The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geralt totally demanded she tell him everything. Even "the stuff you don't want to tell me". She would never tell him the stuff she did not want to had he not sat down with her and said "tell me everything". Geralt didn't bind her up and put a knife to her throat, of course, but the intention of the conversation was clear. He wants the most objective re-counting of past events (especially the stuff Triss wouldn't be pleased about telling him, ie Yen) that he can get, and since Triss claims to be his only love, he trusts her.

You do realize Geralt remembered Yennefer before that actual dialogue you are referring right?
Admittedly prly not what she meant to him exactly, but he remembers both of them dying and the island event to which Triss instantly says she believes she can magically restore his memory starting the rose questline)
But lets forget all that, what would at all be the point of Triss hiding it any longer while actually helping him recover his memory, its just nonsensical?
how can anyone even consider logical, that Geralt would "demand" to know something from a person "he trusts" and that is already helping him remember the very things you claim he is demanding to know...

like I said, dont want to argue over facts, if anyone is in the slightest bothered about this concrete issue, they should feel free to re-play the games or watch play-through videos to clear it out.

Apparently being bitchy and treating Geralt like shit qualifies as "mature"

---------- Updated at 05:19 PM ----------

well, Yen IS much older than Triss, but I suspect that people who are making the "mature" argument are mostly referring to the books, where Triss clearly shows confidence, determination and experience lacking issues that Yen simply doesnt have.
Yen deals with adversity much better than Triss for one, and trauma, and has enough confidence and determination to call the Lodge, namely Phillipa, on her BS, Triss didn't.

Tho Triss in the games outgrew all that, as shown with her questline and even her iron will when helping Geralt with Ciri.

ps: some people like "bitchy" :p
Common you gotta admit it can be quite charming, even if hard to cope/deal with it does work well with some people, and it clearly does with Geralt imo.

Last edited:
Your Geralt deserved it.

I dunno about that, I dumped her but she started getting up in my face for 'shagging' Triss for up to a year during the amnesia. She told me in Vizima she didn't want to hear that excuse so I just said I'm not gonna grovel.

Even when we're broken up she still thinks it isn't over, she's crazy.

You do realize Geralt remembered Yennefer before that actual dialogue you are referring right?
Admittedly prly not what she meant to him exactly, but he remembers both of them dying and the island event to which Triss instantly says she believes she can magically restore his memory starting the rose questline)
But lets forget all that, what would at all be the point of Triss hiding it any longer while actually helping him recover his memory, its just nonsensical?
how can anyone even consider logical, that Geralt would "demand" to know something from a person "he trusts" and that is already helping him remember the very things you claim he is demanding to know...

like I said, dont want to argue over facts, if anyone is in the slightest bothered about this concrete issue, they should feel free to re-play the games or watch play-through videos to clear it out.

You should take your own advice, because what you just wrote above doesn't make any sense and is not at all how it plays out in TW1 and TW2. You're mixing things up, got your chronology wrong and you're blatantly making things up. What you say does not line up with the actual facts at all.

(PS: This forum bug that keeps causing double-posts is frikkin' annoying.)

I thought Yen was a bitch too, until I finished the game and realized her relationship with Geralt is something only they can have, from the outside it looks one sided but the way she talks to Geralt and the way he responds is their own little game.

With that said I find it hard to believe the love of my life WOULDN'T look for me immediately after recovering her memories, which she said she did much quicker. When you ask Yen why she didn't look for you, her response is "I thought you would remember faster and find me first" and "And with your mutagens I knew you wouldn't be injured too badly". After that all I could think of is "Bitch what, I am not the Terminator but blood and bones. You never looked for me until the Emperor told you to find Ciri while I was labeled "The Kingslayer" and public enemy #1 that got into deadly situations over and over and coulda used your help."

Those scenes were written so poorly, for someone who can teleport wherever she wants Yen sure as hell didn't bother checking in on her beloved. "I thought you would be fine" seems like a lame excuse when I just escaped the Wild Hunt and am obviously in need of some assistance. Does that actually happen in the books? Geralt sacrifices her life for Yen, but when she finds out he is alive she just ignores it and hopes for the best? I can't believe that, seems like the developers just screwed up the dialogue, there were so many better ways to explain it all.

