"Twisted firestarter" and "missing in action" consequences

+
"Twisted firestarter" and "missing in action" consequences

Hi, I've read that, during the quest twisted firestarter, if you spare Napp he'll set the forge of the dwarf on fire again. So I chose to spare him just to see what would happen but, even after I've left White Orchard, he just hangs drunk in his home and he won't even speak to me. Is something supposed to happen even later in the game or the guide that I read was wrong?
Another thing, after doing the quest missing in action, I've found all the Vildenvert family in their farm near White Orchard, but none of them would speak to me if I try to (they have only their names above their heads) is this normal? I would have loved them to comment the consequences of the decision made at the end of the quest.

Hi, I've read that, during the quest twisted firestarter, if you spare Napp he'll set the forge of the dwarf on fire again. So I chose to spare him just to see what would happen but, even after I've left White Orchard, he just hangs drunk in his home and he won't even speak to me. Is something supposed to happen even later in the game or the guide that I read was wrong?
Another thing, after doing the quest missing in action, I've found all the Vildenvert family in their farm near White Orchard, but none of them would speak to me if I try to (they have only their names above their heads) is this normal? I would have loved them to comment the consequences of the decision made at the end of the quest.

I didn't spare that guy in any of my games, so I can't confirm that.

Now that I went back to White Orchard to see that "missing in action" family, I can't find them. Where are they supposed to be? There's no one there were that quest started.

That's normal I can confirm. There aren't special dialogues! :santa:

To spare Napp is an interesting option. I never tried that. The walkthrough he will survive... :evil:

I didn't spare that guy in any of my games, so I can't confirm that.

Now that I went back to White Orchard to see that "missing in action" family, I can't find them. Where are they supposed to be? There's no one there were that quest started.

Now they are near White Orchard (the village). Before entering the village you have to cross a bridge, but, if you go right before crossing the bridge, you should find a farm where the Vildenvert family is living once they have bene reunited (if you visit the farm before completing the quest you can find the sister of Dune that is crying), you can even find the nilfgaardian soldier if you chose to save him. Check it out, it' an interesting consequence, even if they won't talk to you; I hope that I've been clear enough.

---------- Updated at 12:18 AM ----------

That's normal I can confirm. There aren't special dialogues! :santa:

To spare Napp is an interesting option. I never tried that. The walkthrough he will survive... :evil:

I think that the 90% of Witcher 3 players killed Napp and won't spare him even in successive playtroughts ahah
I spared him just for curiosity but, if you think about it, it's the best thing to do: the dwarf doesn't have to leave the village and Napp doesn't die (even if he is racist hanging him is still cruel, he didn't kill anyone so he doesn't deserve to die); I just hope that he won't burn the dwarf's forge again later on.
Anyway, thanks for the answer!

Now they are near White Orchard (the village). Before entering the village you have to cross a bridge, but, if you go right before crossing the bridge, you should find a farm where the Vildenvert family is living once they have bene reunited (if you visit the farm before completing the quest you can find the sister of Dune that is crying), you can even find the nilfgaardian soldier if you chose to save him. Check it out, it' an interesting consequence, even if they won't talk to you; I hope that I've been clear enough.

Found them! They won't speak to me neither. Nice to see though everything is fine with them :)

I think that the 90% of Witcher 3 players killed Napp and won't spare him even in successive playtroughts ahah
I spared him just for curiosity but, if you think about it, it's the best thing to do: the dwarf doesn't have to leave the village and Napp doesn't die (even if he is racist hanging him is still cruel, he didn't kill anyone so he doesn't deserve to die); I just hope that he won't burn the dwarf's forge again later on.
Anyway, thanks for the answer!

Thank you too. Next playthrough I will test it!!! :rolleyes:

Found them! They won't speak to me neither. Nice to see though everything is fine with them :)

yeah, it's kind of strange... other npcs will thank you for your help in certain quests (like the farmer of your first contract). Anyway, I'm glad that this topic has been useful for you :)

---------- Updated at 12:27 AM ----------

@Boromir2015 Could you pleas clean your private mail so I can send new one :whistle: Your mail box is full...

@Axo988 What do you mean that Dwarf doesn't have to leave? My dwarf is still there, even if I killed Napp :O

If you talk to him he'll tell you that, later on, he'll have to leave becausev the villagers now hate him for Napp's death. But he never leaves phisically.

If you talk to him he'll tell you that, later on, he'll have to leave becausev the villagers now hate him for Napp's death. But he never leaves phisically.

I just went talk to him. Geralt said that if Nilfgaard abandons White Orchard, dwarf should go with them. Dwarf only mentions that locals won't buy anymore his stuff. So for now I'm thinking that passing by costumers keeps him busy :)

I just went talk to him. Geralt said that if Nilfgaard abandons White Orchard, dwarf should go with them. Dwarf only mentions that locals won't buy anymore his stuff. So for now I'm thinking that passing by costumers keeps him busy :)

Yes, he said to me too something like that, poor dwarf, whatever option you choose it ends up being bad for him :lol:. Anyway, if I remember correctly, he doesn't answer when Geralt makes the suggestion, so I think that we'll never know what will happen to him, kind of sad.

Seeing if Napp burns down Willis's house later down the road (if kept alive) is certainly intriguing, and would prove that in fact every action has a consequence - but how about proving that theory with something simpler...

Has anyone actually found Napp's body hanging from the tree? If so, I would love to know where.

I know actually seeing him bears little significance when comparing to the grand scope of the game, but its the small things like this that really add immersion.

Best,

Cristian

I spared Napp, and Smith is nowhere to be found in White Orchard.. yet his house didnt look like being burned down..

Nilfs say that hang Napp but the body is never to be found. I spared Napp to see the consequences later. Willis' forge is rebuilt either way by Nilfs.

Dune and his brother, if saved are all at the farm and the Nilf is there with them as well if you put a word for him. The farm is between Ford and Woesong Bridge.

Top Bottom