To Mod or Not to Mod.. That is the question?

+
I believe that with most games MODDER's will save them. Look at Assetto Corsa or IL-2 1946 (16yrs old now), they are still going strong. Battlefield survived mostly because of Project Reality. Look at ArmA III too. It's almost 8 years old. I am for MOD's all the way.

I'd love to see the cars, weapons and apparel creators come up with. I would however like to see the content voted on by the community and very specific quality guidelines adhered to like the game Warframe.

I mean look at what this guy did with my Model of the USMC Ultra AP I made 15 years ago: https://www.behance.net/gallery/65913549/ULTRA_AP

Here is a pic of what he used. It's still on Turbosquid if any MODDER's are here: https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/ultra-ap-max-free/418753

b1e2ec65913549.5b0d436e57817(1).jpg

Since the modders do a lot of what CDPR should have done, you would be foolish not to use mods...
for what for get more panam, more judy? i use mods only for weapons, armour added gameplay (quest, entirely new worlds, Enderal is an example) game tweaks and so on, but knowing the modding comunity for almost i think 10 years (maybe more) now they will be more likely focused on third person, panam and judy

Last edited:
do yourself a favor and get the map mod... trust me you gonna love that. The map mod is one of the best mods i have ever seen because it made like the driving.. I have no idea what in the hell CD project were doing. It just blows my mind of how so many easy tweaks this game is missing..
It make me wonder as well why these things ain't in the game at launch, I mean everyone at CDPR that have played CP during testing, must have driven like we all do, having to break in the very last second or driving pass.. and yet it requires a modder, in a fairly short period of time, without access to the code or how they make these mods, to fix it. One would assume that if a random person can do it so fast, it shouldn't take CDPR long to implement a "real" solution.

Even a lot of the stuff, people are fixing just in the config files.. :)

I'm also on PC. I snagged a mod at nexusmods to get rid of that bleeping vignetting that appeared when crouched! Yea! And for only the second time ever (PC gaming since '86) I also got a reshade mod that I like to alter the vanilla CP 2077 game world colors.

As others have noted above, modding allows the gamer to fine tune the game to THEIR taste/s; adding features thought to be lacking, or removing/modifying disliked features.

And.......................mods aren't like cutting off your hands for Gorilla Arms....................they're not forever. If you get tired of it/them; just uninstall the darn thing/s.

As DLC and patches are released; we'll (PC Gamers) will be able to easily acclimate to those by installing updated mods to taste, or deleting mods we no longer want or that don't work with the DLC/patches.

So, GET OUT THERE AND START MODDING damnit! ;)

It make me wonder as well why these things ain't in the game at launch, I mean everyone at CDPR that have played CP during testing, must have driven like we all do, having to break in the very last second or driving pass.. and yet it requires a modder, in a fairly short period of time, without access to the code or how they make these mods, to fix it. One would assume that if a random person can do it so fast, it shouldn't take CDPR long to implement a "real" solution.

Even a lot of the stuff, people are fixing just in the config files.. :)
Yeah but thats the thing.. why are soo many little things overlooked. I really wanna know cause it feels like they "finished" the game end of november and just deleting things after that.. there are things that if they release all the tools WHICH THEY WONT id fix a lot of the things.. me.. cuz i can see things that i feel that i can fix.. I think the devs do not have the freedom anymore to even tell their ideas. And for me that is scary and horrible. Cause i see things that are just the worst and that i why i dont mind when people say they like the game. But i cant like it cause i see things that are just wrong.

I have been playing the game now, for over 50 hours, which is technically a drop in the bucket of time compared to some others. However, that being said, I have not done a full playthrough and am just playing and continuing to do side quests (running low), gigs, and of course taking out some of the local gangs and then when the cops show up to an "oopsie" accidental overshot to the cranium of a passerby (loving smart weapons), I of course take out the police at that time as well.

Because, well its cyberpunk and I wanna play and keep playing.

But alas, onto my issue. Some say Mod, some say dont and let the devs at Cyberpunk give me the content as is and to wait for patches and dlc's to bring more content or more options of new opening doors, or (at max level we prestige and then go to rank 2 level 1 and up to 50 then prestige and rank 3 level 1) that way we can keep adding more points to talen trees. I mean, who could get bored if they allowed that right ;)

But, I have not added a single mod at this time, I am a PC user of course and Just want to know what others think? Do I give in and mod? or since the devs of the game are the ones wanting me to play the game (since they get paid to create this awesome content) which i do actually like alot by the way, maybe just hold out and wait on the devs. Maybe even see if they accept tips to help compensate for their time and show my appreciation (cyberpunk 2077 patreon page maybe lol).

I dono... thoughts please? Mod or No Mod.

the game is new, and the mods are small. Most of them are cheat related, and probably won't make you want to play longer.
Post automatically merged:

Personally I don't like mods. Once you mod you aren't playing Cyberpunk. I like entering a game and playing by its rules, I come to investigate "breaking the rules" and my whole journey through is about a powertrip, I approach all RPG's this way. Have no desire to add an enthusiastis work over the professional developer.

Each their own though.. "Mods" is a game itself, making abominations of designed code.

You'll wreck it for yourself by deviation away from intended design.

I get your point, but sometimes devs have a bad design, and you can fix it. Its tricky though because sometimes you could make it worse. But mods are a choice, so you could only pick the ones that fit your needs

Last edited:
for what for get more panam, more judy? i use mods only for weapons, armour added gameplay (quest, entirely new worlds, Enderal is an example) game tweaks and so on, but knowing the modding comunity for almost i think 10 years (maybe more) now thery will be more likely focused on third person, panam and judy
Yeah, why bother getting the game better when all people are interested in is Panam's and Judy's butts ?

Don't mod atm. Bad idea imo. Unstable code, unfinished features, broken assets, wonky skeletons and rigging etc etc. Only once a game is at a relatively stable state is it really worth the effort to mod, with very few exceptions. At least that is always how I have modded. Be if for personal or public usage. Unless its something absolutely pressing (ie a bug fix mod) then it is just more code with the potential for even more problems to arise, no matter how well it is written.

If you want a walk feature, a minimap that isn't ridiculous zoomed in and other qol features that should have been in at launch then yeah. There is no huge mod out right now besides the console enabler and a cheaty mod that can allow you to bypass some things that are buggy or broken or to acquire something that is bugged in the game and you just can't get. Like Jackie's iconic weapon for example.

Also, near impossible to get all the achievements or even a lot of them because the game is so buggy and broken right now. A mod can help with achievements, if you're into that.

I'd love to see the cars, weapons and apparel creators come up with. I would however like to see the content voted on by the community and very specific quality guidelines adhered to like the game Warframe
Check this one, it's pretty awesome as well, can find more pictures on the link below :D
1610659969407.png

Even if you aren't one of those people who mods the shit out of their games for a personally tailored experience, I would say that CDPR will have to fix A LOT to make at least some mods not be considered essential. There's already a bunch of fixes and quality of life adjustments over on nexus.

Mods are pretty much essential for any game. There's always going to be something you're not happy with. Minor changes to major overhauls, unless you have the developers ear, mods are the only way to get what you want to make it 'your' game.

Mod

This may be of interest to you

"Mods. We’re happy for you to make mods for our games (i.e. software that modifies or works with our games – e.g. changing the UI or adding new mechanics) so long as it doesn’t breach the relevant game’s EULA (e.g. no cheating – this is especially important for GWENT!). If you want to make a mod for another game or service using our content, or make the mod a standalone product, ask us in advance via legal@cdprojektred.com (we just don’t want the next Soulkiller virus). "

Guest 4519094

first make your own challenge, set a goal for the vanilla game then complete that goal
be it finish the game or 100% achievements or finish a cool build and so on ...
then mod the hell out of the game :D flying is awesome by the way ;)

If I understood the fan content guideline on the official game site - Section 3-C - modding will be allowed. I suppose REDKit (RED Engine world editor and modding tools) will be made available. CBP2077 is even mentioned on the REDKit wiki from 2013.
Cheers

Top Bottom