Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why she wants to break the wish - is it all magic or is there actually something between them?
Well I guess that's left for player to interpret the way they see fit, that is probably why they even included that quest. The book Geralt probably loves Yen regardless of the Djin bond, but for the game Geralt , at least in my case the bond is the only reason, once broken, and even before, he loves Triss.

301 votes, glad to see Triss is going strong.

Reposted from Yennefer thread.

I'm a huge fan of the books, Yennefer, and can talk at length about the character. I appreciate her wit, her sardonicism, and her up and down relationship with Geralt of Rivia. I enjoy "The Last Wish", "Splinter of Ice", and the way their relationship developed in the books.

However, Triss every time both for personal preference and Geralt.

I don't think it's a case of Yennefer being an inferior character and she's STILL one of my favorite characters in both the games as well as gaming in general. It's a matter of presentation in the game. I'm not sure if CD_Red really did the Yennefer character any favors with her portrayal in Skellige.

The depiction of Yennefer and Triss in the game are contrasted extremely sharply with Yennefer caring nothing about the fact that Nilfgaard is invading the North, the larger world concerns, or the local traditions of people. She's a woman who would see the world burn to get her child back and that is an awesome character trait as well as one very true to the books.

But it made my Geralt realize he couldn't be with her.

A big theme of the game is "responsibility to the world vs. your loved ones." Ciri's storyline is about growing up and choosing to take responsibility for either the Empire of Nilfgaard, Humanity in General [Witcher], or simply her loved ones [not letting them endanger themselves for her sake anymore].
It's contrasted in the endings, too. Yennefer's ideal ending with Geralt is to retire from being a Sorceress and a Witcher. To say, screw you to the world, and enjoy their peace and quiet. This is contrasted with Triss' ending where she takes an active role in trying to make the world better with Geralt.

Triss is, by contrast, trying to make the world better for her fellow mages. She's protecting them and others as well as working to build a better tomorrow. She has responsibility to the world as a whole and OTHER PEOPLE MATTER.
In the end, my Geralt knew who he loved.

He loved them both.

But he could only follow the one he wanted to be like.

It's like Morrigan and Leliana, there's no wrong answer. Albeit, I actually think the above depiction is kind of unfair to Yennefer and she would have SOME concern for others.

I saw that a while back, and i don't think any Triss fan would be happy with that, i mean seriously? what is the point of choosing when the game and the website points at who you are meant to choose. No gamer playing a rpg should have to feel that they are some what forced to choose this option, and nobody choosing Triss should feel like they are cheating on Yen as the website page implies.

Yen favoritism plain and simple. I agree though, it's disrespectful that our choice is invalidated to such an extreme. I don't want to feel guilty for choosing Triss. I don't anyways because she is my main squeeze but I still resent the feeling that I am being pushed that way.

CDPR has to acknowledge this, there is no way around it.

Agreed. Sooner of later they will have to say something. :p

Yes, they said that, as for what exactly have they planned we will have to wait and see. Two expansions for sure, and after that who knows,perhaps Enhanced Edition, maybe nothing, maybe more content...

We should take that "...two year..." statement as LITERALLY as something a policeman would tell you! That would mean, May of 2017 and its all done!

So, to recap; 1st expansion in Oct 2015 and the next one is slated 1Q of 2016. Assuming they had some of the work done before release of the game, that would leave MAYBE enough time for one more major paid expansion or two more small ones...as well as a bunch of free DLC(we can hope this is addressed in the remaining 12 pieces of that (x-fingers).

All in all, not gonna let myself get too hopeful especially if a dev won't speak-up...I know they are busy right now with the 1.05 patch, don't want to pull ANYONE off that task...but in the day or sofollowing the release of the patch...ya gotta think if we could get a response if they 'feel our pain'. :/

He likes all sorceresses, but loves in my PT only Triss.

Same here.

Whenever some other NPC's like Sasha from the Gwent turnament (yes I won gwent against Sasha !) try to initiate on Geralt or like Keira.. no chance. I always mentioned another woman and closed the situation. But not because of Yen.. because of Triss. I dunno even if its only a game I feel like "nope I wont cheat my crush" and thats how it goes.