You should take your own advice, because what you just wrote above doesn't make any sense and is not at all how it plays out in TW1 and TW2. You're mixing things up, got your chronology wrong and you're blatantly making things up. What you say does not line up with the actual facts at all.

(PS: This forum bug that keeps causing double-posts is frikkin' annoying.)

you really should learn to let go m8.
there is clearly nothing productive that will come from our exchanges, why keep at it?

I thought Yen was a bitch too, until I finished the game and realized her relationship with Geralt is something only they can have, from the outside it looks one sided but the way she talks to Geralt and the way he responds is their own little game.

With that said I find it hard to believe the love of my life WOULDN'T look for me immediately after recovering her memories, which she said she did much quicker. When you ask Yen why she didn't look for you, her response is "I thought you would remember faster and find me first" and "And with your mutagens I knew you wouldn't be injured too badly". After that all I could think of is "Bitch what, I am not the Terminator but blood and bones. You never looked for me until the Emperor told you to find Ciri while I was labeled "The Kingslayer" and public enemy #1 that got into deadly situations over and over and coulda used your help."

Those scenes were written so poorly, for someone who can teleport wherever she wants Yen sure as hell didn't bother checking in on her beloved. "I thought you would be fine" seems like a lame excuse when I just escaped the Wild Hunt and am obviously in need of some assistance. Does that actually happen in the books? Geralt sacrifices her life for Yen, but when she finds out he is alive she just ignores it and hopes for the best? I can't believe that, seems like the developers just screwed up the dialogue, there were so many better ways to explain it all.

I actually agree with this, though as a book reader I could kinda see where Yen was coming from. To elaborate:

In the books, Geralt is an independent guy who likes to do things alone and on his own terms, especially when it concerns something personal to him. He frequently walked away from Yen because he needs some alone-time to figure his shit out on his own. Yen respects that and doesn't really meddle with his personal affairs all that much despite being his girlfriend. On top of that, Yen often felt like she had a bad influence on Geralt and that caused Yen to walk away from Geralt multiple times as well.

Based on this info, I figured Yen respected Geralt enough to figure his shit out on his own terms. On top of that he seemed to be quite happy with Triss and she didn't want to ruin that.

I mean what was Yen supposed to do? How do you think Yen should have handled it? Show up to an completely oblivious Geralt and say: "Hey Geralt, you might have forgot about me and it seems you're quite happy with Triss, but I'm actually your girlfriend, so better dump that Triss and come with me."? That would be ridiculous and totally out of character for Yen. Geralt would absolutely not respect such behavior either.

---------- Updated at 07:35 PM ----------

you really should learn to let go m8.
there is clearly nothing productive that will come from our exchanges, why keep at it?

And again, I suggest you take your own advice, "m8".

Last edited:
Even when we're broken up she still thinks it isn't over, she's crazy.

That's just bad writing on CDPR's part. They didn't really think the dump Yen / romance Triss option through, obviously because you're supposed to romance Yen. ;)

---------- Updated at 07:43 PM ----------

... I did m8, I was talking with other posters when:
you quoted me...

And I will keep quoting you as long as you keep presenting falsehoods as facts.

I actually agree with this, though as a book reader I could kinda see where Yen was coming from. To elaborate:

In the books, Geralt is an independent guy who likes to do things alone and on his own terms, especially when it concerns something personal to him. He frequently walked away from Yen because he needs some alone-time to figure his shit out on his own. Yen respects that and doesn't really meddle with his personal affairs all that much despite being his girlfriend. On top of that, Yen often felt like she had a bad influence on Geralt and that caused Yen to walk away from Geralt multiple times as well.

Based on this info, I figured Yen respected Geralt enough to figure his shit out on his own terms. On top of that he seemed to be quite happy with Triss and she didn't want to ruin that.

