TUTORIAL for JOURNAL entries

+
TUTORIAL for JOURNAL entries

I'm going to try to explain ALL I know,by pure investigation, about JOURNAL ENTRIES.First, journal is handled with the journal.2da file. You can export the one from 'Prize of N.' or make one like this one:
Colums:CATEGORY: It has is the name of the conversation file, like 'character' for example (this does not seem to be the rule for alchemy and recipe entries, still investigating those). The given ones are 'character', 'info', 'place' but you can create any new one with any name youwant, just remember to create a conversation file with the same CATEGORY name.PICTURE: is the name of the dds/tga small file. The size of the image is 256x256, here there is sample, with the same border the original ones have.
ENTRY ID: here you have to write the ID of the entry, it has to be unique (if you edit the journal.2da and the entry id's do not appear in the list in conversation files just close D'jinni and open it again)CATEGORY OVERRIDE & BIGPICTURE: no clues, because for 'big picture' there should have to be a column for the picture, no?SEX PICTURE: same as with the small image. This one is the one that appears when you press the 'heart' symbol in the character journal. Just by adding an entry with a sex picture the 'heart' will appear in the journal, as many different ones as you want (there must be a limit in the number though) . It has to be a 1024x1024 like the loading ones, the card goes in the center and bit below, here is a sample (it is safe!!)http://pics.livejournal.com/arkray/pic/004q1674The images can be copied directly to the 'temp' folder for next save or added using the resource explorer, copy them to data folder and when they appear in the resource explorer (you have to restart D'jinni) add them with right click option.We are done with the jorunal.2da.Now it is time to actually write the journal entries. Every entry is a dialog line, CONV TYPE DIALOG(!). The part in the left side of the =>||

Thanks for the character journal entry image sample. When I erased the picture of the character I always removed to much of the border so that it do not look like the real character journal entry images.

No problem. It is just one of the orginal dds files form Prize of N and with photoshop and the squared selection tool carefully remove the central image to only have the border :beer:

Ah, very much thanks Arkray, that's really needed stuff (for me) :) Edit: nice sexcard ;D
gamewidow said:
i have just the borders as .png files if anyone wants them (256x256px)
yes, I want, that saves time

No prob ;) and the sex card was a moment of fun, my hand did it on its own ;D I hope it does not annoy too much, the purple area being a solid color is easy to remove. I have both image bases in .psd format, in case are needed.If anybody finds out where are the alchemy recipes located it would be very useful to complete the tutorial :-[

arkray said:
No prob ;) and the sex card was a moment of fun, my hand did it on its own ;D I hope it does not annoy too much, the purple area being a solid color is easy to remove. I have both image bases in .psd format, in case are needed.If anybody finds out where are the alchemy recipes located it would be very useful to complete the tutorial :-[
Arkray, have you added your tutorial to the D'Jinni wiki, and if not, would you? Or may I?Many thanksSimon

I have no clues how to add it on my own, so please, feel free to do yourself, and people is free to fix and complete it :)

Top Bottom