Could never tire of Triss-talk. :p

if i'd do another playthrough i'd pick yen instead of triss because yen atleast has more dialogues to say triss even if u stay with her or with both, shes indifferent.
if triss had more stuff to do i'd surely pick her
(dont bite me)

I am definitely going to bite you. I would pick Yen too just for the full experience but I just cannot see myself not picking Triss. She's just perfect :wub:

Supporting TW3 until the end of 2016 and then 2017-2019 release of CP2077.. quite a lot time passing for a possible TW4 with Ciri or others

I don't think a fourth Witcher game is out of the question. If it sells big enough, gets enough attention, it would be prudent of them to do it. I can't say if they will but if they want another $100 million then they might.

I also want to say that this thread is so wonderful ^_^ it really is like a little therapy group. After I finished the game, I was actually pretty bummed for the rest of the night. Found myself still bummed the next day. I found this thread and after being able to see all of the love for Triss and having a proper outlet for my grief, I think it's had a positive impact. Keep it up people! :)

Keep in mind, I'm not saying I am now okay with the handling of Triss in the game, far from it in fact. Just that this thread is helpful in other ways too.

if i'd do another playthrough i'd pick yen instead of triss because yen atleast has more dialogues to say triss even if u stay with her or with both, shes indifferent.
if triss had more stuff to do i'd surely pick her
I for one can't play the game again - however much I'd like too. Seeing Triss get shafted for a second time is too emotionally taxing. Guess I'll go again once all the feelz have died down a bit or when they release new/more content. Can't really force myself to reject Triss, so no Yen play-through coming soon - even though I actually like Yen. I just like Triss so much more ^_^:heart:

I think they have noticed this thread. It's almost hard to imagine a world where they haven't. 25k views and over 600 posts in 60 pages. One of the more popular threads in the character discussion. I think it comes down to they can't say anything because we are asking for specific changes and they can't really divulge any specifics about expansions/changes until they're set in stone. A little reassurance would be nice though *sniff* Like "We are listening and we are considering some of these proposed changes."

I don't think they can acknowledge they made a boo-boo just yet. The earliest we can expect something, I think, is 1-2 months along the line, when most people have finished the game. Doing so earlier might ruin the experience for people who are still playing. So yea, don't expect anything just yet.

I actually think they've already done more than most other companies would do by 1. joining/acknowledging the discussion by joining the previous thread(page 12-13 or something) and 2. one of the Reds joining our Triss group.

[edit]
Here the quote that pretty much got this thread started :p:
I am looking, of course.

And I am also relaying information. If that will lead to anything...that remains to be seen. Obviously, the more people voice their opinion (in a constructive manner) about this, the more people here will listen.

Last edited:
Ugh, not at all looking forward to all of the anti-Triss sentiment built right into the game, next time through. :X I said this before - being let down on the Triss side of things is making me hesitate another playthrough. This was bizarre too - I have never before had such an urge to play such a long game immediately after finishing it. At the same time, I've been so hesitant to play such a good game immediately after finishing it.

There's a little bit of Triss content i missed first time round(crystal/alternate Dijkstra stuff) i want to experience first hand, as well as re-ordering the quests i do to see if it makes the limited content feel more natural as well as some major story stuff i want to go different routes down. I'm not looking forward to the awful Kaer Morhen through to the post of Isle of the mists segment, though think i'll take some enjoyment in pushing Yen's buttons this time and getting to go for a swim as my Geralt won't want to be so tactful after my annoyances based on Triss interactivity/reactivity from the first playthrough.

I love the witcher setting but a fourth witcher game would make me nervous. Their previous approach to importing would suggest high chance world implying Geralt ended up back with Yen if it involved some or all of existing cast. A pre-quel could be interesting, when witchers were more numerous, world wilder and elves less beaten down.

Last edited:
Hi! I join your group (thanks Eesti, a French rejoin you! ^^) to express my disappointment when the lack of development with Triss The Witcher 3. Something I do not understand at all since it is for players of old games, the main Geralt for romance ... I had high expectations about the relationship Triss / Geralt in this third part but after Novigrad: "is that all?". I could not even finish the main story because of a bug, but apparently I've seen all the scenes with Triss...

There are two paid DLC that should happen and I wondered if they would continue the story after (Triss Geralt who live together for example?). If not, it is absolutely a full DLC for Triss. If Witcher 3 is the latest episode of the series, what prevents CD Projekt to make a history Triss / Witcher Geralt after 3 with a new area and a Witcher contract (the only long for him since he lives with Triss) could go wrong? And all this would end on a proposal for wedding or something else (that would be a first for a Witcher and a witch) with a quest "The True Wish" in reference to the novel ^^ Finally, I pack a little. lol

Otherwise, I find it strange to have perhaps the right to a DLC for a new look for Triss while when the story ends, you can not see more ...

