The Witcher (3?) crashing before Visima.

+
Hello

My name is Arnaud 35. I am French

I loved the witcher series and I wanted to try the PC Game

I only have two statments to make, based on the prologue only, this game is really addictive, congratulations to every one...
UNhappily my PC crashes in the loading page before Vyzima and I dont know what to do...

Please help....

Thank you very much

Arnaud T.

Welcome Thread

OK, Ladies and Gentlemen. It’s highest time to liven up this board a little bit.First of all, I’d suggest all of us to introduce ourselves here. Some of you are on this board for quite some time, but I think such welcome topic will do us good in getting to know each other. You can also post some photos of yours here - if you wish of course.So, let me start. I’m Daerdin, and I’m a moderator of international part of The Official Witcher Board. It was Dziadu’s crazy idea to put me in such a role, so blame him ;) As maybe some of you know, I’m also the leader of The Witcher Guild at GameSpot. As a private person, I’m a teacher of English in junior high school and of course a big fan of the Witcher. OK, enough of me. Now it’s time for you.Once again welcome to our board and Long Live The Witcher!

Welcome! Please do clarify which game you're referring to.

That being said, a crash on loading a new area is usually a result of one of the following:

0.) Using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

1.) Try verifying your installation via GOG / Steam / Origin.

2.) Be sure the game is not installed under Program Files or Program Files(x86). Protected directories can cause issues with games. Install to the root of your drive, or a folder of your own creation on the root. For example:
C:\The Witcher 3\...
or
C:\MyRPGgames\The Witcher 3\...

3.) Make sure that the game is added to the exceptions list for any anti-virus or firewalls you may be using (including Windows default software). In the Properties section for the game's .exe, ensure that "Run as administrator" is ticked. Lastly, if on Windows 10, make sure that the ...Documents\The Witcher 3\... folder has its Permissions set to "Everyone".

4.) If using aggressive atni-virus (Norton, McAffee, Comodo, etc.) you may need to completely disable it before launching the game.

Top Bottom