I mean what was Yen supposed to do? How do you think Yen should have handled it? Show up to an completely oblivious Geralt and say: "Hey Geralt, you might have forgot about me and it seems you're quite happy with Triss, but I'm actually your girlfriend, so better dump that Triss and come with me."? That would be ridiculous and totally out of character for Yen. Geralt would absolutely not respect such behavior either.
The romance is irrelevant, I am talking about Geralt in life or death situations where he could use Yen's help after being labeled a Kingslayer. She could just pop up and say she was just an old friend, let Geralt decide what he wanted to do after regaining his memories. Obviously Triss didn't mean much to him considering he dumper her after recovering his memories 6 months ago. Yen is the one he knew for 20 years. But apparently when Geralt is at his most vulnerable Yen decides to not look for him AFTER he sacrificed his life to save her and serve the Wild Hunt? Find all that hard to believe. He coulda died about 10 different times if not for random luck or the help of other friends, mutagens sure as hell weren't the main reason.

She shoulda found Geralt as soon as possible after remembering him, he too would have regained his memories after seeing her face, that's how strong their bond is. Instead she comes up with some horrible excuses like "I thought you would find me first", "Your mutagens would save you" and "You looked happy enough with Triss". Yea sure I just threw my life at the Wild Hunt to save you but when i need you the most you decide to ignore me, as Geralt himself said "You had mages and the Emperor helping you, I had no one".

Answer this, do you think Geralt would ignore Yen for months after regaining his memories? The answer is obvious,, he looked for her like a mad dog after remembering everything. While Yen was just chilling in Nilfgaard with no care for Geralt's well being.

And I will keep quoting you as long as you keep presenting falsehoods as facts.

wow!
what makes you think its your job to declare "facts"?
so much so that you feel that you should harass a poster that disagrees with you on what the actual facts are?

not satisfied with people having access to actual game or game footage? they can think for themselves m8.
Can we part on civilized terms or do we need to shun eachother forever by reporting and putting eachother in the ignore lists?

we disagree, can't be the first time it happens on a open forum, you don't get to "declare" yourself right anymore than I do, I presented the arguments and the evidence for what actually happened throughout the story is readily accessible for all to check if they care about this particular disagreement, can you not leave it at that?

Last edited:
The romance is irrelevant, I am talking about Geralt in life or death situations where he could use Yen's help after being labeled a Kingslayer. She could just pop up and say she was just an old friend, let Geralt decide what he wanted to do after regaining his memories. Obviously Triss didn't mean much to him considering he dumper her after recovering his memories 6 months ago. Yen is the one he knew for 20 years. But apparently when Geralt is at his most vulnerable Yen decides to not look for him AFTER he sacrificed his life to save her and serve the Wild Hunt? Find all that hard to believe. He coulda died about 10 different times if not for random luck or the help of other friends, mutagens sure as hell weren't the main reason.

She shoulda found Geralt as soon as possible after remembering him, he too would have regained his memories after seeing her face, that's how strong their bond is. Instead she comes up with some horrible excuses like "I thought you would find me first", "Your mutagens would save you" and "You looked happy enough with Triss". Yea sure I just threw my life at the Wild Hunt to save you but when i need you the most you decide to ignore me, as Geralt himself said "You had mages and the Emperor helping you, I had no one".

Answer this, do you think Geralt would ignore Yen for months after regaining his memories? The answer is obvious,, he looked for her like a mad dog after remembering everything. While Yen was just chilling in Nilfgaard with no care for Geralt's well being.

Honestly Geralt has been in tougher situations in the past and he managed just fine.

I agree though, Yen should have visited Geralt as soon as he returned. She didn't. That was a poor decision on her part or maybe poor writing on CDPR's part. Shit happens, nobody's perfect, least of all Yen.

Random fun fact: Triss in TW1 was actually supposed to be Yennifer. Only later in the development cycle did they decide to swap Yen with Triss, probably because they came up with a more interesting story for Yennifer.
If you pay attention to Triss's behavior and the things she says in TW1 you can clearly notice there are some Yennifer traits left in there. At the very least you should notice that Triss in TW1 is nothing like her book counterpart at all. If you consider that her part was originally written for Yen it all makes sense though.

Honestly Geralt has been in tougher situations in the past and he managed just fine.

I agree though, Yen should have visited Geralt as soon as he returned. She didn't. That was a poor decision on her part or maybe poor writing on CDPR's part. Shit happens, nobody's perfect, least of all Yen.