I don't think a fourth Witcher game is out of the question. If it sells big enough, gets enough attention, it would be prudent of them to do it. I can't say if they will but if they want another $100 million then they might.

I also want to say that this thread is so wonderful it really is like a little therapy group. After I finished the game, I was actually pretty bummed for the rest of the night. Found myself still bummed the next day. I found this thread and after being able to see all of the love for Triss and having a proper outlet for my grief, I think it's had a positive impact. Keep it up people!

Keep in mind, I'm not saying I am now okay with the handling of Triss in the game, far from it in fact. Just that this thread is helpful in other ways too.

I feel that way to :D Every day I take a look at this community and need some conversations about that wonderful masterpiece of a game. With my addiction for Triss romance Im so happy I found people who share my feelings and try to talk about possible solutions and nice parts from the game itself.

But about a possible new TW game.. I really dont know. It's CDPR. They are unlike all other companys out there thats why for me its hard to think about another witcher game since other games like AC and COD got mass-produced..

TW is my favorite game series. Possibly forever I dont know. They got all my attention because for the moment they are the only company I trust. They did an amazing job here maybe with some small disappointments but no one can be perfect and I really hope so hard that they are working on something to fix this for a nice ending of the witcher series.

Last edited:
How could you shaft Triss when you can actually feel how tired and worn out she is during the game. I genuinely believe that Geralt will be happier with Triss, not only because I didn't really get to see their relationship with yen in the books, but I can't really see Geralt being as happy with Yen as I have seen when he's with Triss. Maybe that's why we all feel she got shafted; we were being made to push aside someone we had a history with for someone we don't really know will make Geralt happy. I dunno

After I finished the game, I was actually pretty bummed for the rest of the night. Found myself still bummed the next day. I found this thread and after being able to see all of the love for Triss and having a proper outlet for my grief, I think it's had a positive impact. Keep it up people!
As I am!

I know it is quite long, it can get heated at times, sometimes it wanders off topic but I would suggest to any newcomers to go back and read the entirety of the thread. There's a lot of good points and if you feel as passionately about this as I do it won't really seem that long. I came on here and read cover-to-cover in a couple of hours.
It will be difficult for non-English speaking to read the full thread. There are more and more new people here, so, for example I spend a lot of time reading and trying to translate all written

Hi! I join your group (thanks Eesti, a French rejoin you! ^^) to express my disappointment when the lack of development with Triss The Witcher 3. Something I do not understand at all since it is for players of old games, the main Geralt for romance ... I had high expectations about the relationship Triss / Geralt in this third part but after Novigrad: "is that all?". I could not even finish the main story because of a bug, but apparently I've seen all the scenes with Triss...

There are two paid DLC that should happen and I wondered if they would continue the story after (Triss Geralt who live together for example?). If not, it is absolutely a full DLC for Triss. If Witcher 3 is the latest episode of the series, what prevents CD Projekt to make a history Triss / Witcher Geralt after 3 with a new area and a Witcher contract (the only long for him since he lives with Triss) could go wrong? And all this would end on a proposal for wedding or something else (that would be a first for a Witcher and a witch) with a quest "The True Wish" in reference to the novel ^^ Finally, I pack a little. lol

Otherwise, I find it strange to have perhaps the right to a DLC for a new look for Triss while when the story ends, you can not see more ...

1 expansion is in velen and the other is in toussaint while triss should be in kovir technically

(minor ending spoiler)
if u stay with her it says that from time to time geralt would take a job just to keep up
that would be a really good expansion idea but who picked yen or both would get left behind with nothing thats the only hard thing about adding content about triss i think :(

Last edited:
I for one can't play the game again - however much I'd like too. Seeing Triss get shafted for a second time is too emotionally taxing. Guess I'll go again once all the feelz have died down a bit or when they release new/more content. Can't really force myself to reject Triss, so no Yen play-through coming soon - even though I actually like Yen. I just like Triss so much more

My feelings exactly. It is too much for me to have my heartbroken by the game so soon. I will take another run. I am estimating around the 6 month mark - unless they do some Triss-fixing before then. I will gladly play again then.

Rejecting Triss is just not in the cards for me. I am curious as to some of the other parts with Yen but I simply cannot bring myself to do it. "Go. I'll miss you..." I'll die inside. Someone will eventually compile all of the Yen moments in a video - I'll watch one of those. Like has been said before though, not THAT much will change. The game pretty much is auto-Yen by default.

I don't think they can acknowledge they made a boo-boo just yet. The earliest we can expect something, I think, is 1-2 months along the line, when most people have finished the game. Doing so earlier might ruin the experience for people who are still playing. So yea, don't expect anything just yet.

