Unplayable due to Five Minute Load Times

+
Unplayable due to Five Minute Load Times

Of course the game IS playable. If you have nothing else to do but wait and wait and wait for the game to load. Unfortunately for many of us who have a life, this is not the case. What a shame. This is a terrific game (when it is done loading), but heaven help you if you want to use trial and error in any situation and reload to try things different ways. And even if you give up your gamer's right to rebooting for experimentation, there is (at least in my playing of Witcher) the invevitable game crash that forces a reboot and reload. Every time this game loads, the splash screen sits, unmoving, no sign of life, for five minutes or more. You really think it is frozen, but just wait long enough and it actually gets you to the saved game selections to load. The latest version has helped with scene changes in the game, speeding up transitions from a room to the outside world for example, but load times remain a punishing affair. So much so that I, like some others I have seen on the boards, have had to put this game away. Here is hoping that the Witcher team gets it right with the next revision!

Hmm, try defraging your harddrive, it should help. Clean out your save game folder too, it helps a bit. It's under My Documents. I would figure out which games you wanna save and delete them from that folder.There is trial and error yes, but I find it much more to just play and live with what happened, of course whis doesn't apply to dieing:(There is also the option of wiping your hardrive and reinstalling everything. Dunno if that'll help, but if its been over a year since you've done that, it should, with The Witcher and overall performance.

I will take it you installed the latest patch What are your PC specs?Defragging will help a lot and removing old files you don't use anymore as well

It's not the game's fault. Everyone but you has quick load times since the latest patch.Maybe if you posted your computer specs we could give you better advice.

I am having the same problem with load times.....I am currently defragging and downloading the 1.2 patch.I am hoping this helps me or, I must do like you and buy more DDR ii ram

Once in the game, load times aren't to bad..it was that very first load page that tooka couple of minutes..getting more ram would still be a good idea for me though

Use the task manager and disable all non System programs.Or get a better system. Without any changes/task closing, the longest load I EVER see is 10 seconds.

Top Bottom