Thoughts on influencers/youtubers being NPCs in the game

+

Are you OK with having youtubers in the game as NPCs and having quests tied to them?

• Yes.

• No.

• Should be smaller easter egg like the farting trolls in Witcher 3.

• Don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's not an unpopular opinion at all. I can see it from a PR perspective, get more people to speak highly and positively about this game by putting them in it. I'm curious to see what actual value it brings to have these people in the game. Just today I found out that Alanah Pierce is in it. What does she, or any of the other invited internet "celebrities", have to do with Cyberpunk?

Edit: For the record, I don't care if they're included in the game or not. I just see it as purely PR at this point, not having played the game yet.
i can completely see it from marketing standpoint like lets be real these youtubers/streamers will get you alot of sales and as you said i doubt they will criticize the games that they are in,but sadly i kind of feel that its a little bit ironic that all these talks about how much they are focusing on immersion and how much it means to them in this game and they do the number 1 thing that breaks immersion,if they were easy to ignore as in not having content around them like the examples i mentioned earlier it would have been fine,but having me doing side quests for youtubers/streamers and shoving them in my face is what bothers me about it.

No. I like her content but I'd rather just not have any youtubers in the game.
double.jpg

Guest 4370669

No.

I'll replace them all with a dancing To(a)st.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its cool. Dont see anything wrong with it. Read through this thread and it seems the only argument against it is that they might have bad voice acting, other than that seems people just personally feel it could be immerision breaking for some reason or cringe.

So yeah I cant see why cdpr shouldnt do this if they want to.

E-Also thought id say, because of many people commenting they dont want this to mean cdpr putting in any other "real world" stuff, of course this game is going to have scenarios where it has commentary on real world politics and issues. this is cyberpunk.

Last edited:
having me doing side quests for youtubers/streamers and shoving them in my face is what bothers me about it.

That's where, on first impressions of the news, I'm totally at. I would much rather things like that come up organically through a playthrough. If I don't know who they are when I meet them then they're just another NPC to me and I'm free from prejudice. Now however, I have lots of thoughts going through my head before I even play the game that will potentially taint my enjoyment of those (albeit and admittedly) short side quests.

I would much, much rather have Mike and Cody Pondsmith in the game. Not only are they responsible for this universe, but they're fantastic at delivering a story.

I like Alanah Pierce but as the previous youtubers I hate she is in this game.
First of all she isn't an actor so she is taking work away from an actual actor who actually can perform (so it's a huge downgrade in quality).
But worse this is an amazing fictional world that plays in 2077 and you find it riddled with youtubers from 2020. They have no place here and will take you out of the experience. It happened with Dead Stranding and it's happening here. It's sad CDPR felt the need to get these tubers to fill the game, does it mean they are insecure and think we need this, I can't think of any other reason. Can we get an option to turn this non-sense off?

I like Alanah's voice so I could see it working. I'll wait to see the results before judging.

This is NOT what you should be prioritizing for any of your games, much less Cyberpunk. This is not why people buy your games, this is not why people have bought your games in the past. Stop cutting content, and most certainly, stop doing whatever this is.

Attachments

• 1600392618707.png
    1600392618707.png
    774.3 KB · Views: 326
This is NOT what you should be prioritizing for any of your games, much less Cyberpunk. This is not why people buy your games, this is not why people have bought your games in the past. Stop cutting content, and most certainly, stop doing whatever this is.
Hey bro, I think they're just having fun. Just saying. :shrug:
Edit: I re-read that again, Ah okay so Alanah is one of the people in the CDPR dev team right or am I mistaken?, a search turns up that's she's a writer for rooster teeth? Didn't rooster teeth do that funny halo parody series red vs blue with the silly caboose character? That was really funny back then. She's an in game character? Looks like she might be a really secret scrap parts for weapons/ammo/cars dealer in cyberpunk. That's kinda cool I guess. I mean, drive over and buy/sell some parts and stuff. I think it's good that she's actually a voice actor in real life, so it's probably gonna be decent quality I think, right?

Can you explain the concern?

Fun facts: cool stuff Alanah has been in:
I like how she is passionate about voice acting video games. If someone is going to be in Cyberpunk2077, I'm glad that they actually care about it, and have passion for it. That's a big deal to me.
Sounds pretty good to me actually. Hopefully she has some good dialogue in Cyberpunk2077. I do like her voice.

The only thing I can complain about, if I had to offer any criticism is that I really love Alanah's silver hair. I do not particularly feel that that intense purple area near the top I guess "resonates" with the rest of the character, and neither do the blue and pink/purple cybernetic parts. I feel like she should go full silver hair and cybernetics that complement her hair and her hair's color. Just my friendly opinion and feedback.

Last edited:
Hey bro, I think they're just having fun. Just saying. :shrug:
Edit: I re-read that again, Ah okay so Alanah is one of the people in the CDPR dev team right or am I mistaken?, a search turns up that's she's a writer for rooster teeth? Didn't rooster teeth do that funny halo parody series red vs blue with the silly caboose character? That was really funny back then. She's an in game character? Looks like she might be a really secret scrap parts for weapons/ammo/cars dealer in cyberpunk. That's kinda cool I guess. I mean, drive over and buy/sell some parts and stuff. I think it's good that she's actually a voice actor in real life, so it's probably gonna be decent quality I think, right?

Can you explain the concern?

Fun facts: cool stuff Alanah has been in:
Sounds pretty good to me actually. Hopefully she has some good dialogue in Cyberpunk2077. I do like her voice.

For me, it's not so much a problem with the quality of the youtuber's voice acting (although this can be a problem), but a problem with immersion. CDPR references immersion and how important it is to be immersed in the world, and yet puts as many youtubers, streamers, and IRL personalities in the game as possible. When you run into someone in the game whom you know is a real person living in 2020, does it not completely shatter the immersion of living in 2077?

Have they announced which life path Pewdiepie's quest is in?

Last edited:
For me, it's not so much a problem with the quality of the youtuber's voice acting (although this can be a problem), but a problem with immersion. CDPR references immersion and how important it is to be immersed in the world, and yet puts as many youtubers, streamers, and IRL personalities in the game as possible. When you run into someone in the game who you know is a real person living in 2020, does it not completely shatter the immersion of living in 2077?

Have they announced which life path Pewdiepie's quest in is?

Maybe you'll meet Ninja. As an actual Arasaka Ninja. Literally, why not now?

For me, it's not so much a problem with the quality of the youtuber's voice acting (although this can be a problem), but a problem with immersion. CDPR references immersion and how important it is to be immersed in the world, and yet puts as many youtubers, streamers, and IRL personalities in the game as possible. When you run into someone in the game who you know is a real person living in 2020, does it not completely shatter the immersion of living in 2077?

Have they announced which life path Pewdiepie's quest in is?
I do agree with some of your concerns, and if pewdiepie was in the game I would probably be really upset..... Unless CDPR did a REALLLY good job with them. If CDPR does things like this in an incredibly well done and tasteful way, and they impress with it, then I would be like "yea I guess I accept this, because it's so well done that I actually can't force myself to dislike it" You know what I mean? :shrug:
edit: I'm just letting you know that the my post you quoted was still under construction. I think I'm done editing my post now. If you like, you can read the finished version. Just saying.
Maybe you'll meet Ninja. As an actual Arasaka Ninja. Literally, why not now?
I don't understand, can you elaborate further? (Is ninja a person in 2020?)

I do agree with some of your concerns, and if pewdiepie was in the game I would probably be really upset..... Unless CDPR did a REALLLY good job with them. If CDPR does things like this in an incredibly well done and tasteful way, and they impress with it, then I would be like "yea I guess I accept this, because it's so well done that I actually can't force myself to dislike it" You know what I mean? :shrug:
edit: I'm just letting you know that the my post you quoted was still under construction. I think I'm done editing my post now. If you like, you can read the finished version. Just saying.

If she is a good voice-actor, then CDPR could get her to voice a character in the game and add her to the credits with the other voice actors. This would not be so immersion-breaking.

If she is a good voice-actor, then CDPR could get her to voice a character in the game and add her to the credits with the other voice actors. This would not be so immersion-breaking.
I mean, I guess there are many ways that I agree with you, but I guess I would also still be willing to see them if it's done in a really good way. I guess fear is the biggest driving factor here. I am also very scared that seeing a bunch of people from 2020 walking around inside of Cyberpunk in 2077 will shatter the immersion for me, but then of course there's Keanu Reeves as Johnny Silverhand. I guess the main reason why I feel that wont shatter my immersion is the fact that such a good job seems to have been done for Keanu Reevs/Johnny Silverhand that I am able to actually temporarily forget its Keanu Reeves and really "FEEL" the Johnny Silverhand. It's done so skillfully and tastefully that I am able to not just overlook it, but also enjoy it. Then again, I am also a fan of Keanu Reeves, which plays a factor I'm sure. So It's not so simple.

So really I guess, Fear or No fear, It all depends on how CDPR does it.

When you run into someone in the game whom you know is a real person living in 2020, does it not completely shatter the immersion of living in 2077?

Hopefully they don't break character and inject real world issues into CP2077. I think that is one of the main reasons why people were on the fence about this. Keanu Reeves being Johnny Silverhand wasn't really an issue, because well everyone likes Reeves. He also fits the role very well. It's when you start getting other famous actors into the game, and people start questioning if they should be in it or not.

Hopefully they don't break character and inject real world issues into CP2077. I think that is one of the main reasons why people were on the fence about this. Keanu Reeves being Johnny Silverhand wasn't really an issue, because well everyone likes Reeves. He also fits the role very well. It's when you start getting other famous actors into the game, and people start questioning if they should be in it or not.
This is not an immersion killer. This is the immersion DEATH STAR.

Top Bottom