The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Language availability

+
I don't have all languages?

Hello, bought TW3 and found out that for PS4 I'm limited to only 4 languages. I was under the impression all languages would be available. Were there any plans to bring all voiceover packs in a patch?

I see that it's intended that the West is limited to 4 VO's for consoles.

Will there be plans to sell the VO's as DLC maybe for console? I'd be okay with paying for Japanese VO's.

Otherwise I don't much like the English VO's and sorry to say while Polish is a much better overall experience, if I have to read text I'd prefer to listen to Japanese.

Hello all, just trying to get to the bottom of the language availability here...

For the selection of languages available in Witcher 3 this thread has stated that different languages are available depending on the country - i.e. United States does not have German available, while Germany does. However, no one has ever answered what defines the 'country'.

Are the languages/country defined by:
1. Install disc (i.e. US, or German copy of the game),
2. XBox One settings (region/language),
3. or Region of the Xbox Live account (which can be changed through the Microsoft account options website)

As background, I have a USA copy of the game but live in Switzerland. I would like to play the game in German. I have followed the instructions to uninstall the game, set my Xbox region/language to Germany/German (in the settings, not on my Live account), and to reboot and reinstall the game, but it does not make a difference. I still get the U.S. language options.

I also tried downloading the DE language pack but it stops at 100% and tells me the installation is stopped, which seems to be a common problem.

It would be nice to have one final answer.

Best wishes,
-Aaron

Hi all,

FYI - CDPR replied to my email with this:
The game version is connected to the disc that you have purchased, so even if your Xbox location is set to Germany.
That means that with an american disc it won't be possible to download the German Language Pack.

hi,

Does working for the Turkish language package

---------- Updated at 10:01 AM ----------

turkish ps4 player waiting turkish language package

Rubbish! I have EU Disc with ENG/POL/RUS voiceover and the installation of French and German don't work either.

Are you using a console or PC? PC should work, maybe you've had an installation error. But for the consoles I don't think it's possible to add new languages, I'm sorry to day.

Plese add a patch whith Portuguese or Brasilian language.... Im portuguese and i can´t play the game. Its stupid the game have a brasilian language and is not sold in portugal !!!!

Turkish language patch

We want to make the Turkish language patch the game. There are too many Turks who love this game as much as I do not mean us a simultaneous translation of human languages .We are the animal symbol of the Turkish Wolves.This is the most important factor to me my love him.this game no matter what the price structure of the Turkish patch and I will have a lot of people like me

There is anyway a chance to install on ps4 russian language pack on a copy bought in Canada? Thanks

I wouldn't bother, the Russian version is still unplayable after 5 months, and there's still no response on this issue from CDPR.

I feel very sympathetic towards the people complaining about the lack of localized languages in certain regions, mainly when the localization does not involve production costs because it was already produced for another region.

Indeed, the way clients/players are being treated is as if you distributed The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in the United Kingdom with the following languages: German, Italian, Spanish, Polish. The point is NOT including English localization when selling it to the English themselves would be a serious blow to the players and to CDPR itself. Why wouldn't a company make that particular mistake ever? For one, it's common sense and without common sense you're no better than a donkey. Then, it's about the market share, the United Kingdom has to have a substantial chunk of the European market share. In other words: Profit

Alienated players have committed 2 mistakes:
- The first mistake: assuming that a company cares about you. Neither CDPR nor any other company will ever care about players, not in the sense that players think they do. Companies will care about the general satisfaction of players for the quid pro quo, that is: "if players are generally happy then we will profit, if they are unhappy then we shall evaluate their degree of unhappiness against their collective value translated in market share - if they do not meet a certain threshold then... plough'em"; Sadly the truth, you do not matter to the gaming industry. What matters is the undeserved profit that you do not represent, which makes you a non-issue in the eyes of a company like CDPR.

- The second mistake: going console, you should never go console! In doing so you lose a great degree of freedom, in this instance had you had a PC you could have easily downloaded original language packs for the game and CDPR would be none the wiser. Consoles are the preferred market of the gaming industry because of greater profit margin, due to a wide range of variables, one of which is reduced piracy. I understand that, but the collateral is, as you have been made aware in this instance, you become a pawn at the mercy of distributor's will. Hell, the PC has a whole modding community behind it... even if there is no official localization for your language you can be sure that with enough willpower a fan version will eventually be released.

Once again, you have my sympathy.

Hi. I would like to ask that could someone make a Finnish subtitles this game seems to be the other languages whether too much to ask even if you could do to me? :)

In the version Uk there are Russian Czech Hungarian English Polish German French text only Italian no. It is no correct. How can I do? I am Italian and I live in UK and I think that is correct an additional language packs in Italian.

Top Bottom