This is a fair point - hadn't considered that. Hopefully we don't have to wait that long for at least a little reassurance. A RED or two coming on here and letting us know they are listening would go a long way.

I actually think they've already done more than most other companies would do by 1. joining/acknowledging the discussion by joining the previous thread and 2. one of the Reds joining our Triss group.

I saw the posts in the other thread - felt like beating around the bush to me. The fact that they are active and we have one in our group does give me a glimmer of hope. :)

How could you shaft Triss when you can actually feel how tired and worn out she is during the game. I genuinely believe that Geralt will be happier with Triss, not only because I didn't really get to see their relationship with yen in the books, but I can't really see Geralt being as happy with Yen as I have seen when he's with Triss. Maybe that's why we all feel she got shafted; we were being made to push aside someone we had a history with for someone we don't really know will make Geralt happy. I dunno

Triss and freshly baked cakes are irresistable to me.

Good point you hit there !

I was thinking the same when I was playing TW3 yesterday. I was doing the quest with Yen and Geralt using the mask to find Ciri. So many times I see Geralt being pissed by Yen because she acts without thinking sometimes (maybe mother instinct). But even then she never listen to Geralt besides the scene when he has to find the coward in the garden with the werewolf when she was staying on top of the wall waiting for Geralt.

Maybe she do what is needed to find Ciri but I dont know. I feel like comparing that with the Triss quest-line: There is always another solution without destroying everything and without such bad consequences like using the mask... necromancy etc etc.

So last quest I did yesterday was "last whish" and I let Yen go.. even when I saw her feelings for Geralt and I was like hmm.. actually Im really sorry for Yen.. but I have to. And meanwhile questing with Triss its always a nice adventures both try to bring in some romance in their conversation. I will keep the rose of rememberance and really hope that I can give it back to Triss one day so that the rose can bloom again :)

I will keep the rose of rememberance and really hope that I can give it back to Triss one day so that the rose can bloom again :)

me too, even if i heard someone saying that the rose dried up even if it shouldnt (as the legend says) but i think if it was dried up the description/name of the rose would've said so, i think the rose didnt dry up honestly because triss still loves geralt (in my opinion)

me too, even if i heard someone saying that the rose dried up even if it shouldnt (as the legend says) but i think if it was dried up the description/name of the rose would've said so, i think the rose didnt dry up honestly because triss still loves geralt (in my opinion)
I also kept the rose in hope it blooms again. Becouse Triss loves Geralt. And mine Geralt loves Triss back.

The best moment for the rose would have been if u tell her u love her. At the lighthouse when they start kissing the rose come back to life and Geralt gives the rose back to Triss. Literally.. my heart would have exploded there :X Feeling like a kid in love haha.. thats so amazing :wub:

It will be difficult for non-English speaking to read the full thread. There are more and more new people here, so, for example I spend a lot of time reading and trying to translate all written

I know but it's still worth a try if you're feeling particularly Triss-y or are bored. Just a thought.

I can't really see Geralt being as happy with Yen as I have seen when he's with Triss.

I said this before - Triss was the better choice for me because I just like her better. From an objective standpoint I think she would just be the better choice. She's more supportive, warm, loving, empathetic, plus she's just damn adorable. How could anybody not pick her?

As per @Eesti and @xxggxx - your ideas would be cool but ultimately I think they just aren't feasible. It would be cool to see the world from that perspective - to not have to worry about the some huge, inescapable, undefeatable evil. I would prefer more during the game itself though. Like where you can talk with her about the future and stuff like that. The Kovir-style stuff would also be a little light on the action. :X If we had some more dialogue with her we could more readily fill in those gaps on our own.

So last quest I did yesterday was "last whish" and I let Yen go.. even when I saw her feelings for Geralt and I was like hmm.. actually Im really sorry for Yen.. but I have to. And meanwhile questing with Triss its always a nice adventures both try to bring in some romance in their conversation. I will keep the rose of rememberance and really hope that I can give it back to Triss one day so that the rose can bloom again :)

First time round i felt some sadness for Yen based on her delivery during the moment where Geralt tells her the magic has gone. I doubt i'll feel it second time round as the way things are handled afterwards has got my heckles up.

Like you i would love to be able to give her the rose back. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

I said this before - Triss was the better choice for me because I just like her better. From an objective standpoint I think she would just be the better choice. She's more supportive, warm, loving, empathetic, plus she's just damn adorable. How could anybody not pick her?
This is exactly how I feel. Triss is the kind of woman you'd want to settle down with, get married and have children. It's too bad they're sterile.

This is exactly how I feel. Triss is the kind of woman you'd want to settle down with, get married and have children. It's too bad they're sterile.
its not a problem that they are sterile, if they really want to have children they could capture a djinn (like yen wanted to do to increase her magic powers and probably fix her infertility)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom