[TW1][mod] Witcher Swords Edit

+
Xhan said:
Kimono, you forgot to convert the steel sword to direct draw format, and you might wannaenhance the rune alpha, the normals don't show up very well. (I converted and ran around with it, it's way awesome except the bump mapping doesn't really stand out,)And are you the kimono of CS?
Didn't notice that haha, updated now, working on the normals as we speak ;)e: and yes I am, nice to meet ya :)

Hey,, Thought I recognized the name also... Nice to see you here bud,, I think we hooked up on the OB forums a few times,,,CheersVinnieMc

Man, now this is a master modder at work. Eye-popping stuff there Kimono, keep it up!I'm so lost right now just looking for a skin texture in BIF I want to change a color for one and make a second in-game access for a pair of characters that use the exact same model and textures; among other things... ???

Kimono said:
Kimono said:
Kimono, you forgot to convert the steel sword to direct draw format, and you might wanna enhance the rune alpha, the normals don't show up very well. (I converted and ran around with it, it's way awesome except the bump mapping doesn't really stand out,)And are you the kimono of CS?
Didn't notice that haha, updated now, working on the normals as we speak ;)e: and yes I am, nice to meet ya :)
Awesome!, You're one of my fave artists.

I wouldnt worry about the cross, as the german army wasnt the only ones to use its design throughout history.Although it could be said its not very witcher like to have something that resembles a crusading/religious militant order insignia. Great job though.

Wow, great job there... the Black Steel might be a bit too excessive for my taste, but the original steel retex and the ivory-hilted silver sword are a master's work. Thank you!

Kimono said:
Kimono said:
Looks good, but personally it would keep reminding me of the German Iron Cross (below), which would be a bit distracting and anachronistic. Perhaps with a plain hilt and a rune instead?
I'm really looking forward to the mdb import/export tools, can't wait to get started. Hopefully they'll come with the toolset when it's released soon.
sorry missed yert post, I agree, wasn't really thinking while making it haha, a bit late to change it now, I'll try getting it ingame anyway (when the tools come out) ;)
Eh the 'iron cross' is only recent. That style of cross goes back well over a millennium so I think it works. It's called the Maltese cross... it was very commonly seen worn by the many holy orders during the period of the crusades... Such as the Knights Templar, the Knights Hospitaller and even the Teutonic Order in addition to their use of the Tau cross.So given the context of the Order of the Flaming Rose... I suppose it's appropriate, or not out of place anyway.

Hey Guys I am new to modding for this game and I have made a few sword edits for the steel and silver. What I did was make the "Witcher Meteorite Steel" and "Rune Silver" to match thier icons. ex. red, blue, and yellow. What I need to know is how do I add or copy meash's so I can texture the swords. It just seemed a little od that if I forge a "blue meteorite" I should get a blue sword? Oh and with the silver its just the hilt thats colored, I also gave the Lady o' the lake sword a little color splash to match the icon but that was the whole sword. Any Ideas?

Well, it sounds to me as if you have two options.You can either make a new template from scratch in the editor and rename it to be the same sword which does different effects whilst being kept within the OVERRIDE folder, or you can merely place the matchingly-named meshes to the ones used for those swords into the override folder. From what I can tell, you wish them to have the same effects yet look differently, so I propose you put the alternate meshes into the override folder whilst making sure they match the names of the meshes for those swords.The method to finding those meshes, if you haven't already done it, is found on the Djinni Wiki in the Getting Started category- unbiffing the keys and placing the extracted files in the right places for your use. The meshes should be under either Meshes or Textures, but check under Templates/Items first.Hope this helped! :) :beer:

The d'jinni was no help. Let me simplafiy I need to find the mesh first so as to copy it I have no idea what the names for them are. The problem is I have no way of knowing if it is the right one or not... I found them. Now all I have to do is texture them and re-match them in the override folder I have now clue on how to do that Help? Also ther is only one mesh for the sword and HOW do I match them to start with?

I like the look of the black sword, although the detailing and unusual "slotted" bloodgutter on the earlier iron sword image were also pretty good.The "iron cross" symbol was fairly common throughout Europe, and didn't take on "unwanted" connotations until rather recently, as it represented the "regular" German army. The smaller inset "swastika" image was also common, but became a much more controversial "political" symbol, and would probably be the subject of a lof of unnecessary animosity here. I'd suggest keeping the former and ditching the latter unless your intention is to offend someone or spark controversy.

Well this will be an ongoing thread. I've been playing around with shaders and bump maps and decided to make my own steel sword. I need help getting it ingame though since I only have 3dsm 2008 and I need 3dsm 9 to get the tools to work. Hope you guys like it anyway, I stuck it on only 1 512^128 seeing as the witcher is third person. The model currently stands at 247 tris. My own version of the silver sword will come next if someone helps me to get this ingame ;)

Nice to see ya back, Kimono... Unfortunately I don't have 9 yet either... mabne someone for FPSB or CDG could help?

Hey everyone I just picked up the game today and am loving it so far, I've gotten several mods to work fine but when I try to download Kimono's great looking sword mods I keep getting broken links. Does anyone know of an alternate download site? I'd really appreciate it because his swords look really great.

these sword look awesome, but have you considered on fully reskin all of the swords ?? also redo completely "the Moon Blade" ?? you could release a "New Swords Mod"

Top Bottom