Random fun fact: Triss in TW1 was actually supposed to be Yennifer. Only later in the development cycle did they decide to swap Yen with Triss, probably because they came up with a more interesting story for Yennifer.
If you pay attention to Triss's behavior and the things she says in TW1 you can clearly notice there are some Yennifer traits left in there. At the very least you should notice that Triss in TW1 is nothing like her book counterpart at all. If you consider that her part was originally written for Yen it all makes sense though.
Yea this goes back to my point about everyone knowing about Yen/Ciri but not mentioning them, the developers obviously didn't plan for a third game with them. So Yen's excuses are more poor writing than one the character itself. Yen I got to know in the game would never just ignore Geralt for so long.

It's funny though, I was all Triss fuck Yen few days ago but after finishing the game I am now torn between them. Never have I seen such amazing 2 characters in a video game. I liked them so much i had to make an account here to discuss them further. Even after 240+ hours of Witcher 3 I feel so empty after finishing it. I want more of these 2 ladies.

Only other characters I liked so much were Garrus, Miranda and Wrex from Mass Effect. I hope CD Project continues their excellent work with future RPGs.

Yea this goes back to my point about everyone knowing about Yen/Ciri but not mentioning them, the developers obviously didn't plan for a third game with them. So Yen's excuses are more poor writing than one the character itself. Yen I got to know in the game would never just ignore Geralt for so long.

It's funny though, I was all Triss fuck Yen few days ago but after finishing the game I am now torn between them. Never have I seen such amazing 2 characters in a video game. I liked them so much i had to make an account here to discuss them further. Even after 240+ hours of Witcher 3 I feel so empty after finishing it. I want more of these 2 ladies.

Only other characters I liked so much were Garrus, Miranda and Wrex from Mass Effect. I hope CD Project continues their excellent work with future RPGs.

Well obviously they DID plan for Yen to return in TW3, as she is mentioned countless of times in TW2. But during the development cycle of TW1? No, they probably didn't think Yen's plot out yet at that point.

And I feel you man. I feel exactly the same way about TW3 and the characters in this game. While I was never really torn between Triss and Yen personally (Yen all the way, in all my playthroughs) I did find it every difficult to dump Triss and let her go to Kovir. She really grew on me by the time the 'Now or Never' quest happens.

Yennefer's a f*cking bitch. i wanted her to get naked and then have Geralt beat her up and tell her to get lost. why does she have to be so rude to him and why the hell didn't she contact him for over 2 years? she would've definitely heard about his memory loss and could've even spied on him if she gave a damn.

Triss is much cooler and prettier. though usually don't like reds.

Yennefer's a f*cking bitch. i wanted her to get naked and then have Geralt beat her up and tell her to get lost. why does she have to be so rude to him and why the hell didn't she contact him for over 2 years? she would've definitely heard about his memory loss and could've even spied on him if she gave a damn.

Triss is much cooler and prettier. though usually don't like reds.

lol, its just the way the character is, part of her charm :p
and ye she did know, tho CDPR made no dialogue or events clearing up the whys and hows of Yennefer's action after getting her memory back.

Last edited:

I don't really understand what you're arguing. Triss did not want to tell him more about Yen. Geralt said he wanted her to. She did, although would not have had he not asked her to. What is it that is in dispute here, exactly?

It doesn't matter if it's logical, Geralt sat Triss down and asked her to tell him everything. And just because Geralt has an idea of who Yen is doesn't mean he knows all the facts - ergo, why he had Triss lay it all out for him.

What is concrete that we are arguing over? That Triss didn't want to spill the beans about Yen and Ciri, or the definition of the word demanded? Because it's said in dialogue that he pretty much makes her say everything and trusts that she's told him all.

I don't really understand what you're arguing. Triss did not want to tell him more about Yen. Geralt said he wanted her to. She did, although would not have had he not asked her to. What is it that is in dispute here, exactly?

It doesn't matter if it's logical, Geralt sat Triss down and asked her to tell him everything. And just because Geralt has an idea of who Yen is doesn't mean he knows all the facts - ergo, why he had Triss lay it all out for him.

What is concrete that we are arguing over? That Triss didn't want to spill the beans about Yen and Ciri, or the definition of the word demanded? Because it's said in dialogue that he pretty much makes her say everything and trusts that she's told him all.

exactly what I said in the previous exchange.
There was never a "demand", Triss always volunteered the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom