The witcher 3 | crash on loading

+
Hello all,

I’m not sure if I can ask for a solution here (if I can’t, pls move my thread into the right topic).
Tbh, I have an issue with The witcher 3 (PC version), I have almost 51 game hours and now, I can’t load my lastest save, I am stucked into the loading screen. I have several mods and I tought that the mods were a part of the problem but no, I deleted all the mods, it didn’t work. I tried to reinstall them (also to merge them) but it didn’t work too. I’ve seen that I’m not the only having that issue but I can’t find a solution. I really need help… (pls excuse my english)

my pc’s configuration :
Nvidia Geforce RTX3060 12Go LHR
Intel I5-11400 (2.6/4.4ghz 6-core)
Corsair vengeance LPX 2X8Go - 3000MHZ

Just a "stupid" question, on a new save without mod, it's also the same ?
Because I'm not an expert, but "only" removing/disabling mods won't mean that it's not a part of the problem... I suppose that mod datas/bug/issue can (unfortunately) remain in save files :(

Unfortunately it sounds a lot like a mod issue, as the game hasn't changed in years. As mentioned before, mods can leave traces in your save games and disabling mods won't necessarily fix the issue (sometimes a save game will remain broken). That's always a risk that comes with mods.

You could also look for mod folders that are still left in your TW3 folders and remove them manually. But other than that, a fresh installation (maybe in a different folder) and verify/repair (https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...ical/issue/649/verify-integrity-of-game-files) I'm running out of ideas...

Perhaps there are other save games that still work...

Top Bottom