• There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over 20 pages of new posts over night. That's quite a lot :p

I am new to this thread and the witcher forums in general and i will be staying "until I see some justice given to Triss" !
Welcome to the fold! If you plan on sticking around longer, you might as well join our Triss group too.

Seems the majority in this thread only strongly advocates for more romance concerning Triss.
I think that lack of content is actually a narrative problem and creates plot holes, which is probably why people focus on more content. And besides, it's far easier to add content than it is to tweak/alter excising content.
So while I agree it shouldn't at it's core be about the volume of content, it is one of the things that is lacking and thus a valid criticism.

Thanks for the link. I won't be using it though. I'm abstaining from giving them any more of my money until I see some justice given to Triss. I've seen enough before. About to go and play through the early parts of W2 again to get my Triss fix. :eek:

Exactly. No more pre-ordering stuff from CDP RED on my part:p Funny thing, I too was thinking about getting back to Wicher 2 after finishing Wild Hunt:D No way I'm in for a second playthrough.

Exactly. No more pre-ordering stuff from CDP RED on my part:p Funny thing, I too was thinking about getting back to Wicher 2 after finishing Wild Hunt:D No way I'm in for a second playthrough.

I just do not pre-order because I would want to play the game again from scratch when expansions arrive. But if the do not adress the whole Triss situation, this would mean I would again have to go through all this "missing Triss in the later game parts" ... would be like torture
^^

Still hope there's a chance they adress this whole issue and then I'm definilty buying it, to see how it turns out for us Triss fans

@DarkWolf1 welcome to the club. Don't forget to vote. I'll respond piece-by-piece. I frequently do this. Dunno why - makes it feel like someone is listening.

i will be staying "until I see some justice given to Triss"!

Same here. :p I'm not leaving anytime soon.

First thing that doesn't seem right is when you complete her side quests she says that she is going to Kaer Morhen but she is nowhere to be found at the castle until later in the game.
Why? This is a big missed opportunity by CDpR to extend the relationship between her and Geralt.

That's what I think it all boils down to. Missed opportunities. When it comes to the Triss romance missed opportunities abound. This is a frequently voiced complaint that we would like fixed. She just feels secondary. Makes the game, since she is clearly so important to all of us, feel incomplete. Unfinished even. :X

After the battle everything is pretty good and then comes the battle preparations questline. While on the boat Triss just stays in one spot and when you try talking to her
she keeps repeating Well? ... Well? ... Well?!. Really? Not even one dialogue option. Very annoying.
Then there is the thing with Avvalach's summit. Here we are preparing for the biggest battle potentially deadly and all Triss says before leaving is "Good luck" !?

This too is very annoying. This would have been an opportunity for some real, honest to god character development and development of the relationship in general. A talk before Kaer Morhen would have been great. Maybe something like this:

T "Hunt is probably on their way to Kaer Morhen right now... I have to say Geralt, I'm a little nervous."
G "It's going to be fine. I can handle them. We can handle them."
T "They know you. How far you're willing to go for Ciri. What if you don't make it? I don't want to lose you."
G "After everything we've been through? Not happening. Besides, the Hunt can't stand toe to toe with me - they're out of practice. Slaughtering villages is nothing like trying to handle a Witcher."
T "The famous Geralt of Rivea no less. Plus, I've been practicing my artillery. I'll give them a run for their money before they even get to the castle gates."
G "Not saying it will be easy, but we will get through it. Count on it."
*They kiss*
T "Good luck Witcher. Better come back to me. I'll kill you if you don't. *wink*"

Wow she seemed very worried for Geralt while he was fighting the general of the wild hunt's army (can't remember his name just now) with Ciri ,
but now she is awfully calm and has nothing to say. Matter of fact she did not say anything at all to Geralt after the Phillipa's quest in Novigrad.
At least Yennefer had her moments with Geralt before the final battle which is not the case with Triss.