Love or sex? Only with Triss ! :comeatmebro:

Last edited:
Same here.

Whenever some other NPC's like Sasha from the Gwent turnament (yes I won gwent against Sasha !) try to initiate on Geralt or like Keira.. no chance. I always mentioned another woman and closed the situation. But not because of Yen.. because of Triss. I dunno even if its only a game I feel like "nope I wont cheat my crush" and thats how it goes. Love or sex? Only with Triss ! :comeatmebro:
Exactly, forget about being faithful to Yen (as the website says), staying faithful to Triss is the name of the game!

Well I guess that's left for player to interpret the way they see fit, that is probably why they even included that quest. The book Geralt probably loves Yen regardless of the Djin bond, but for the game Geralt , at least in my case the bond is the only reason, once broken, and even before, he loves Triss.

301 votes, glad to see Triss is going strong.

I very much see Geralt as being drawn to the force of the nature that is Yen in the books at their first encounter. He does something rash to save her by making the wish(we don't know what he wishes or how the djinn interprets the wish) which ties them together. The amnesia allows Geralt to experience a different sweeter love with Triss, which he wasn't able to see because he was obsessed with Yen. Once his memories are restored the two love memories collide but Yen is like a faded memory(which isn't finding her doesn't re-ignite) whilst Triss is his love obsession.
I'm glad they included the quest just to stop the 'geralt can't love Triss because of the wish' nonsense. Would have liked to express reasons for rejecting to include Triss, though Yen would have probably sunk the boat.

Yen favoritism plain and simple. I agree though, it's disrespectful that our choice is invalidated to such an extreme. I don't want to feel guilty for choosing Triss. I don't anyways because she is my main squeeze but I still resent the feeling that I am being pushed that way.

Not to mention that it throws away what happened in the previous games, were these the same writers who worked on The Witcher 2? because i don't believe that they acted like choosing Triss is cheating on Yen. You're right though Yen favoritism is too obvious. :2guns:

By the way while reading all those posts I catched myself watching the location of other people posting here and sharing feelings.

I have to say its quiet amazing how many people from all over the world are sharing their thoughts about such a great game here.

USA, Australia, Belgium, Germany, France, Latvia, Canada, England, Poland, Italy.. etc. etc. its awesome !

Another evidence for respecting opinions no matter where that person comes from or where he lives. A very good feeling here :)

Wait! That's @xxggxx, he comments on here too!

I just noticed that my article on Gameblog to make noise here ^^ For those who wondered if Gameblog is a "blog", the answer is: yes and no.
Gameblog is a professional site like IGN but offers an alternative for players to be heard and participate in the website: Creating blogs and articles which, once they are seen many times appear the weekend on the site's home page. These items are also annexed by google which is a good way to reach more players (so try to get the article link to a lot of people to raise the number of visits for it to be broadcast this weekend on the home page;) ). Try to create an account on Gameblog and also on the article, click "J'aime" on the bottom of this article. I think it also has an effect on the diffusion on the site's home page.

I started by doing an article and I'm trying to make contact with the staff of gameblog to ask to relay the information in an official article on the site and why not twitter (I've already done with another game and it worked). I can not promise anything but one of the staff members of Gameblog has been in contact recently with Damien Monnier, a Senior Game Designer in CD Projekt Red (it seems to me that it is French ^^) and I can perhaps ask if he can pass the message to him. I'll try to get in contact with them.

Otherwise, for the sex scene with Triss in the trailer that is not in the game, I did some research and finally, I do not think this scene is in the lighthouse but rather in a room. Just see the background of this scene :

View attachment 15945

one notices the presence of a "wooden partition" to separate the bathroom of the room(I do not think that's something to put in a lighthouse... ^^). There are some in the house of Triss in Novigrad, in the chamber of Yennefer on Skellige and in some rooms at Kaer Morhen (at the beginning of the adventure but at the end, no).

