Toggle walk/run permanently?

+
Toggle walk/run permanently?

Totally an immersive issue. I have searched the net and the config files, but found nothing. Is there an "Always Run" toggle somewhere in the games settings?

Last edited:
You are always running. You can toggle walk/run with CTRL, and you can use SHIFT to sprint, as long as you have stamina. If you mean "sprint permantently" then no, there is no way to do it AFAIK

i use the walk/sprint mod, it's so much easier to loot and search items in any close quarters...:yes

Just to let you know, guys - mods that mess with Stamina can cause a really severe backlash later in game ^.^

Thanks for the replies -- I was not clear, however.

By default, whenever you load a saved game or arrive in a new area after a cutscene, Geralt defaults to a "jog". I am aware of the toggle button, but I would like to change a game setting so that Geralt will default to a "walk". Similar to .CFG or .INI settings like AlwaysRun=0 or RunByDefault=No for many other games.

I can't seem to find any such option in the config files, however.

By default, whenever you load a saved game or arrive in a new area after a cutscene, Geralt defaults to a "jog". I am aware of the toggle button, but I would like to change a game setting so that Geralt will default to a "walk". Similar to .CFG or .INI settings like AlwaysRun=0 or RunByDefault=No for many other games.

Oh, yea, that I would love as well.

I'm so used to hitting the toggle after every load, I do it without thinking now.

HATE it when I want to slowly approach something and I forget it's on jog and I end up running into people.

Maybe adjust that thread title Sigil, this is a good request.

Erm...how do I change the thread title? I just tried about 5 things, but it seems graven in stone.

No, you were clear. Most people just lack the ability to comprehend what they are reading anymore, as they leap to a preconceived conclusion.

You want the ability to walk, by default. As soon as I read 'immersion' I knew what you meant.

I don't think it's available.

Well...poo.

There's a toggle, so the code is there. Somewhere. Beneath piles of shadow cascades...

So, pressing the CTRL key would let you WALK even with the left stick fully forward?

For now, I've been using overburdening as my default walk method, but of course, you can't run even if you wanted to there haha.

So, pressing the CTRL key would let you WALK even with the left stick fully forward?

For now, I've been using overburdening as my default walk method, but of course, you can't run even if you wanted to there haha.

Here is how I play :p

Exactly... I'm so glad there are other people that love to appreciate games this way!

And because I'm so lax with movement for immersion's sake, I looove it when I save near a cliff, for example. Then, I get into a fight with something much more stubborn than myself and become severely perished.

Reload at the cliff, and I think...my, what a striking sunset. I go to take a casual step towards the edge...

...Geralt hoots like a teenager on Spring Break and hurtles towards the drop. Before I can react, he's plummeting for the ground and approaching terminal velocity. "BEER!!!" Sickening splat.

Reload. Hit the walk toggle. Calmly stroll away from the cliff...

---------- Updated at 04:23 AM ----------

No, it effects mouse + keyboard controls. When you hit "W, A, S, D", by default you would walk, not jog.

I too have been searching fruitlessly for this answer when I stumbled upon your post.
This is the issue exactly, why would such a simple action need to be constantly reset after every reload?
Surely there must be a config setting somewhere?! If can be set in game you would imagine its saved somewhere ingame and most settings in memory can be set in config files. At least that has been my gaming experience.

I too have been searching fruitlessly for this answer when I stumbled upon your post.
This is the issue exactly, why would such a simple action need to be constantly reset after every reload?
Surely there must be a config setting somewhere?! If can be set in game you would imagine its saved somewhere ingame and most settings in memory can be set in config files. At least that has been my gaming experience.

Unfortunately, there is no such toggle. I don't believe even mods have addressed this yet. What I recommend is, actually, playing with a controller. I do not like controllers. Looking around does become a bit more imprecise, as well as up-close targeting with the crossbow, but virtually every other aspect of the game seems to function more naturally. Especially combat seems to flow much more nicely, and Geralt randomly leaping about in opposition to input happens very rarely. It really feels as if the game was designed for controller use. The only real negative is inventory, but it's hardly a game-breaker.

Hate to admit it, but ever since I tried the controller, I haven't gone back.

I know this is an old post, but I researched this a while back and couldn't find a a mod or any other convenient solution up until now, so I'm here to present it to whomever might look it up in the future.

If you want Geralt to auto walk/run/sail because you work with your hands, has an issue with your nerves or want to avoid it, there's a glitch you can exploit. It's a bit immersion breaking but it's worthwhile to be able to enjoy the game while avoiding pain and health issues. Imho. Here it is:

1) Download the latest Reshade for TW3 whether you intend to use it or not and install it. (it's not on nexus, btw)
2) Open it when ingame and, in the settings tab, assign a key that's easy to press and is not used otherwise.
3) While ingame, whether walking, horseriding, or sailing, (a) hold the forward key, then (b) press the key you assigned to open Reshade settings, (c) let go of the forward key, (d) press the key you assigned for Reshade again to close it.

Voila! Now Geralt auto walks/runs/sails. I stumbled upon it after giving up on finding a mod or macro that would work and my left hand has been thanking me ever since. Happy, healthy, pain-free playing to you all!

PS: a bug might happen if you do the process described in *3 while the camera is being forced to turn by the mouse where he keeps turning in that direction. Careful to be pressing only "forward" (W) to do it right. If you get it wrong you can save, exit the game to desktop and then reload and it'll be fine.

Top Bottom