Imlerith is his name by the way. :p Another nice little exchange before the final battle would have been great. The fact that there is something with Yen even shows how the game indicates she is the "right" choice whereas Triss is the "wrong" choice.

The explanation in the credits is just not enough.

The one picture we get at the end is definitely not a satisfying conclusion to this amazing romance.

---------- Updated at 11:54 AM ----------

Exactly. No more pre-ordering stuff from CDP RED on my part Funny thing, I too was thinking about getting back to Wicher 2 after finishing Wild Hunt No way I'm in for a second playthrough.
I just do not pre-order because I would want to play the game again from scratch when expansions arrive. But if the do not adress the whole Triss situation, this would mean I would again have to go through all this "missing Triss in the later game parts" ... would be like torture
^^

Still hope there's a chance they adress this whole issue and then I'm definilty buying it, to see how it turns out for us Triss fans

I have said this before. Without a Triss fix I can't see myself purchasing the expansions. During the early game I was thinking, "Hell, when this is over I'll probably start it all over again. Guess I'm not getting much done for a little while". After the heartbreak of Triss, I am now much more hesitant. It's still a good game that merits another playthrough but after the credits I realized I wasn't as head over heels about the game as I thought I was.

I think that lack of content is actually a narrative problem and creates plot holes, which is probably why people focus on more content. And besides, it's far easier to add content than it is to tweak/alter excising content.
So while I agree it shouldn't at it's core be about the volume of content, it is one of the things that is lacking and thus a valid criticism.

Because the main plot is pretty much set in stone I am not sure how much alteration we can be expecting there. My main holdout is an Enhanced Edition of some sort further down the road to fix the main plot points and address the narrative/integration issues. Expansions are my hope for the near future though, because as you said it's easier to just add more to it.

Last edited:
Damn you Triss fans, I just woke up and this thread has grown by 15 pages, now I have to read it all, you're killing my free time. Kidding aside it is really great to see how fast this topic is growing and how popular it has become.

Of course i voted... the first thing i did ;)

The thing is i am almost 100% sure that Triss was not planned for any of the expansions.
By the statement we will meet old characters you may expect to see people like Shani , Iorveth , Saskia etc..
And from the Witcher 3 game it is likely we see Zolatan and Dandelion even Yen is very unlikely to be there.
The only way we see something about Triss is maybe an outfit free dlc like yennefer's.

So my only hope is that CDpR will see this thread and really consider including Triss because it is both good for
business (cuz we are all ready to pay for a Triss dlc) and good for us fans to finally have an appropriate conclusion.

Hello there Triss fans,

I am new to this thread and the witcher forums in general and i will be staying "until I see some justice given to Triss" ! :)

So here are my problems with Triss's story:

First thing that doesn't seem right is when you complete her side quests she says that she is going to Kaer Morhen but she is nowhere to be found at the castle until later in the game.
Why? This is a big missed opportunity by CDpR to extend the relationship between her and Geralt.

After the battle everything is pretty good and then comes the battle preparations questline. While on the boat Triss just stays in one spot and when you try talking to her
she keeps repeating Well? ... Well? ... Well?!. Really? Not even one dialogue option. Very annoying.

Then there is the thing with Avvalach's summit. Here we are preparing for the biggest battle potentially deadly and all Triss says before leaving is "Good luck" !?
Wow she seemed very worried for Geralt while he was fighting the general of the wild hunt's army (can't remember his name just now) with Ciri ,
but now she is awfully calm and has nothing to say. Matter of fact she did not say anything at all to Geralt after the Phillipa's quest in Novigrad.
At least Yennefer had her moments with Geralt before the final battle which is not the case with Triss.

And finally there is the ending.It would have been nice to see some conclusion for Geralt with Triss or Yennefer.His scene with Ciri is pretty nice but this is the last
Witcher game (at least with Geralt) and he is the main character . You can at least show us one final scene of his life after the Hunt.No matter if he is still a witcher
or he is with triss/yen. The explanation in the credits is just not enough.

