The Usurper problem (and NG as a whole)

+
What if they enforce a rule - for every 2 (thinning tag) cards you must add one extra card to your deck (so 25+1, +2 etc...)

That might have worked before the provision system, but now it would be a death sentence to thinning, meaning this is not the way to solve it. A better way would be to introduce a special thinning category to the game and just impose a limit on the amount of thinning cards (from that category) one can have in a deck. Though, I would prefer a more sophisticated method where every additional thinning card costs one extra provision.

That might have worked before the provision system, but now it would be a death sentence to thinning, meaning this is not the way to solve it. A better way would be to introduce a special thinning category to the game and just impose a limit on the amount of thinning cards (from that category) one can have in a deck. Though, I would prefer a more sophisticated method where every additional thinning card costs one extra provision.
This is essencially the same as my proposal, if you must add one more card per 2 thinning, ofc you will add a 4prov card, which makes each of the thinning cards 2 prov more expensive in a way (and the deck a bit riskier and a bit more versatile because you have more cheap options that you can either thin or play).
It could also finally open the option for decks with more than 25 cards, create an archetype around it, introduce new mechanincs where you actually benefit for having more than 25 and so on.

Totally agree with this. I believe NR is still the king, we see too many Francescas because it's still fresh, and because ppl want to just have some variaty for a time, but when the dust settles NR will still be number one. Fran is counterable by so many neutral cards, you can always build around while NG is just annoying.

On the thinning topic:
Thinning overall is toxic especially after the change of mulligans where all leaders have plenty. I believe thinning should be a max of 2 cards per turn, everything that allows more should be reworked. Otherwise you simply play your whole deck (or almost) every single game. Even back at the SK thinning meta, a lot of times your Skalds bricked, or you had to thin a useful cards (not a skirmisher/morg), so it had a huge price and was risky. Thinning nowadays is so much easier...25 cards, 16 draws and 6-7 mulli+epic thinning options? Com on...
What if they enforce a rule - for every 2 (thinning tag) cards you must add one extra card to your deck (so 25+1, +2 etc...) This way at least you won't play your whole deck every single game. Cards that thin more than one add directly +1 to the required minimum - for example portal and so on.

Funny thing you say this, as I play all-in greedy fran with no control. Played against Foltest this day, he drew perfectly. 2 Scouts + Reinforcements = 5 Commandos on the board. Perfect start.

I still beat him by 4 points, he drew quite good in round 3, where he used Vincent on my Oak.
Just immagine how much that deck sucks if he didnt draw scouts in round 1.

Lets be real for once. NR is still trash-tier after the Foltest nerfs, and bounties are likely gone as well. Its very hard for Syndicate to achieve a surplus of points (above provision cost) with bounty mechanic, when they dont have multiple bounties active, as excecutioners can easily be removed.

Funny thing you say this, as I play all-in greedy fran with no control. Played against Foltest this day, he drew perfectly. 2 Scouts + Reinforcements = 5 Commandos on the board. Perfect start.

I still beat him by 4 points, he drew quite good in round 3, where he used Vincent on my Oak.
Just immagine how much that deck sucks if he didnt draw scouts in round 1.

Lets be real for once. NR is still trash-tier after the Foltest nerfs, and bounties are likely gone as well. Its very hard for Syndicate to achieve a surplus of points (above provision cost) with bounty mechanic, when they dont have multiple bounties active, as excecutioners can easily be removed.
Fotest got heavy nerfs this patch, however there are plenty of other vialbe NR decks (Meve, Calanthe)
Baron,Falibor,Keira, Nathaniel, the 2 dueling cards, the whole self buff and ping package are all amazing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom