To play, or not to play, that is the question!

+
To play, or not to play, that is the question!

Hello,
Since the expansion was announced officialy, I've started a NG+ to explore different options this time. One of those options was to choose Triss over Yennefer. Problem is, as we all know, that for now Triss romance is not so good. I've done most of the side quests and I'm facing a problem.
I already reached Novigrad and I've done first quest with Triss (with rats) and now I would love to move on with the story but on the other hand I want to wait for 1.09 patch that fill fix Triss romance so It can actually be enjoyable.

Soooo... What should I do? Like I said- I've done most of the sidequests/hunt missions. I want to move with the story. I want to romance Triss this time but... Well... I'm scared that I'm gonna ruind experience for myself If I do that before patch 1.09 comes out.

What do you think? Any news on how much the new patch is gonna improve Triss relationship? Any update on release date? And finally- What would you do?

P.S.
Sorry for my english.

Hey,

I have the exact same dillema. I'd love to play the game but, at the same time, I'm afraid that by progressing with the story now I'll skip some nice additions that 1.09 will prolly bring.
It'd be great if we could get a little hint on the matter from our beloved CDPR devs.
:smile:

P.S
OP, your english ain't half bad ;)

It'd be great if we could get a little hint on the matter from our beloved CDPR devs.

Agree! I understand that CDPR wants to polish their patches as much as they can before release, but just a small sneak peak of change log would be awesome. Or release date maybe?

Still... It looks like I'll have to play some other games while waiting for new patch/expansion.

I asked the same question a couple of days ago and got the answer that nobody knows.

I have decided to wait with the main quest until the patch arives since I don't want to miss anything they decide to add to the romance and since I am optimistic that they will add some more the novigrad part - hopefully they will at least add/change her lines in the rat quest about Yennefer where nothing you say will change her reply in any significant way.

Oh and by the way I went on to skellige and have been doing sidequests Therese to pass the time.

Last edited:
Good to know that I'm not alone with that problem;)
I guess I'm gonna just wait till new patch arrives, and play something else in the meantime. I just hope that they will release patch sooner rather than later.

sv3672

Forum veteran
The patch will probably be released next week, although the exact date is not confirmed yet. In any case, there has been a leak of the new dialogue in early August, and the changes seem to be quite minor, and they are all at or after the battle of Kaer Morhen. In fact, the one decent new scene in the leak is near the end of the game, before the final battle. Maybe there will be more, but I would not expect much, to be honest. So, you may be able to play until The Isle of Mists for now without missing anything, but if there are more tweaks than expected, you can just load an older saved game to see the changes.

Last edited:
Damn... Now I really don't now what to do. And friday is already here... Such a great day to release patch;P
Oh well... Thx for the info but I really don't want to miss anything so I'll wait at least for the patch notes.

I have my NG + on hold, i am after arriving in Velen, i decided to wait for patches and Hot.

Last edited:
Hello,
Since the expansion was announced officialy, I've started a NG+ to explore different options this time. One of those options was to choose Triss over Yennefer. Problem is, as we all know, that for now Triss romance is not so good. I've done most of the side quests and I'm facing a problem.
I already reached Novigrad and I've done first quest with Triss (with rats) and now I would love to move on with the story but on the other hand I want to wait for 1.09 patch that fill fix Triss romance so It can actually be enjoyable.

Soooo... What should I do? Like I said- I've done most of the sidequests/hunt missions. I want to move with the story. I want to romance Triss this time but... Well... I'm scared that I'm gonna ruind experience for myself If I do that before patch 1.09 comes out.

What do you think? Any news on how much the new patch is gonna improve Triss relationship? Any update on release date? And finally- What would you do?

P.S.
Sorry for my english.

I have the same dilemma. However there is a problem that you might not know about. According to CDPR they aren't adding any new content whatsoever. They are adding lines into existing areas, and adding ONE discussion area in Kaer Morhen. At least this is all they have leaked already with the 100ish lines that were in patch 1.08.4. So you're not really going to miss anything according to the leaked stuff until you get past chapter 1. That is if you finish the game. You will have to start over in order to see the new stuff.

It is not necessary to start an entire new game to see the changes, it is enough to replay those scenes that have been tweaked. For example, I have an old save from version 1.06 at the end of Battle Preparations, if I load that after the patch, then the new scene would appear at the tent before the final battle.

It is not necessary to start an entire new game to see the changes, it is enough to replay those scenes that have been tweaked. For example, I have an old save from version 1.06 at the end of Battle Preparations, if I load that after the patch, then the new scene would appear at the tent before the final battle.

Lol, most people don't make "endless" saves every time they same. Most people F5. Then do a hard save over the last existing file of the same game play.

Top Bottom