Too boring game

+
Devs confirmed that they will be adding silver and gold cards to the starting decks in a future patch to make them more competitive.

Ninschi;n8338920 said:
Was nice having you here. GL finding something new to spend your time on

I have said it multiple times. We should want the game we like, to be liked by others too. ofc. not everything will appeal to anyone, but offer a simple explanation at least. This is CBT, we already know the flaws and also some of the things to come.

Worst thing is for a game to be boring, which at this point the game is, objectively speaking. exactly because predictability has settle in with the current meta (that's also why i am totally uninterested in the upcoming Tournament). Thing is, the game will change and improved, the meta will also change, boring will fade. Though, i hope it goes further than that, i hope they'll introduce cards/faction that reward versatility, punish predictability (as Adam Nadrac often says).

I like this game exactly because it is completely different in some ways: 3 rounds, i don't have a limited amount of HP and mana, 1 card played per turn (theoretically) etc. and ofc. it is made by CDPR. At the same it obviously falls to the same meta issues as any other. The point it is now, predictability is boring, not the game.

MTG was the same, decks that had above 50% overall winrate were always top dogs and there was no real counter to them except the homebrew rogues that lost at early stages of tournaments.

MTG have Limited which is the most awesome part of the game to me, problem is most online CCGs turned drafts into a fuckery when each player have its own card pool so its possible for one guy to have multiple bombs while others are drowning in trash. It is so fun to know that your winrate is limited not by your skill but by the cards that system gave to you (NO).

but dont you worry pal, just pay money and give it another try, you will have fun this time for sure...

TLDR Competitive constructed scene will always be quite stale, this is why there should be a n Arena of some sort that is competitive but not repetitive.

Last edited:
Mutajon;n8384160 said:
This is why I strongly think that Gwent has to have some kind of play mode that includes drafting a deck from a random, not collection-based, poll of cards (similar to sealed format in magic/arena in hearthstone). These formats are great for people looking to avoid the boring meta grind, they also bring a lot of variety to the gameplay, and a lot of surprising games and decks. CDPR - PLEASE give us something like this...
Pretty please?

DRAFT would be the defining feature for both Casual and Ranked play. As with any competitive game people will seek out whatever the absolute best there is, copy it, mimic it, roll with it. It's why I tend to avoid MOBA's where the general ideal of many players is copying what they see Pro teams utilize, and grief anyone who does not follow suit.

The same applies to anything, even TCG/CCG's like GWENT, HS, MAGIC, TES, etc..

Having the option to draft, sort a deck from your collection of cards and going up someone who's done the same would break the monotony of people using the TOP DECK STRAT and nothing else. If not your collection then something along the lines of Limited as Teplokot mentioned.

Last edited:
The problem with experimenting with new decks is that you don't get enough scraps to make a relatively decent deck in more than one faction. Even altering play styles in the same faction can't empty the pocketbook pretty quick. I initially started with a weather deck. I found that really cheap, but since I had already gone with monsters, I figured I'd switch to consume. I've scrapped every non monster cardin my deck, and I still barely have an average consume deck. I couldn't imagine how much it would cost to make competitive decks in several factions.

If you've gotten a bit bored, I really recommend switching it up and playing another faction if you haven't already. Take a control deck and make it into a delay deck. Just some suggestions.

Once there are more cards to play around with an more of a player base (Open Beta) you'll see much more varieties of decks. It takes times for games like these to get cards out that are no OP but will help develop decks further. More players+more cards = Crazy decks and way more fun. Stick with it is my advice.

I'm hoping for open beta soon. I'm trying to be patient, because I realize it's closed beta, But in my time zone, there seems to be 2 groups of players on when I am. The first couple of hours are endless weather decks or treb spammers. Then they go away and it's nothing but players WAY above me. I'm lvl 16 tier 3. I'm playing guys (or gals) lvl 30 tier 12. at least give me a chance to lose to someone my own level.

PinkFloyd76;n8512690 said:
I have said it multiple times. We should want the game we like, to be liked by others too. ofc. not everything will appeal to anyone, but offer a simple explanation at least. This is CBT, we already know the flaws and also some of the things to come.

Worst thing is for a game to be boring, which at this point the game is, objectively speaking. exactly because predictability has settle in with the current meta (that's also why i am totally uninterested in the upcoming Tournament). Thing is, the game will change and improved, the meta will also change, boring will fade. Though, i hope it goes further than that, i hope they'll introduce cards/faction that reward versatility, punish predictability (as Adam Nadrac often says).

I like this game exactly because it is completely different in some ways: 3 rounds, i don't have a limited amount of HP and mana, 1 card played per turn (theoretically) etc. and ofc. it is made by CDPR. At the same it obviously falls to the same meta issues as any other. The point it is now, predictability is boring, not the game.

To clarify 2 things:

1.) Tupoun, who started this thread is complaining alot without offering ANY constructive suggestion at all. So it is fair to say that this is a whine thread and should be considered as one. I for one am not interested in trying to force my personal opinion (I love the game) onto someone who is clearly not enjoying it. TLDR: He should just move on and search for something else which I encourage.

2.) I don't think the game is boring at all. So, your use of the term "objectively" is simply wrong since its subjective after all. The meta still holds alot of surprises - even in the top1000. Trust me ;)

It's true that the game gets redundant/frustrating because of some unbalanced decks (devourer and NR Treb/Golden Boy) which you run into 90% of the time. But hopefully after the Update there will be some revival/diversity.

LifxGaming;n8550530 said:
It's true that the game gets redundant/frustrating because of some unbalanced decks (devourer and NR Treb/Golden Boy) which you run into 90% of the time. But hopefully after the Update there will be some revival/diversity.

Well.
If starter decks are good enough to not make "self made decks" then thats what we'll run into until people get more cards. I hope they went smart on this one so the silver and gold cards fits into more than one type of deck.

Once people get more cards and start experimenting is when we'll see more diversity and deck types. (granted the starter gold and silver may limit this).

Later people will figure out top tier decks, meta will settle and people will gun for those decks. In this case diversity will depend on how balanced the game is (thus allowing multiple type of decks for a single leader f.ex).

Damn you netdecking! Would be so much more interesting if people had to build their own decks :p

Top Bottom