Yep most people seem to be in agreement that decision to overwrite player choice and only have Triss come to Kaer Morhen at Yen's invite rather than Geralt's was terrible. Kaer Morhen would be a great opportunity to extend the relationship(which is what Yen romancers get), it would also provide proper confrontation/ between the 3 involved parties. At the very least we should have been able to react/reflect on the fact that we are in a romance whenever relationship status and Triss is brought up. The only conclusion i can came to is that she was deliberately kept off the menu because they wanted Yen or Yen break-up as the only course on the menu at that point. Kaer Morhen is where i want a patch(doubt it'll happen though), so expansion content to fill the vacuum is second best option.

The 'Well' boat dialogue is annoying. When i heard she was guarding Avallac'h rather than going on Sunstone mission i was disappointed but i expected at least a dialogue exchange.

I like the feeling the english voice actress put into the 'Good Luck'. if that had been followed by some presence in the chase to get to Ciri i would have been happy.
Given they decided to keep that section for solely Yen, i think something more passionate than 'Good Luck' was needed though.

This also really bugged me, by that point in the game I was really beginning to be annoyed with the lack of interactions with Triss and was hoping that we will at least have one more scene. After we agreed we will go to Kovir she said we will talk about the details later, but unfortunately that never happened. They should have made a scene with Triss right before you go to the final battle with Geralt and Triss expressing hope that they will be together and that everything will be OK, having her just say:"Good Luck" knowing she may never see Geralt again was just a bad decision and a horrible farewell to a character that has been with us for 3 games.

This also really bugged me, by that point in the game I was really beginning to be annoyed with the lack of interactions with Triss and was hoping that we will at least have one more scene. After we agreed we will go to Kovir she said we will talk about the details later, but unfortunately that never happened. They should have made a scene with Triss right before you go to the final battle with Geralt and Triss expressing hope that they will be together and that everything will be OK, having her just say:"Good Luck" knowing she may never see Geralt again was just a bad decision and a horrible farewell to a character that has been with us for 3 games.

If that was to be her last scene in the game(i'd have like her in the last portion), a kiss and "Good luck and come back to me." would have been far more fitting and getting relationship right out there in the open, than the well delivered but insufficent 'good luck' line by itself.. Especially as how badly things have been treated earlier makes the whole relationship seems to be a dirty secret they are hiding.

Free DLC for this week have been announced.

Although free DLC does not add much to the game this week, still not even just a new look for Triss. The more time passes the more this new appearance (if there is one scheduled) will be obsolete knowing that more players will end the game (and therefore no longer see Triss).

@DarkWolf1 welcome to the club. Don't forget to vote. I'll respond piece-by-piece. I frequently do this. Dunno why - makes it feel like someone is listening.

Same here. :p I'm not leaving anytime soon.

That's what I think it all boils down to. Missed opportunities. When it comes to the Triss romance missed opportunities abound. This is a frequently voiced complaint that we would like fixed. She just feels secondary. Makes the game, since she is clearly so important to all of us, feel incomplete. Unfinished even. :X

This too is very annoying. This would have been an opportunity for some real, honest to god character development and development of the relationship in general. A talk before Kaer Morhen would have been great. Maybe something like this:

T "Hunt is probably on their way to Kaer Morhen right now... I have to say Geralt, I'm a little nervous."
G "It's going to be fine. I can handle them. We can handle them."
T "They know you. How far you're willing to go for Ciri. What if you don't make it? I don't want to lose you."
G "After everything we've been through? Not happening. Besides, the Hunt can't stand toe to toe with me - they're out of practice. Slaughtering villages is nothing like trying to handle a Witcher."
T "The famous Geralt of Rivea no less. Plus, I've been practicing my artillery. I'll give them a run for their money before they even get to the castle gates."
G "Not saying it will be easy, but we will get through it. Count on it."
*They kiss*
T "Good luck Witcher. Better come back to me. I'll kill you if you don't. *wink*"

Imlerith is his name by the way. :p Another nice little exchange before the final battle would have been great. The fact that there is something with Yen even shows how the game indicates she is the "right" choice whereas Triss is the "wrong" choice.

