Unable to pick up cards

+
There are two more bug's in the Nomad starting area.

Can't access this recording, it flashes as can be seen but no prompt.

Can't pick up this item from the machine. If using the machine next to it then the item that drops from that machine can be picked up.

And here is the tower, just for completion sake. :p

And here is a couple more, incase a dev or someone that can forward it to them, looking in this thread.

Right outside of V's apartment, at the machine. There is also something to the right when exiting the apartment, on the floor, no picture though.

And this is a floor below.
i have that too with some items. but my question to you.. (because i have a problem to, that i believe you do not have..) how do we interact with a vendor machine ? i see the hand with finger when i hover the button.. but F does not work and hell do i know which one... plz shine light!! :)

There are a ton of things in the first town (I'm a nomad) that I can't pick up and it's infuriating. I'm standing right on top of it and nothing. I can't find "sweet spots" for so many things. I'm on 2560x1080, so i wonder if widescreen is f'ing with things.

pickup.png

Can't pick up this item from the machine. If using the machine next to it then the item that drops from that machine can be picked up.

And here is a couple more, incase a dev or someone that can forward it to them, looking in this thread.

Right outside of V's apartment, at the machine. There is also something to the right when exiting the apartment, on the floor, no picture though.

I culd pick up the item at the first picture (with blue polo guy). I had to go backward and right a little bit, and there flashed a pick up and outline for a moment. Then I moved a bit left-right-forward-backward only a little and found a sweet spot. But this doesn't worked some items at the radio tower.

Same issue. Were you all playing on the nomad origin? Also are those cards just junk to throw away I am a compulsive completion-est but I can let it go if its just junk. Also on that same tower on the second level are two pieces of paper that I can't pick up. The writting on one says its a contract or something.

I'm pretty confident the cards are just junk. Quite a few items I couldn't pick up looked like junk. So it's slightly irritating but not the end of the world. If anything it's more irritating there is so much junk laying around....

Same here. There are so many letters, newspapers and other stuff I can't pick up no matter what angle I align with.
How the hell this bug went through QA??? It's crazy.

I have found junk items with no icon I could pick up. Like others have mentioned there is a lot of items, with icons, you can't loot. Just a note: If you climb the small building next to the radio tower (Nomad) there is a ballistic vest in a trunk on the roof.

I think you cant pick up this Item at all, I came across it atleast 5 times now and I was never able to pick it up. Must be something with its hitbox
(the we're all puppets lp) As nomad, I couldn't pick up the first one I found (in the town), but I recall picking one in the trailer where met Jackie.

So is the issue with not being able to pick things up just due to the Nomad start?

I have the same issue and it is beyond frustrating (Nomad).

Add me to the list of people starting in the Nomad area and unable to pick shit up off the ground. I know this might be a (comparatively) minor bug for others but it really, really bothers me a lot. I hope this is something they are aware of and know how to fix in a simple manner. It would suck a lot if this was only (or never!) fixed a couple of months down the road.

Could be a collision box issue and a talk prompt issue? I'm guessing that looting works roughly as follows: When your crosshair intersects a 3D collision box flagged as an interactable object with an inventory (henceforth, container), it triggers a prompt to press the use key. Upon doing so, it fires a script that adds the contents to the player's inventory, plays a sound effect, subtracts it from the container inventory and then destroys the container.

I have noticed that if a lootable container is placed very close to an npc, the npc's talk prompt can get in the way of looting the container. Npcs seem to have a field around them with x metre radius. If any part of V's collision box enters the circle, it triggers a talk/use prompt. Upon pressing the use key, I assume it fires a script which plays back a dialogue sound file and throws up a text string on screen. Where a container is inside an npc's talk radius, you have to move around and find an angle where you can target the container without entering the talk field.

In Lizzie's Bar there are some containers that are directly beneath npcs so it is impossible to get an angle on the container that doesn't get obstructed by the talk prompt. Perhaps the container is also inside the npc's collision box too?

Sometimes there will be a lootable container crammed between crates or shelves that is untargetable. I'm assuming this is because the container is inside the collision box of a larger unlootable object? I often have trouble looting objects in the back seat of burnt out cars for instance (like the car to your left when you start "The Rescue" mission).

Then there are some lootable objects (mostly junk) like on the Radio Tower in the Nomad intro which do not have npcs anywhere near them and appear to be lying on the ground in the open. It turns out they are untargetable anyway. Is it possible that the collision box for the container is under the floor?

Last edited:

Still having this issue on 1.05.

Serveras of these issues around. They are 'underneath' the ground. Making Them impossible to pick up. Bad placement of devs.

Top Bottom