To CDPR: Can we please have a console command for light rain?

+
To CDPR: Can we please have a console command for light rain?

Hello great folks from CDPR,
As we all know this is still a thing:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=w...57.4427j0j1&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/702760-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/71859925

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR2FqmrYQvQ (apparently the PS4 had/has it as well...)

And restarting the game re-triggers the rain drops, but removes the clouds (at least for some people like me, so either way it's broken), so the only way to have actually working rain is to use the console command "makeitrain". But that a rain storm, and the game is phenomenal when there's a light afternoon rain, which means either be hardcore as f*** and not die or try not to get pissed at this pretty obvious glitch and play with it.

So in short: if there's a way to "spawn" light rain through a command and you add it, it will be a great temporary solution for a lot of us. I will be praying to the Eternal Fire you see this thread and actually do something about it.

Umbasa.

Last edited:
U crazy this is NOT NEXT GEN ...

I would like to have a command that removes the rain drops on the CAMERA LENS
That removes the dirt and sand from the CAMERA LENS
MAke a DLC where the camera man wipe the lens and make it clean (SO NEXT GEN)
FIX the god damn rain and stop saying you can't recreate the glitch while 90% of the pc gamers have it( including me )

I'm positive they know about this, I've personally sent them game save files and video of it. I'm sure many other have as well.

If they are still not able to solve the issue, they are not going to announce anything. That's fairly obvious, and standard op with patching.

OP's idea is not a bad one, but I believe they are trying to fix the entire issue here, not just make shortcuts.

I would like to have a command that removes the rain drops on the CAMERA LENS
That removes the dirt and sand from the CAMERA LENS

besides the rage post, I do agree with this. There is no point at all in having dirt in camera lens as of chroma aberration or vignete...

I'm positive they know about this, I've personally sent them game save files and video of it. I'm sure many other have as well.

If they are still not able to solve the issue, they are not going to announce anything. That's fairly obvious, and standard op with patching.

OP's idea is not a bad one, but I believe they are trying to fix the entire issue here, not just make shortcuts.

I am most certain they will get to this, but I am just proposing a quick fix - if that's not too hard for them at the moment. Cannot imagine them leaving such an obvious issue unfixed forever (no, I am not challenging you, CDPR! :D )

I think they don't even know the rain bug ,despite every players expreience the bug thet the rain drop is missing after load game

pointless discussion - its a DEBUG console for developers,. They arent going to add a "feature" to the goddamn DEBUG console for people to use as though its supposed to be part of the game.

its a DEVELOPER CONSOLE FOR DEBUGGING.

pointless discussion - its a DEBUG console for developers,. They arent going to add a "feature" to the goddamn DEBUG console for people to use as though its supposed to be part of the game.

its a DEVELOPER CONSOLE FOR DEBUGGING.

That could very easily have been blocked or removed from the game completely. But instead, players have access to it via the press of a single key.

Developers will normally only restrict info on console commands if they can introduce instability or cause irreparable damage to the game's state in some way.

@gtabro1337,

I wouldn't worry all that much about the issue. It seems that the game just gets all sorts of confused when it needs to load from save files. I get it every time I reload in a rainy area, so we can be sure that it's the way the game is programmed. That's a good thing -- recreatable bugs are much easier to find and fix.

If we assume the rain is not dynamically created by the engine (even if it is, this should still be possible the process is just different but equally as easy) the rain opacity can just be changed slightly as I would suspect the opacity setting being too high for lighter rain and it needs to be a bit more opaque. Easy peasy fix if thats the case.

GetRainStrength
RainStarted
RainEnded
Rain handler (case issue? both exist)
Rain Handler (case issue? both exist)
RainReactionEvent

OnRainStarted
OnRainEnded

m_wasraining
m_ratioWhenRaining
m_blendInFromRain
m_blendOutFromRain
m_rainReactionsEnabled
m_rainDropsParticleSystem
m_rainSplashesParticleSystem
m_rainEventParams
m_fxSkyRain
m_fxSkyRainAlpha
ECG_FX_SkyRain

rain_shelter
rain_intensity
rain_shelter_man
rain_shelter_woman
rain_shelter_child
rain_shelter_dwarf

PVDT_Rain
MEVT_RainStrength
MVF_ParticleBilboardRain (typo?)

CEvaluatorFloatRainStrength
CParticleDrawerRain
CRainActionPointSelector
CSpawnTreeInitializerRainHandler

GwintEffect_PickRainCard (lulz)
CP_PICK_RAIN_CARD

seems as if the rain effect is set on spawn, not loading a game.

anyways, those are all the strings i could find dealing with rain, there's what appears to be a stack/function after that, but can't make sense of it.

i don't use console anyways. in any case, some of those are functions, some are cvars, others members vars, and yet others are event handlers, then there's some graphics stuff too. so use at your own risk.

Last edited:
That could very easily have been blocked or removed from the game completely. But instead, players have access to it via the press of a single key.

Developers will normally only restrict info on console commands if they can introduce instability or cause irreparable damage to the game's state in some way.

@gtabro1337 ,

I wouldn't worry all that much about the issue. It seems that the game just gets all sorts of confused when it needs to load from save files. I get it every time I reload in a rainy area, so we can be sure that it's the way the game is programmed. That's a good thing -- recreatable bugs are much easier to find and fix.

Could have been blocked? It was blocked until a player modded it back in.

CDPR made a thread saying "if you use this, dont whine when it breaks"

I think its safe to say they arent going to be adding anything that requires the console as a "feature" at this point.

Could have been blocked? It was blocked until a player modded it back in.

CDPR made a thread saying "if you use this, dont whine when it breaks"

I think its safe to say they arent going to be adding anything that requires the console as a "feature" at this point.

You are correct sir -- I forgot it was mod-enabled.

Still, CDPR is absolutely correct in what they said. Any time you make an unofficial alteration to a game, you accept full responsibility for anything that happens afterward. True of all modding for any game.

Features will never be added as console commands if they're official. (Some indie titles handle it this way, but not AAA companies like CDPR. Too much legality to worry about.)

seems as if the rain effect is set on spawn, not loading a game.

anyways, those are all the strings i could find dealing with rain, there's what appears to be a stack/function after that, but can't make sense of it.

i don't use console anyways. in any case, some of those are functions, some are cvars, others members vars, and yet others are event handlers, then there's some graphics stuff too. so use at your own risk.

If the rain is being spawned dynamically as a particle effect (which in itself is a bit dodgy due to inherent particle spawn lag) then the problem may well be with the DLL handling the CPU threads where the command for the rain effect is getting stalled in the pipeline in some cases. Again, its all educated guesswork though without being able to get hands on more with the creation kit or something. I'd greatly love CDPR to stop with the freaking DLC and fix issues like this first a buggy game is worse than no game at all due to the frustrations it causes.

.... I'd greatly love CDPR to stop with the freaking DLC and fix issues like this first a buggy game is worse than no game at all due to the frustrations it causes.

Without being sarcastic, it seems like that's exactly what they're doing.

I reserve praise until a full changelog at least is available, patch 1.07 from what I know isn't the patch to fix it all like people think a lot of it is just a bunch of artwork and misc stuff the patch itself may just be around 500MB or so which will definitely clear up some of the bugs but I'm finding it more and more suspicious that a lot of the major complaints people have there is no word on at all....

I reserve praise until a full changelog at least is available, patch 1.07 from what I know isn't the patch to fix it all like people think a lot of it is just a bunch of artwork and misc stuff the patch itself may just be around 500MB or so which will definitely clear up some of the bugs but I'm finding it more and more suspicious that a lot of the major complaints people have there is no word on at all....

The full changelog has been up on Steam and online for a week now. Here

It's not just about artwork and being able to craft hot dogs with spare runestones. It's about bug-squashing, listening to feedback, and implementing whatever they can to polish the game up. And introducing brand new problems. :X That's game development.

Last edited:
Top Bottom