Total play time not correct

+
Total play time not correct

Hello.

I've played the game for around 3 or 4 hours, but, in the stats screen, it says I've played it for 12.
I have two friends who also got the game and they're having the same problem.

I tried looking around here for this topic, but didn't find it.

Is it not a very common bug, after all, and is it just a coincidence that both of my friends and I all have that problem?

Is the development team aware of it?

I realize that it's probably not a priority, since it's not really a game-breaking bug, but I do like to know how much time I've put into a game this big and this open.

Plus, I also had that issue with Gwent crashing when I tried to pass, but I'm pretty sure that's widely reported by now (and it's back to normal now, just hope it remains that way and doesn't crash again), so I decided to make a thread about total play time.

Anyone else with the same problem?

Some official feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Same problem here. States I've played for two days and 17 hours. It's impossible, I'm like 15-20 hours in the game.
However, that doesn't really bother me. Instead of awful optimization :)

Mine seems accurate; it counts time spent in the Alchemy/Inventory/Map/etc. menu (and possibly the pause menu), so if you've left the game running overnight the clock would still have been ticking which may explain it.

I have never left the game suspended. I never do. I have also never left it on the menu for several hours while I went to do something else.

I remember that I had only played the game for something like 2 hours, or less, when the counter suddenly shot up to 9 hours. I was still in Kaer Morhen, in the tutorial.
One of my friends told me that, until he reached 9 hours or so of actual play time, the counter was correct, showing 9 hours. But, also suddenly after that, the counter shot up to 18 hours.

I've also checked the time just before and after meditating and it does not change because of it, so the counter doesn't represent game world time (as some people have claimed it could be), but does, in fact, represent real world time. Play time, as it says there.

So, it's clearly a bug.

I wonder if some patch can somehow manage to get the counter displayed back to the correct time, without having to start over, obviously.

Top Bottom