View attachment 15946
View attachment 15947
View attachment 15948

What makes me sincerely think that this scene takes place in a room.
And in this scene :
View attachment 15949

When we look at lighting, soft light seen (candle?) come from one side to the other side (The belly of Triss), another light source much more intense (a chimney fire?) comes from the across the wooden partition (the patterns of shadows are reflected on Triss). I think this scene was removed from Kaer Morhen (which we see in the open air like the ocean but it can also be the valley around Kaer Morhen at night with a light fog ...). I'm voting for the content that has been deleted!

Attachments

• The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - The Sword of Destiny - High quality stream - Gamersyde.mp4_snapshot_01.jpg
    The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - The Sword of Destiny - High quality stream - Gamersyde.mp4_snapshot_01.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 77
  • CGhfanIVAAIAwfV.jpg-large.jpg
    CGhfanIVAAIAwfV.jpg-large.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 57
  • CGhez91UAAE4GTX.jpg-large.jpg
    CGhez91UAAE4GTX.jpg-large.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 45
  • CGhfFOFVAAAE5-a.jpg-large.jpg
    CGhfFOFVAAAE5-a.jpg-large.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Triss_Merigold_Witcher_3_The_Wild_Hunt_E3_2014_Trailer_Hot_pose.jpg
    Triss_Merigold_Witcher_3_The_Wild_Hunt_E3_2014_Trailer_Hot_pose.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 83
By the way while reading all those posts I catched myself watching the location of other people posting here and sharing feelings.

I have to say its quiet amazing how many people from all over the world are sharing their thoughts about such a great game here.

USA, Australia, Belgium, Germany, France, Latvia, Canada, England, Poland, Italy.. etc. etc. its awesome !

Another evidence for respecting opinions no matter where that person comes from or where he lives. A very good feeling here :)

I know, it is great to see people from all over the world sharing similar views (or different views) about this game :)

---------- Updated at 10:52 PM ----------

I'm voting for the content that has been deleted!

That scene was either made for the trailer but never intended to be in the game, or was deleted content like you said. I guess it might return in future dlc but probably not :(

It is also quite impressive that despite all the votes coming in, the percentage of people voting for more Triss remains almost the same (around 85%).
I agree. Quite impressive. ;) Guess we're onto something here. :p

She's a woman who would see the world burn to get her child back and that is an awesome character trait as well as one very true to the books.

But it made my Geralt realize he couldn't be with her.

I agree with you here. It's a cool trait but I just couldn't imagine Geralt being even a fraction as happy with Yen as he would be with Triss. Yen is passionate and I don't dislike her by any means but Triss just brings so much more to the table.

She has responsibility to the world as a whole and OTHER PEOPLE MATTER.
In the end, my Geralt knew who he loved.

He loved them both.

But he could only follow the one he wanted to be like.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"

this is a constructive thread with cool people ( real witcher fans ) .... and we deserve more Triss :)

What's surprising for me here is that the Triss content should, reasonably, be a center-stage of the saga? Was Triss just a placeholder to the developers until Yennefer's arrival? The Rose of Remembrance dying and the BIG REVEAL that Triss was hiding Yennefer from Geralt seems to have been something they expected to have a bigger effect than it did. However, the majority of gamers seem pretty willing to forgive that action. The Witcher games were the gateway drug to much of the English speaking world for the Witchverse. You'd think they'd have more faith in their own product and one of the big things of said product is the Triss/Geralt relationship.

Exactly, forget about being faithful to Yen (as the website says), staying faithful to Triss is the name of the game!

Same here.

Whenever some other NPC's like Sasha from the Gwent turnament (yes I won gwent against Sasha !) try to initiate on Geralt or like Keira.. no chance. I always mentioned another woman and closed the situation. But not because of Yen.. because of Triss. I dunno even if its only a game I feel like "nope I wont cheat my crush" and thats how it goes.

Love or sex? Only with Triss !

Same here. Turned down the viking swordwoman on Skellige too. :p No one could come between me and Triss. :wub:

Another evidence for respecting opinions no matter where that person comes from or where he lives. A very good feeling here

I agree. Awesome indeed. :p

I'm voting for the content that has been deleted!

This is a good point. The sex scene(s) are not my primary concern though. If that has to take a back seat to working on our other suggestions, I vote for that. If it is doable and not too much trouble then I would be okay with it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom