Too many statuses

+
I am beginning to get fed up with statuses — there are just too many and they are hard to keep up with. First, many of the icons for them are not self evident, and as a somewhat new player, I neither have the icons memorized nor all card effects. And I cannot find a way in game to see what status icons mean.

Even worse, many of the status icons blend into the card art and are easily overlooked. Moreover, on a mobile device, they are very tiny ( in part because we need space for so many). I can’t tell you the number of times I misjudged damage done by a card because I overlooked a shield. At least four times, I wasted a bleeding effect because I overlooked the veiled status. I have also overlooked doomed, defender, and resilient. Almost always, these oversights have a huge impact, usually losing the game.

My wish of the day is for bigger, brighter, and fewer status icons.

Tyr117

Forum regular
I am beginning to get fed up with statuses — there are just too many and they are hard to keep up with. First, many of the icons for them are not self evident, and as a somewhat new player, I neither have the icons memorized nor all card effects. And I cannot find a way in game to see what status icons mean.

Even worse, many of the status icons blend into the card art and are easily overlooked. Moreover, on a mobile device, they are very tiny ( in part because we need space for so many). I can’t tell you the number of times I misjudged damage done by a card because I overlooked a shield. At least four times, I wasted a bleeding effect because I overlooked the veiled status. I have also overlooked doomed, defender, and resilient. Almost always, these oversights have a huge impact, usually losing the game.

My wish of the day is for bigger, brighter, and fewer status icons.
I think you can read Statuses information when you look up cards, just click on them on board look them up and see.

i think the game does a pretty good job at explaining everythig if u just read the cards and the info on the right.

ofc some factions need to be played urself to really understand them but u dont have to opt for status effects, though playing against them might be a different story.

Read the card descriptions. When I started past October, I just took my time reading every card the opponent played if I hadn't seen before. But I play from PC, indeed it should be a pain in the ass reading tiny descriptions on the mobile screen.

First, card descriptions do not include descriptions of granted statuses. Second, while I try to read descriptions as cards are played, there is not enough time to read every card, plus call up descriptions of unfamiliar units, effects, and terms. Third, the descriptions do not identify the icon used.

Top Bottom