The Withcer 3 save file lost

+
I opened The Witcher 3 game on steam as usual and clicked continue, It loaded a save from 2 days ago. I checked gamesaves folder and found out that only file from my latest save is an .png file and there is not .sav file.

Attachments

• CheckPoint_f49e1_7e65f000_550ac8c.png
    CheckPoint_f49e1_7e65f000_550ac8c.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 50
I opened The Witcher 3 game on steam as usual and clicked continue, It loaded a save from 2 days ago. I checked gamesaves folder and found out that only file from my latest save is an .png file and there is not .sav file.
Annoying :(
Can you check if your saves still in the cloud if you activated it ?
(could be a cloud sync issue)
Normally you should be able to access/see/download all your cloud files (saves included) here :
https://store.steampowered.com/account/remotestorage

Hi all,

I am having the exact same issue. I got the next gen version for the Witcher 3 (xbox series x). Played hundreds of hours, almost finished blood and wine and I played again just now after a 3-4 month break. There was a long update and now I've suddenly lost my save files. The only ones I still have left, are the ones in which I haven't completed the main story yet. What the heck CDPR?!

Hi all,

I am having the exact same issue. I got the next gen version for the Witcher 3 (xbox series x). Played hundreds of hours, almost finished blood and wine and I played again just now after a 3-4 month break. There was a long update and now I've suddenly lost my save files. The only ones I still have left, are the ones in which I haven't completed the main story yet. What the heck CDPR?!
It's likely something on the marketplace / console end that's not recognizing the existing saves. Be sure you've followed the steps outlined here, then send this in to CDPR Support if there's still an issue:

Hello.

I also face a similar issue.
I'm on a steam deck, with Steam cloud saves and CD Projekt 's cross saves / progression (occasional play on an Xbox).
The saved files folder show only png files for the last saves, there are no sav files.
It's the same on the steam cloud saves list (as one would expect I suppose : if they don't exist locally they can't be pushed to the cloud).
I played the deck on the go during the period where the saves are missing, with a bad internet connection.
I don't know what happened, but something went wrong. Either user error - me, or a bug on cloud saves - but I don't think steam would delete local files, or the game failed to write the sav files for some reason, even if the png are there?
Any advise would be appreciated. A big fix if there is one would be good.

Best.

PS : excellent game by the way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231212_225009_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20231212_225009_Edge.jpg
    872.7 KB · Views: 20
Top Bottom