Thronebreaker question on rows

+
I just started Thronebreaker, and I noticed that there are 2 rows instead of the 3 in the Witcher 3 gwent. Are units still classified into melee and ranged, and hence limited to the rows the can deploy to? If not then what's the tactical reason to deploy on either row?

I'm new to this version of gwent, methinks I'll have to unlearn a lot of gwent concepts and strategies I picked up from Wild Hunt.

Units can be deployed on either row, some actually care if units are on either row.
I do not remember if there are Melee or Ranged locked abilities in Thronebreaker.
There is also a 9 unit row cap, so you also need to keep that in mind.

I'm new to this version of gwent, methinks I'll have to unlearn a lot of gwent concepts and strategies I picked up from Wild Hunt.

It's a completely different game, sharing only some of the basic fundamentals. To make matters worse more difficult, Thronebreaker's mechanics are also outdated compared to Gwent Online. Also, some of the mechanics are unique to Thronebreaker. So, it's best you regard it as three different games:
1. Gwent Original
2. Gwent Thronebreaker
3. Gwent Online

There is also a 9 unit row cap, so you also need to keep that in mind.

Not in Thronebreaker. Or did I remember incorrectly?

I'm pretty sure there is a row limit like that. It's been a while, but I do remember running into row problems with some decks, especially with that pirate deck.

Yes, there's a limit. I'm fairly sure it's nine.
I ran up against the issue of full rows several times.

Top Bottom