The one picture we get at the end is definitely not a satisfying conclusion to this amazing romance.

---------- Updated at 11:54 AM ----------

I have said this before. Without a Triss fix I can't see myself purchasing the expansions. During the early game I was thinking, "Hell, when this is over I'll probably start it all over again. Guess I'm not getting much done for a little while". After the heartbreak of Triss, I am now much more hesitant. It's still a good game that merits another playthrough but after the credits I realized I wasn't as head over heels about the game as I thought I was.

Because the main plot is pretty much set in stone I am not sure how much alteration we can be expecting there. My main holdout is an Enhanced Edition of some sort further down the road to fix the main plot points and address the narrative/integration issues. Expansions are my hope for the near future though, because as you said it's easier to just add more to it.

Nice dialogues there with Triss! ;)

Hindsight is always 20/20, but CDP could have worked the main quest line a bit differently to at least make things flow better romance-wise (without making plot holes). It would have involved splitting Skellige into two sections: one just after Vizima until you find out Ciri went to Velen and one after Novigrad. Would have also enhanced the en Crait storyline too, as I always felt that there was no in-game time between being asked to help and then you actually helping (unless you create that time yourself).

Especially as how badly things have been treated earlier makes the whole relationship seems to be a dirty secret they are hiding.
Yeah, basically she's been reduced to a Zoltan or Dandelion level of NPC in the last portion of the game. It's already been said x times in this topic, but the game completely ignoring the importance of Triss in Geralt life if he choose her as a LI is unbelievable, even one late game scene would do wanders in making the Triss relationship feels like a valid choice for the player. Instead I have the feeling the game acts like I've let Triss go to Kovir and she's only there as a friend that came because Yen invited her.

Hello Everyone, and sorry for my bad english (i'm french)
Just posting to show my complete agree with everything said before, I really enjoyed this game like nothing else since a long time, but I was also really desapointed with the Triss romance.
I was really disapointed that you can do nothing to prevent Yen for kissing you, and nothing to correct other NPC who think you are still in a relationship with Yen.

I think CDProject has much to learn from Mass effect for instance, because even if Liara is the obvious romance, and the game does everything to incite you to romance Liara, well the other romances are not forgotten and in addition, they do not create plot holes and inconsistencies...
I get the fact that Yen should have more importance on this game (as she wasn't there on the first two, and she has more importance in the books) but i really felt betrayed after the battle for kaer morhen...

Anyway thanks for this amazing topic, it described exactly how i felt, and this is a shame because it is almost the only drawback i found on this game, it is almost perfect except for that...

Yeah, basically she's been reduced to a Zoltan or Dandelion level of NPC in the last portion of the game.
*cough* in the empress ending Zoltan and Dendelion have an ending conversation while Triss is sitting there saying "well?". *cough*

Well new on the forum and all but I just want to add my support for more Triss content. I just completed the now or never quest (suppose I do not have as much time to play as the rest of you:) and I just wanted to quickly check when I could expect Triss to show up again - imagine the horror when I leaned that she more or less would not:( It has actually turned me somewhat off the game since character interaction is a major part of why I play in the first place. Right now I am actually considering dropping the game even though its seems to be a great game with only very minor flaws if one disregards the Triss incident.
As it is now I very much doubt that I will be buying any of the expansions unless they include some additional content for Triss.
Anyhow keep up the good work here maybe the developers will listen..

Last edited:
Didn't get that ending, but if she really says: "Well" in it, than that's really fucked up :)

To my knowledge, there is only one ending where you get to say "goodbye" to Triss, the one where
Ciri go to the Empire
, so you are in a tavern with the love interest (and i think they have both the same lines which is also kinda disapointing...) and Triss (or Yen) reminds you of your meeting in the woods with Ciri.
That's all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom