The Witcher 2 wishlist

+
Development of the first game's combat system (like the alpha video). Not this action-adventure, jump around like a acrobat on sugar rush thing we've been seing in the recent gameplay videos. The way it locked you with your target in the first game, so parries and hits had actual contact just looks (and probably feels) better than this random slashing.
I agree with that 100%.1. Make it easy to use the Polish voice acting with whatever subtitle language you'd like-- as in, check a box named "Use Polish Voice Acting with English Subtitles" easy. Put it in 'advanced' options or something so it doesn't look pretentious. All the cool kids will be doing it.2. Don't be afraid to make Geralt look like an old lupine albino, like he did in the first game. Does he really have to be Mr. Handsome Action Hero Man for W2? Does Triss have to get about 15 years younger as well?3. Don't dumb down the alchemy. It was pretty good in W1, especially after the update which improved the inventory so that it sorted stuff for you. You could make it through the game pretty much without it; but if you weren't stupid and figured out how it worked, it was a great help. Don't mess this up by making it into some stupid minigame that's supposed to draw all players into it, thereby ruining it for everyone.4. Don't forget what function Geralt, Manwhore and the Sex Cards fulfilled in W1 with regards to the Alvin plot-- if you do, and just dump them for more sophisticaed erotic stuff (i.e., puppet humping), then things will go amiss.(P.S.: The boobie cards were awesome).

1. Use Gerald from TW1. The "improved" one from TW2 looks too effeminate and not-Gerald.2. Make a good story.3. Release a PS3 version of the game at the same time with the PC one. I want Gerald on my biiiig TV!!!4. Release a PS3 version of TWEE (guess it won't happen ever, sigh! )

Well, the most important thing for me is keeping some of the gameplay open-ended, which I think they are doing.in addition:-Improve combat. They're modeling it after Arkham Asylum. Fine by me, as long as there is depth to the system.-improve customization of your character. More weapons, more armor, etc.-improve npc character design.-make areas bigger, with plenty of secrets to discover, like in Divinity 2 or Zelda.-keep mature dialog. The Witcher had some of the best writing in any game I have played, aimed squarely at adults.-let me bed lots of dames. Put all the meaningful intent you want into it, but I want to get laid...often.-more endings the better.-And please, for the love of god, don't railroad me from one area to the next like a Bioware game. The first Witcher had plenty of meaningful distractions, and it let me finish the game at my pace. keep that for the Witcher 2.Truly looking forward to this game, and my compliments to the team for a job well done so far. There's some serious talent in Poland.

i just wish they will add character creation, yeah i know its based on the book, but its only "BASED" its not the book, so why not add a little extra for us gamers? loved the first, looking forward for the 2nd, BTW, you changed geralt's face anyway, why not let us create a new witcher character? or maybe once we finished the game then we could unlock the character creation? it adds to the length of the game and may bring the players further in to the game, and before anyone flame me,its a game by the way, not the book, if you want it totally from the book, then read the book,

Please make characters' eyes more alive. If character will look at the person with whom he talks then the dialog will look much more natural.

Maybe these can be good:1. Being able to camp in the wilderness setting a small fire on anywhere on the map to meditate or sleep.2. Being able to hunt and sell pelts to make money. Cant think of anything else. I dont have a lot to say to criticise TW1 it fun from the beginning to the end. Also in every game there are always some items that we dont use at all.

the thing i hated the most about witcher 1 was all the stupid quests that involved more running than actual time spent discussing or talking about it like go to point A than to point B than back to A than than to C than B luckily their weren't that many like that they make games feel like mmosalso no force sheathing of your sword(like when your out in the wilderness) rmber when your in the swamp running around fast silver and you go near a drowner and run away and geralt puts hes sword away god thats so annoyingone more thing better alchemy :p like 90 percent of the potions where useless i loved the alchemy system i always made sure i had 5 of each potion 10 swallows and 10 raffords its very fun to know that in order to survive your going to need to pop an enhancement instead of just whaling around with a sword (playing flash mod) oh and i agree with this lmfao
Open options to torch villages, kill children , rape kikimors, steal from old people , it's an adult game and controversy is fine, too much Mr Niceguy is limiting replay value and what modern RPGs are missing is the ability to be really evil . Also special skill to instantly decapitate any old lady that kicks you out of her house.

I would really like to see all cut scenes in game engine because the game is primary developed on PC and not some console port.

1. Change Geralt's look to a basic one, no ponytail.2. Bring some more characters from the books, like the famous child of destiny :p3. Bring it fast!4. Greatly optimized game, like first one.5. Less walking, like you had to walk over and over from location A to B two or more times.6. Giving us more locations, like we were limited to Temeria, why don't we visit Kaedwen or something?7. Would be nice to see some horses if the locations are going to be really big.8. Let us "walk". There was no such option in the first one, unless you found a mod for it.9. Easy-to-use modding tools, so we can get community stuff.10. DON'T END STORY AT THIS ONE!

About camera modes:Well, I remember that in early development of the first Witcher game there was a permanent top down view similar to Baldur´s Gate. A pity it was not included in the final version of the game.What about the new Witcher game? I really hope that there are new camera angles and modes to chose from and which can be clicked in the game menu to be enabled/disabled permanently. Guess I´m an exotic creature, but I don´t like the close up 3rd person camera mode. 1st person or top down. Got anything there to make me happy my fellow cd-project? I mean, graphics, story, music are excellent but the camera in Witcher1 made me go nuts (even way beyond my typical day attitute) and I could not bear to play the game.

Gieralt said:
1. Change Geralt's look to a basic one, no ponytail.7. Would be nice to see some horses if the locations are going to be really big.8. Let us "walk". There was no such option in the first one, unless you found a mod for it.
1. In the latest released video (the gameplay video), we can see the final Geralt's model. 7. The developers have said that there 'll be no horses in this game too. 8. In all released videos we can see Geral walking. He is also jumping, sneaking and perform a variety of movements. @The Coordinator
Well, I remember that in early development of the first Witcher game there was a permanent top down view similar to Baldur´s Gate. A pity it was not included in the final version of the game.
I don't understand what you mean. In The Witcher there was also a top down view (unless i don't get something here), which you could simply chose by pressing the F1 button. The third person view was placed at the F3.

Cassandra31EEE said:
I don't understand what you mean. In The Witcher there was also a top down view (unless i don't get something here), which you could simply chose by pressing the F1 button. The third person view was placed at the F3.
I know that. But the camera automatically zoomed back into a close view. It really annoyed me.That´s why I am wondering what could be done. I really wish to enjoy the sequel. Might be the best RPG in years, but I am a bit worried still.

Well, I'm bored to read the whole 17-paged-sized thread, but I want only the following for the TW2.1) The defense mode. That's missing from the previous TW. From the previous TW, it looked like a WoW-kind of...2) The dodge mode. You know my reasons for that. Not only Geralt can dodge them from every direction, but he could stay at his same place and dodge with ease the opponent's sword(like in Alan Wake). That's because Geralt is a perfect swordsman, so that's why I think he knows how to dodge them, while he's cool.3) More epic fights with monsters. I like epic fights, because that's how makes this game an epic ones.4) Less loading time. It was a pain in the butt for me to wait for each scenery or area to load off. You guys aren't Square Enix... ~_~ S-E is known for her epic loading times at the whole Final Fantasy series.

Tannosuke said:
Well, I'm bored to read the whole 17-paged-sized thread, but I want only the following for the TW2.1) The defense mode. That's missing from the previous TW. From the previous TW, it looked like a WoW-kind of...2) The dodge mode. You know my reasons for that. Not only Geralt can dodge them from every direction, but he could stay at his same place and dodge with ease the opponent's sword(like in Alan Wake). That's because Geralt is a perfect swordsman, so that's why I think he knows how to dodge them, while he's cool.3) More epic fights with monsters. I like epic fights, because that's how makes this game an epic ones.4) Less loading time. It was a pain in the butt for me to wait for each scenery or area to load off. You guys aren't Square Enix... ~_~ S-E is known for her epic loading times at the whole Final Fantasy series.
You should really read the FAQ that is posted. It goes over a lot of info you are interested in knowing such as there is a dodge ability and there is reduced loading (only 4 total I believe it was - game only loads between chapters).

Gieralt said:
1. Change Geralt's look to a basic one, no ponytail.2. Bring some more characters from the books, like the famous child of destiny :p
1. Based from the books, Geralt had a headband. And do you have any idea how hard it is to do combat when you have long hair and don't have it in a ponytail? :p Besides in my opinion he looks much better now than in the Witcher... But i guess people never gonna get satisfied with his look. Which is sad, since the look of the maincharacter is everything in a game right?! ;D2. Bet some more will be introduced since they've already showed us some new characters from the book.I for one, want to see Leo Bonhart, which i find logically since he is an assassin and also a badass. (If he aswell as Geralt gets brought back from death that is)

Gieralt said:
2. Bring some more characters from the books, like the famous child of destiny :p
Was that an example or a suggestion? Because if it was the latter I’d like to remind you of Alvin :

