To all the bored people of Gwent!

+
To all the bored people of Gwent!

Since there is nothing much left to take seriously after the last patch, I decided to have fun in Casual mode with meme decks until the bugs are less and balance is better. Tryhard people are very common in Casual mode and when you beat them with a meme card It's a 5 mins laugh and giggles. Even if you don't, watching their struggle to beat your totally ridiculous deck is worth playing for.

I want all the fed up people to unite and try this challenge to have some real fun.

Whatever faction you play:

• Your leader must be the RNG one which is one of the following: Usurper, Filavandrel, Adda, Whispering Hillock
  • Your gold slots must consist Uma's Curse, Shupe, Avallac'h: Sage and Gaunter O'Dimm
  • Your silver slots must have Runestone, Dorregaray, Black Blood
  • Doppler is a must and rest of the bronzes are whatever the hell you want. Just be careful not to have any duplicates. We don't wanna brick Shupe!
If you don't have all the cards don't worry. Using even 3-4 meme cards is guaranteed fun. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Another glorious example:

-I have CA at R3, got Uma and Shupe at hand, frost on opponents side thanks to Sage'd Caranthir
-Uma creates Kambi
-Opponent passes
-Kambi goes off in frost
-The only unit on board charmed by Shupe.
-Forfeit

Seriously guys you should give it a try.:cheers:

altaybek;n10132172 said:
Seriously guys you should give it a try.

I did and Shupe failed me every single time, if my opponent has 1 big card and i play Shupe mage, it's guaranteed that i won't get the charm option. I don't know if it's something on my account or i'm just unlucky but it's not funny anymore.

My problem with Shupe is that his effects are suited for wildly different scenarios and this doesn't work in an RNG format.

Iuliandrei;n10132462 said:
I did and Shupe failed me every single time, if my opponent has 1 big card and i play Shupe mage, it's guaranteed that i won't get the charm option. I don't know if it's something on my account or i'm just unlucky but it's not funny anymore.

My problem with Shupe is that his effects are suited for wildly different scenarios and this doesn't work in an RNG format.

Dude you're doing it wrong. Don't try to win at all. When it says "charm a random enemy" and enemy has only 1 strong unit that can win the game, you go for it. Leave your competitive soul behind...

altaybek;n10132502 said:
Dude you're doing it wrong. Don't try to win at all. When it says "charm a random enemy" and enemy has only 1 strong unit that can win the game, you go for it. Leave your competitive soul behind...

What i'm saying is that whenever i play Shupe with a particular ability in mind, i NEVER get that ability as a choice, and yes including this specific "charm a random enemy" scenario a couple of times.

Iuliandrei;n10132552 said:
What i'm saying is that whenever i play Shupe with a particular ability in mind, i NEVER get that ability as a choice, and yes including this specific "charm a random enemy" scenario a couple of times.

That's why RNG is there. You lose 60% of the time yet you have chance to have fun 100% more in that remaining 40% :victory:

Someone used Ciri Nova twice with me. I thought it was a bug until I realized they could've gotten an extra one using Uma's Curse.

Abdude;n10135792 said:
Someone used Ciri Nova twice with me. I thought it was a bug until I realized they could've gotten an extra one using Uma's Curse.

Four Ciri: Novas is possible too:

1. Ciri: Nova
2. Uma
3. Avallac'h: The Sage
4. Johnny

Realistically speaking, too much RNG for that to happen.

What are you guys planning for this evening? For those with no celebration plans how about we do the rng fiesta friendly tournament with the deck rules similar to above?
Basically everyone has to do its best(their collection allowing )to "create" an unpredictable rng deck. Leaders above preferred but not a must.

We could do it by designating one player as a hub. Everyone adds him as a friend ingame by let's say by 20:00 CET(or some other time) and he than distributes the names to all players so everyone adds everyone who want to participate in the fiesta. We challenge each other round robin style and see what crazy s we can do.

Later we can post screenshots and chat here about results. Whaddya think?

I thought I'd give this a go... have to say that I've had some interesting match ups.

I was using the NR Cursed variant of this deck (with a gold change as I didn't have enough scraps to create Gaunter) so I stuck Priscilla in instead as she's a card that I got in a random keg a couple of days ago and have never seen used at all, plus a deck's worth of random stuff.

It's.... a totally different way of playing; mulligan doesn't mean so much as each card is unique, so there's no point fishing for that extra siege tower (or whatever) to strengthen, so I pretty much went with what I was given from the off and only mulliganed out cards in R2/3 that had no value like spells/alchemy cards and such.

Favourite game so far was a draw with 2 power Olgeird as my only card on board at end of R3 - oppo has zero cards on his board as I'd been blatting them with Thunder and Thunder/Dethmold which he'd removed too, so it came down to his last card. He played Ithlinne and Thundered Olgeird into oblivion.... then there's this looooooooong pause as the guy realises that he has to Thunder Ithlinne as well else his turn is never going to end.... I'm pretty sure the guy could hear me laughing through the internet.

You do have to not give a toss whether you win or lose though; I'd say win/loss ratio was about 40/60 - with a couple of draws too.

But fun? I've sent Shupe on so many adventures; particularly like the one where he creates a random hazard on every row of oppo's board. I don't think I've seen an oppo wait so long (or probably be so confused) as he gets hit with Frost, Skellige Storm and Pit Trap all at once and half of his deck of Monster spawn units just disappear. Fun times :)

Last edited:
This is great thread! I've made a Shupe deck and added as many "create" or "random draw" cards as I have available to choose from. Unfortunately I don't have all of the possibilities, but I have enough for a crazy enough deck.

You're not wrong there are some pretty tryhard people in the casual mode, I nearly always get matched with someone ranked/leveled much higher than me. So beating them with this deck is always good. I had one guy who had a deck I quite liked, it was a swarm Termeria deck, which finished with Yennefer Unicorn, and then Foltest. Luckily Uma comes to save the day (my 2nd last card) with Geralt Igni. 3x 9 point cards on row gone, 32 point swing to me. Last card was Shupe, which in the end was a simple duel required to win. I didn't expect a gg from the other player, and I didn't get one!

This was the first time i'd used Gaunter, man what a crap card! Though it's great for this deck. I have never successfully picked the right option.
Can someone explain how it is supposed to work though. As when I select my choice, and it's wrong, it still shows me the card. I think this is fine as you know what you could have had. But my main question is really, from what pool of cards is Gaunter picking from? Cause it certainly ain't cards from my deck! Is it the opponents deck? Or from every available card in Gwent? One time I "missed out" on being able to play a 4 point foglet - wow!

MU24bmw;n10139492 said:
Can someone explain how it is supposed to work though
It's not. After the patch it is the single most stupid gold card in the game. It's choice pool is literally ALL the cards. other factions, leaders, everything.

MU24bmw;n10139492 said:
[SNIP] This was the first time i'd used Gaunter, man what a crap card! [/SNIP]

Uma gave me a choice and Gaunter was one of them in one of the games I played earlier. I took Gaunter (because... why not, right?) and I chose 'higher than 6'. He showed me Whispering Hillock (5str) and so I lost. Neither I or oppo were playing Monsters, so I'm guessing he selects from the entire Gold card base; giving you a 1pt Elven Merc bronze (for example) off the back of playing a gold card would be... harsh to say the least - even more so if you weren't playing ST.

I do think I got one guy to rage quit earlier though; he was playing NG reveal and I used Avallach:Sage in R1 and got to use his Geralt:Igni against him (not much of a points swing, but I think he was like... wtf? as he knew I didn't have any other gold cards in my hand and there was a long pause after I'd used it... you can see him mouse over the Avallach card and read up on it - he took the entire length of the timer to make his next play) and then in R3 Shupe gave me a 'Charm a random enemy' and it pulled my spy that he'd buffed up to 17pts back to my deck and I won by.... 13pts. He quit immediately and I didn't get a GG.... :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom