Two questions on ranking

+
Two questions on ranking:

The following quotes are from the official website, below:

"Once you have all 5 pieces, you unlock that avatar"

and

"For Rank 25-15, you only drop down a rank if you lose twice in a row".

Question 1:

How come unlocking the avatar does not unlock the rank?

Question 2:

Does that second quote still apply? I.e. you don't drop a rank by losing twice in a row if you are ranked higher than that. It just seems odd.

Anyway, I'd like to be able to lock-in a rank once I complete the mosaic. It's just another level of CDPR trollery that this isn't so.

The first answer yourself have respond in your topic.

One thing its The avatar, other thing its rank. I think its easy to understand.

The second question. In rank 14 to 1 you drop rank (in fact The "pieces" of the rank = x/5) each game you lose

The first answer yourself have respond in your topic.

One thing its The avatar, other thing its rank. I think its easy to understand.

The second question. In rank 14 to 1 you drop rank (in fact The "pieces" of the rank = x/5) each game you lose

My question was getting at why on Earth unlocking the avatar doesn't make you progress to the next rank. It's just annoying, that's all.

With the second question, are you saying that dropping a rank means dropping a mosaic piece from the mosaic? That doesn't sound right. Did GOG do a really bad job at explaining at how that works? I'm guessing that they might have.

My question was getting at why on Earth unlocking the avatar doesn't make you progress to the next rank. It's just annoying, that's all.

With the second question, are you saying that dropping a rank means dropping a mosaic piece from the mosaic? That doesn't sound right. Did GOG do a really bad job at explaining at how that works? I'm guessing that they might have.
First question: Yes I actually agree that completing the mosaic should bump you up to the next rank.

Second question: Players do not drop a rank anymore. If you lose, a shard of the mosaic is taken away and if you are down to zero shards nothing happens. You simply stay at the same rank. Only at the beginning of a new season you drop down 2 ranks, this is the only time it happens.

Second question: Players do not drop a rank anymore. If you lose, a shard of the mosaic is taken away and if you are down to zero shards nothing happens. You simply stay at the same rank. Only at the beginning of a new season you drop down 2 ranks, this is the only time it happens.

So you used to drop ranks? I was looking for official GWENT information on this and that's what I found. So CDPR don't even have to up to date information on the game? Nice.

So CDPR don't even have to up to date information on the game? Nice.
Yes, unfortunately the main page has outdated information about the game on several points (more like still having Homecoming start data up for some reason).

So you used to drop ranks? I was looking for official GWENT information on this and that's what I found. So CDPR don't even have to up to date information on the game? Nice.
Yes, in the past if you had no shards of the mosaic and lost a game, or maybe 2 I'm not sure, you'd drop a rank.

Yes, in the past if you had no shards of the mosaic and lost a game, or maybe 2 I'm not sure, you'd drop a rank.

I might have had a thread here recently about suggesting my preference for it taking two consecutive losses to lose a mosaic piece instead of the current system where you gain an extra piece for two consecutive wins. I don't netdeck and I don't put a lot of effort into researching decks, so for me getting two consecutive wins is too punishing to rank-up. In bad months I'm sure that I'd drop mosaic pieces regularly, probably more than one in a day.

Top Bottom