Unable to find Switch save after transfering from PC

+
Hey there,

Was able to sign into my Steam account and send over my Switch save file of The Witcher 3 (cartridge) to my PC. Played for awhile and then when deciding to transfer it back to my Switch, I'm unable to find that save file on my Switch. After closing The Witcher 3 (GOTY) on PC, I've let it sync with the cloud uninterrupted. I've removed my mod folder from PC , along with verifying the game files and seeing if I was missing anything. I'm unsure as what to do next. Hopefully someone else can help so I can get back to playing The Witcher :)

Thanks!

Did you change the name of the save file on your PC? According to this, changing the name causes problems:

There are also a few websites that explain how the transfer is supposed to work (I don‘t have a switch so I can‘t test it, unfortunately). Like this one: https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/faqs/633889-witcher-3-save-transfer-pc-switch

If the savegame still doesn‘t show it‘s probably best to save again on your PC.

Did you change the name of the save file on your PC? According to this, changing the name causes problems:

There are also a few websites that explain how the transfer is supposed to work (I don‘t have a switch so I can‘t test it, unfortunately). Like this one: https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/faqs/633889-witcher-3-save-transfer-pc-switch

If the savegame still doesn‘t show it‘s probably best to save again on your PC.

No changes to the names of the files at all. I've followed all the steps on the website and I still unfortunately can't find the save file. I've repeated the process of saving the game on PC, uploading to the cloud and then checking on Switch but still the same results. I also made sure to keep the alternative costumes DLC for Yen, Triss and Ciri the same throughout both versions of The Witcher 3. I briefly heard on a YouTube video that some people say disconnecting your internet and reconnecting can help. Trying that next.

Will keep this forum posted if I find anything else.

If nothing helps, you can also reach out to CDPR support here:

If nothing helps, you can also reach out to CDPR support here:

Tried reaching out but it doesn't let me submit. The red 'Submit' button just loads for a second then reverts back to the way it was originally. No indication of being sent unless it has and I'm just not aware? Having lots of problems today :p
Thank you for the help though.

Attachments

• support-ticket-not-working.png
    support-ticket-not-working.png
    368.2 KB · Views: 158
Seems like it's just not supposed to work for you! :p

Strange that you should be seeing nothing at all. Is it possible you've linked the wrong accounts between the PC and Switch? Do you have more than one Steam account? Typo maybe?

Also, did you play and save the game on PC before you uninstalled the mods? If so, that could be the issue right there. If that's the case, ensure the PC version is 100% vanilla, then send the save from the Switch again. Play around for a few minutes, save, and see if that file is recognized by the Switch when you send it back.

Seems like it's just not supposed to work for you! :p

Strange that you should be seeing nothing at all. Is it possible you've linked the wrong accounts between the PC and Switch? Do you have more than one Steam account? Typo maybe?

Also, did you play and save the game on PC before you uninstalled the mods? If so, that could be the issue right there. If that's the case, ensure the PC version is 100% vanilla, then send the save from the Switch again. Play around for a few minutes, save, and see if that file is recognized by the Switch when you send it back.

Well just my luck though. I did actually manage to get the cloud save function to work as I just bought the GOG version of The Witcher 3.
All I've done since my original post was download the GOG version and moved all my old save files from previous years of playing The Witcher 3. (found in your Documents, The Witcher 3.. etc etc)
I did actually delete the mod folder AFTER transfering the save from my Switch to my Steam version so that could've possibly had an impact. With the new GOG version, it's 100% vanilla and works perfectly fine.
I'm not sure if the version differences will even matter as I think they do use the same folder for saves if I'm not mistaken. (Just wanna support CDPR as much as I can)

All in all, incase anyone else is having this issue:
Make sure your save folder isn't super full as mine was (1400 files including the .png's) and make sure to not transfer the file over if you've got mods still on.

Thanks!

I did actually delete the mod folder AFTER transfering the save from my Switch to my Steam version so that could've possibly had an impact.

Very likely the culprit, as it would contain data that would make the Switch go: "Whuuu...?"

...as mine was (1400 files including the .png's)...

:oops:

Surely! Glad you were able to get it working! Now you can continue with slayings and the warring and the search for interdimensional princesses.

Top Bottom