Unfair judgement sorrounding this game.

+
The game is unfinished, there is no doubt about it, so negative reviews are absolutely understandable.
this was criticized by employees almost a year ago.
However, the criticism should only relate to the game and not against CDPR, the decision to publish the game in this state was only made by the management at CDPR.
The people at CDPR, who have been working on the game for years to give us the best possible result, are just as annoyed as we are.

Article on PCGames (German)

Employees let their frustration run free

The employees asked directly and apparently quite angrily why the management publicly announced in January 2020 that Cyberpunk 2077 was ready and playable, even though that was not the case at all. Another employee wanted to know whether it was not hypocritical to develop a game about large corporations that exploit their employees if you let your own employees work in crunch for so long. The entire image of the company would suffer from the situation. The management is said to have responded only very imprecisely.

This sites have zero prof about any conversation into CD, just especulation and 'i hear about'...

I agree with nearly everything stated.

I would like to adjust one keypoint tho: The reason for this fiasco is the Management of CDPR. The poor devs that had to work in that F'd up enviroment to in the end needing to cut so much and still having to leave the game in a state that make 99% of the playerbase furious should be left out here.

and that's why it must be wrong?

Mere speculation and for the same reason I could argue: why should it be right?

That's part of this press, it lives off speculation, cheap sensationalism to sell advertising through 'likes'. But, this is my perception of events.

Neither can I say that the article is correct, nor can you say that it is wrong.
believe it or don't believe it the decision is yours.

What is certain, doable, we have no way of knowing, at least for now. Crunsh's practice, for example, feasible in this environment (games - and other means) was feasible and not because it was taken over by CDPR but because, who accused, had a name or some names.

This is something, now, in the 'I heard it', anything fits, especially when they involve many interests, even opposites between large companies (including commercial competition). In the assumption 'without names', without having anyone legally responsible for what is said, it is up to 'meteors' ... and part of the press is a fan of producing this, sensationalism to raise public.

This does not invalidate evidence, but from evidence to material evidence, there are gaps.

Cyberpunk as a game always had potential; problem is on its' release it failed spectacularly; almost like FallOut 76 did. Hopefully the PTBs will fix the problems.

While the game definitely has it's issues I have enjoyed the experience so far.

As for all the judgement surrounding the game the most astonishing thing is watching people resort to insulting people for having the audacity to enjoy things they don't. If this game does not meet your expectations you should not try to force your disappointment and misery to people who are having a good time.

I agree. I honestly never use game reviews or take anything serious that someone says about a game when money is involved and for the most part never give much credence to what normal gamers say about how good/bad a game is unless they are friends of mine simply because no two people are going to play any game and see it the exact same way. It is just not going to happen. Everyone has their own gaming preferences and no one else can speak to them. So if a game looks interesting to me I buy it and play it. If its bad its bad and I don't go around telling other gamers "hey I hate this game so you have to hate it to" that shit is just silly and childish.

I honestly think the glitches/bugs stuff while there are some is completely over blown, at least on PC, I can't speak for the consoles of which, in my opinion, this game should have never been released on the last gen consoles in the first place corpo rats got it wrong there. Also, YouTube videos purporting to show glitches, watched a lot of them, and I will admit some of them a funny as hell. But, seems to be a lot of video clip "borrowing" going on just so people can jump on the bash CDPR hate train for clicks while the fire is hot when they prolly haven't even played the game, in my opinion. So the problem seems to be being exacerbated by the opportunistic. Just my opinion though based solely off of my own experience.

I am loving the game as it is...on my 2nd run and loving the gameplay and with nearly 60 hours played I have got my moneys worth.

But I am disappointed, as many others have said this game is too linear. Only 2 romance options per gender? Can't change your hair or repaint your vehicle? Night city is missing all the interactivity that was promiaed

As OP stated, CP77 is indeed similar to Fallout 4.

That being said, Fallout 4 has massive unofficial patch to protect players from bugs. It has save files editor to recover bloated saves (rather than don't play too much on one save file, like CDPR tech support suggested). It has console to repair broken things in real time if you know how to use it.
And don't get me started on modding community. Fallout 4 players are not limited by a few dozens vanilla hairstyles and clothes, there are hundreds of them. Even on consoles.

The moment CP77 will have the same level of modding support it will become same or better than Fallout 4. Until then, no.

Last edited:
Top Bottom