Hello all,I am copy pasting this from my thread, somehow I missed this one. Sorry for creating a duplicate haha.My list: (yeah it was actually pretty hard to come up with this many haha)
- Smoother Movement: It might just be me but the movement in TW1 seemed a bit jerky. This could use some polish.- Camera view: It would be great to have another view added that centers Geralt and puts the aiming dot closer to the center of the screen. IE He would be centered but the dot would still be a little OTS. Otherwise he would block it haha.- Equipment: I know they are adding new equipment slots. I have a list of slots that most RPG/MMO games utilize. Yes I love equipping characters, it is an integral part of any RPG or MMO. I would like to see a wider variety of swords, which would require actual thought on which one to carry around.--- Main Slots: Head, Chest, Shoulders, Forearms, Legs, Feet--- Jewelry slots: Neck, 2 ring slots, 2 wrist slots, belt, 1 to 2 charm slots.- Fatalities: I am sure at some point in the TW1 everyone has been in the middle of a group of enemies, and you use Aard to stun someone, or simply by chance stun them and click once more to finish them off. Well what happens next is usually a long drawn out fatality sequence where you are still getting hit and perhaps even killed by the remaining enemies.--- My suggestion: I think there should be some sort of smart fatality system put in place so when you are surrounded, or even facing multiple opponents you perform quick finishers. Like slicing off a head, stabbing them in the throat. chopping them in half (oh man that would be sweet) stabbing them through the heart etc.- Drowners:please let us see less of them.- Signs: Please make all of them useful.- Cat vision or whatever it will be called now: That fishbowl blurred vision messed with my eyes and sometimes gave me a headache. Perhaps just change it to illuminate the area, without any special effects.- Minimap: Add more functionality to it, zoom in and out, change the size etc.- Potion brewing: Make it so you can create one potion or multiple potions at a time (more than one or click the max button to create as many as you can). Also, give you a separate bag where you can store your quest ingredients that you do not want to use by accident hehe.- Combat beginning before you can react: I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to be put into combat after a cutscene, after entering an area or getting up from meditating. I am not upset that I got attacked, it is the fact that I was unable to do anything for the first few seconds when I did. When you awake with an enemy nearby you should be able to skip the standing animation and leap up. I would also vote to not force the player into combat as soon as they enter a small confined area in which they are getting attacked before the screen loads. If the player has control a second before combat it should be fine, but being attacked without the chance of reacting is not good.
PETTY/SUPERFICIAL COMPLAINTS:- Less chatter: I am currently playing TW1: EE: DC. I am not sure if they intended to have every NPC say the same thing every minute or so, it gets kind of annoying.- More varied weather: To me it seemed like all it does is rain in TW1. It is good for atmosphere and everything, but it does lose its charm. The constant overcast sky is also bothersome.- Better looking water: It just looks terrible when in motion, either moving through it or watching it.
NEW FEATURES!!!: (which will probably never be implemented lol)- Throwing Knives: Enough said really, who doesn't want to use them? Hell one neat feature would be to have them display on Geralt's cross shoulder belt.- Dual Wielding: Perhaps limit this to two short swords, which would probably have to be a new weapon haha?- Dual Dagger Style: Give Geralt two boot daggers!- Piercing Style: I imagine this looking like holding two knives with the hilts resting on your index finger and thumb (sorry if there is actually a proper term for this). This style would be good against armored opponents with longer reach weapons, IE move in close to negate their reach advantage and there is no way to really fight well in close quarters with a larger weapon. The focus of this style is to penetrate heavier armors with your daggers.- Bleeding Style: I imagine this style looking like two knives with the hilts resting under your pinky (underhand grip???) This would be suited to opponents that are lightly armored wielding any weapons really, the focus of this style would be to cause bleeding wounds by striking at major arteries.- Better use of secondary weapons: Give him a basic combo with each one?- Staff style: Enable Geralt to use Staves. This would mainly be used for fighting groups of opponents, it has a long reach and is easy to swing in any direction.- Archery: Enable Geralt to use a bow aswell as talents that can enhance his skill.

Don`t know if it has been mentioned before and if so then my apologies but i would like to be able to name saved games

tommy5761 said:
Don`t know if it has been mentioned before and if so then my apologies but i would like to be able to name saved games
Yes!! It would be more useful when playing the game, and it would also be more useful when responding to requests for saved games. Which of those games labeled "Temple Quarter" is the one right before the autopsy? Arrgh!

adamcfrechette said:
- Signs: Please make all of them useful.- Cat vision (...) - Minimap: Add more functionality to it, zoom in and out, change the size etc.
It's been all taken care of. Watch the latest gameplays, they are all linked in the FAQ, which I suggest you to read carefully :) http://tw2.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=28407
adamcfrechette said:
- Throwing Knives: Enough said really, who doesn't want to use them? Hell one neat feature would be to have them display on Geralt's cross shoulder belt.- Dual Wielding: Perhaps limit this to two short swords, which would probably have to be a new weapon haha?- Dual Dagger Style: Give Geralt two boot daggers!- Staff style: Enable Geralt to use Staves. This would mainly be used for fighting groups of opponents, it has a long reach and is easy to swing in any direction.- Archery: Enable Geralt to use a bow aswell as talents that can enhance his skill.
Gotta be kiddin on those five :p Geralt is the witcher, a monster slayer, not some I'll-kick-your-asses punk. No chances that these things will appear in TW2.

Top Bottom