The Witcher rated by ESRB and USK.

+
The Witcher rated by ESRB and USK.

CD Projekt RED informs that The Witcher has been rated by ESRB and USK.
ESRB (USA):

Rating: Mature

Descriptors:

Blood and Gore
Partial Nudity
Strong Language
Strong Sexual Content
Violence

USK (Niemcy):

Rating 16+

So, great news for the German gamers, you will be playing the full and uncensored version of The Witcher. No green blood this time!
European PEGI rating is still in pending.

MichaelT said:
Ok, is this the rating of the censored version or the fully uncensored one?
Concerning Germany - this is the rating for the uncensored version. As far as the US is concerned this is for the version with censored nudity.

It's a great pity to see the offending issues for the American rating :'(
FunkyMonk said:
USK (Niemcy):Rating 16+So, great news for the German gamers, you will be playing the full and uncensored version of The Witcher. No green blood this time!
yeeaaahhh
Yeaaaahbest news of the century​
to be certain, that also means no cut off finishing moves? o_O

Where did you get this informations ?I would like to know if my version will be uncensored too ! (The french one)How (where?) can I know this ?

The French rating is given by PEGI. Nothing about that for the moment (I just checked the website ;) )But, don't worry, I don't think we'll have a censored version. EDIT :- Where ? http://www.pegi.info/fr/index/- When ? Don't know ???

FunkyMonk said:
So, great news for the German gamers, you will be playing the full and uncensored version of The Witcher. No green blood this time!
the best news for germany :)thx

Any news for the rest of the europe , especially the rest of the english speaking world ?Also the american version will have a toggle-able censoring (something like parental control on/off) or you'd have no option of choosing it ?And finally do we have an ideea on the final release date ? The news say September 2007 but I've seen around the forum tossed around something like October...Damn if I haven't been waiting for this game for ages ;DThanks.

Shockedder said:
Any news for the rest of the europe , especially the rest of the english speaking world ?Also the american version will have a toggle-able censoring (something like parental control on/off) or you'd have no option of choosing it ?And finally do we have an ideea on the final release date ? The news say September 2007 but I've seen around the forum tossed around something like October...Damn if I haven't been waiting for this game for ages ;DThanks.
Greets!As far as is known right now, the UK edition will NOT be butchered (*ahem, "censored") at all (or so PRCD has stated). The US version WILL be and there will be no "option" for censored content (of course, I am pretty sure some "underground" mod will become available eventually). Yeah, I know it sucks...I have preordered mine from the UK to avoid it!What I have gotten from Game.co.Uk, the game has a release date of Oct. 26. ...and does seem like a long time, does it not? ;)

CD Projekt RED are going to make some sort of modding tool available. Considering how moddable Neverwinter Nights was (The Witcher is built on an updated version of its Aurora engine) it's very likely that a restoration mod could be made.

Witcher's Aurora uses absolutely new toolset - d'Jinny. But it should be even more powerful.about subj: congrats to Germany. +1 uncesored version of TW. :) Russia, Ukraine, Belorussia and countries of Baltic sea will have also uncensored version of the game.

Shockedder said:
Which countries specifically ?
I guess he means "The Baltic States" - Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. We usually get the same version as Russia / Belarus. It most likely means Starforce-protected disc, but i'd choose SF-protected game over censored or cut-out content.

A couple questions from the new guy.. 1st any chance that Atari will later offer an uncensored AO version available only from their site, much like what EA did (I think EA published it) with that uncensored version of the last Leisure Suit Larry? and 2nd can anyone tell me if the localization is the same amongst all the english speaking countries or do they localize it for each country? For example, if I were to preorder The Witcher from Great Britain would everyone in the game have english accents or american?

RGI said:
It most likely means Starforce-protected disc, but i'd choose SF-protected game over censored or cut-out content.
StarForce means a game is blacklisted for me, no matter how good. A publisher is also blacklisted. I remember refusing to review games for companies that used StarForce.

Meanwhile (finaly) Atari woke up and confirmed on their German Witcher board, that there won't be cut offs in the game....paaaardy 8) I never expected that.@ConnerMcFlyI don't think there will be a difference in the localisation British and American English. There was a discussion about that subject in the "Geralt's English dubbing" thread http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=1857.0 I don't remember the conclusion ;D

Top Bottom